Training 2018 Pre-season. The year of the Ollie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, because being micro-managed to the hilt, being abused online constantly, having numerous parts of your life up for public scrutiny, having to be in the type of shape to play each week is all just a dream run.

Yes, they probably get paid more than people who have to slog their guts out doing manual work - but that's how the world works. Their lives wouldn't be some blissful utopian paradise. The scrutiny and pressure that would be on these people, who sometimes are still kids (let's face it - 18-21 year olds are still classified as adolescents by some demographers) would be insane. Even when 'living it up' overseas - they would still have to be ultra-conscious of not boozing it up too much and watching what they eat - because when the calipers come out on the first day of pre-season they won't want to have pushed it too hard.

Yes there are plenty of us who wish we could have done it - but that doesn't mean it is easy just because they are living a boyhood dream of ours.
Yes it's really hard life been a afl player. Rather booze up. :huh:.

Caption this little gem...

"Ahhh no. I'm actaully reeling from sun, not you."
6a9b30187a525fe3b5dfba52c1b9d897.jpg

Look at my ball skills!
Fook off ya w@nker

Keen to see how Schoey goes with a decent PS.

An irrelevant but interesting stat: Has only ever scored 1 fantasy 100 in 100 games...

2015 GF day vs WCE.
And he shouldn't have been playing then. Crazy to play a tall swingman on a 38 degree day rather than a running machine. Clarko got lucky with his coaches choice. If I had been coach ........

Have always liked Schoey once he moved out of defence, but he just doesn't get involved enough. Still it's better to be a journeyman, like he and Duryea , who has stood up in the big dance, than a Rohan or a Jetta.

Anyway all the best for them all. It's handy to have depth and competition for best 22 spots.

And he shouldn't have been playing then. Crazy to play a tall swingman on a 38 degree day rather than a running machine. Clarko got lucky with his coaches choice. If I had been coach ........

Have always liked Schoey once he moved out of defence, but he just doesn't get involved enough. Still it's better to be a journeyman, like he and Duryea , who has stood up in the big dance, than a Rohan or a Jetta.

Anyway all the best for them all. It's handy to have depth and competition for best 22 spots.
yeah clarko got lucky.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200.gif

And he shouldn't have been playing then. Crazy to play a tall swingman on a 38 degree day rather than a running machine. Clarko got lucky with his coaches choice. If I had been coach .....

You’ve rightly been laughed at for this startling statement - but to add insult to insult - it was 31° on grand final day 2015 - not 38°.

Another "accident of history". :D
just lucky west coast were weakened by being pushed back to pick 4 when they got Gaff

I think the problem with the 2015 Grand Final was that the poor West Aussies couldn’t handle the hot weather in Melbourne and succumbed to the heat.

The Hawks had a huge advantage.

Yes, we got lucky.

I think the problem with the 2015 Grand Final was that the poor West Aussies couldn’t handle the hot weather in Melbourne and succumbed to the heat.

The Hawks had a huge advantage.

Yes, we got lucky.
Then the were those differences between personnel & coaches, as well

Last edited:

Don't let a handful of know it alls detract from your point (re Schoey) which was commented on by observers of the game on the day and rightfully so.

Also not one coach in the modern era of AFL Grand Finals has made an arsey move/selection :rolleyes:………just ask them.

What horseshit.

Schoey played well, so Clarko was right.

All those who thought he shouldn't have been playing, you would think they might accept they were wrong, wouldn't you?

No, amazingly they were still right, and Clarko was just lucky.

The only know it alls here are the ones who know they know more than Clarko, even when the evidence disagrees.

Big Footy. Where Your Plan Would Have Worked Better Since 2001

Last edited:
just lucky west coast were weakened by being pushed back to pick 4 when they got Gaff
And that every other team is incompetent?

And that every other team is incompetent?
We're the other clubs incompetent? No it was Hawthorn who were wrong (and accidentally won three flags)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back