2018 pre season

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He did an Instagram post last night that basically had a “nearly finished rehab, can’t wait to play with the boys” vibe. Safe to assume he’s fine.
Last I heard he was tracking well ahead of schedule. I suppose he has had plenty of practice on the rehab.

Feb 27, 2008
Langwarrin
AFL Club
Carlton
I remember watching Bell against us at eitihad circa 2014/15 and saying to the other Lions fans I was with ''id love him in our team'. He has such a presence at the contest, he wasn't an A-grader, but he just looked useful.

I was pretty happy we got him. since moving up, he, like so many others (draft and trade) he hasn't come on as you would hope.

The biggest thing for me is he also doesen't seem to want body contact, along with his bad kicking, which is a sign of confidence.

I hope he can throw his size around a bit this year, his preseason was promising, I'd love to see him be a regular over the next 5 years.

Craved body contact at Carlton. Was upset when he left. Hopefully can get it together. Very solid foot soldier

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
His last year at Carlton was fantastic and been injured since. Think fans will ease up on him if gets a good run at it
Not really, he had half a season or 3/4 of last season injury free. Was terrible for all of it except for the odd game here and there. I reckon the coach has said, during his injury, that he needs to step up with a, b, and c if he wants another contract.

Papa Caz

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
Not really, he had half a season or 3/4 of last season injury free. Was terrible for all of it except for the odd game here and there. I reckon the coach has said, during his injury, that he needs to step up with a, b, and c if he wants another contract.
think he has stepped up enough to keep his spot?

think he has stepped up enough to keep his spot?
To keep his spot?
Or gain a spot.
I didn't rate his game against Sydney, inparticar his kicking, but he was much better in the game against Gold Coast. And i think he will be named in the side to take on the Saints.

Papa Caz

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
To keep his spot?
Or gain a spot.
I didn't rate his game against Sydney, inparticar his kicking, but he was much better in the game against Gold Coast. And i think he will be named in the side to take on the Saints.
either way, keep his spot since he played jlt but gain a spot in the side since he wasnt best 22 last year. i do think he will play round 1

Whats the go with your ruck stocks this year? Stefan Martin a clear #1, Archie Smith was disappointing when he got games last year. Is he likely to get games again? Has someone passed him?

There is a separate thread for supercoach queations mate.

Feb 2, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Miami Heat
There is a separate thread for supercoach queations mate.

Sorry if it came across a SC question but it genuinely wasn't intended to be one. I've been trying to find articles online to see what Fagan's plans with his talls are this year with the emergency of Andrews, Hipwood and McStay. Seems like he won't be forced to play a second ruck in the forward line if he chooses not to - but equally unsure about KPF depth with no one really sitting behind Walker now Schache has gone - hence asking about the ruck situation and trying to figure out if there's a natural forward there or if someone from down back may be played out of position/rotated throughout the year.

As an aside it kind of reminds me of Essendon a few years ago when we were spoiled for KPD but very few KPF - you have to either play a second ruck or play a defender out of position.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sorry if it came across a SC question but it genuinely wasn't intended to be one. I've been trying to find articles online to see what Fagan's plans with his talls are this year with the emergency of Andrews, Hipwood and McStay. Seems like he won't be forced to play a second ruck in the forward line if he chooses not to - but equally unsure about KPF depth with no one really sitting behind Walker now Schache has gone - hence asking about the ruck situation and trying to figure out if there's a natural forward there or if someone from down back may be played out of position/rotated throughout the year.

As an aside it kind of reminds me of Essendon a few years ago when we were spoiled for KPD but very few KPF - you have to either play a second ruck or play a defender out of position.

They may just stick with Hipwood Walker and a bunch of smaller forwards such as Rayner. We also have Ballenden as another tall forward/ruck option.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
CH10 news showed the captains get together today.....they interviewed every captain except, yep you guessed it, the Lions. ...oh and Saints.

Did see Beams in the background, but no sight at all of Saints captain. Beams was the only non vic club not interviewed, grr!:mad:

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
can beams get back to his form of basically being a top 10 mid in the afl?
He finished in the top 10 of the Brownlow last year and in the second half in particular he was easily a top 10 mid. With a full year last year under his belt plus a full pre season I'm hopeful he can have an AA quality year.

Back