Prediction 2018 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS to be the best team across the year but fall in a heap in front of the baying Tigers faithful on GF day.
:thumbsu::thumbsdown: Might have been right if GWS didn't have a terrible injury run.

Adelaide and Sydney to have strong years but be run off the park by younger quicker more aggressive teams on a fast finals deck.
:thumbsu::thumbsdown: Might have been right if Adelaide didn't have a terrible injury run. Correct re: Sydney.

Geelong and Hawthorn very fitness dependent. Both could push top 4 with a clear run but a clear run is unlikely. If Jaegar and GAJ and Selwood get injured they could both miss finals.
:thumbsu:

Melbourne on the way up. Surely there’s no way they have an injury run as bad as last year.

Port will be a bit discombobulated due to all their new players.

Essendon I can’t see as a real contender because they don’t have a contested bull. They will be desperately hoping for Stringer and Smith to come through strongly here.

Collingwood have a great midfield. Quotes suggest they are finally thinking of coming up with a game plan to suit their list. Still, Buckley.
:thumbsu::thumbsdown:

Western Bulldogs looked utterly disinterested at AFLX. Sure it was a team of noobs playing AFLX but you would think they would be possessed with a ferocious determination to push their case as the least.

Brisbane are the bottom 8 team I am most excited to watch. Set your watches to Hawthorn 2005.

Gold Coast likely to continue to be a basket case.

North have some rebuilding ahead of them. Set your watches to Carlton a few years ago.
I still think so, but apparently North don't think so.

Brownlow - Dustin Martin
:thumbsdown:

Coleman - Joe Daniher
:thumbsdown:

I will be doing well if 60%+ of this is correct.

Special shout out to GreyCrow who was one of only 4 to predict West Coast to make the finals, and the only person to predict Collingwood make the finals.

To have had both those teams in the 8, deserves bonus points.

In hindsight, disappointed that I didnt have the Eagles in the 8. Their home ground truly became a fortress when they were at full strength. Love the brand of footy they play its high scoring and exciting.

Sorry guys, according to my Carlton supporting cousin and Sydney supporting uncle, we've lost the best young player in the cosmos and have a mean sooky captain and are sliding out of the 8 this year as a result.

**** me the media has a lot to answer for.
Can you ask your cousin and uncle what's going to happen next year and post it here. See if they can go 2 from 2.

This thread is a great refresher - that none of us have much idea what is going to in the next 12 months.
Congratulations on the win.

I disagree with the none of us have much idea what is going to happen in the next 12 months bit - of course no one can say for certain, but that's never the point of prediction, its to see the level of imperfection..

This is the second one we've run of these, I think grey crow has done well both times IIRC. We will have to start to bow down to him/her when they talk footy.

Really though, we prolly shouldnt' take much notice of each year or even two years but after three we should start to see who does or doesn't know their footy. I look forward to doing our next one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back