News 2018 preseason fixture (GWS in Canberra, WB in Moe)

Remove this Banner Ad

We're rumoured to be playing NM in Kingston Tasmania next preseason

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...h/news-story/ac3663b3a235f9cfb66eab9b2aa896af
KINGSTON’S Twin Ovals is set to become Tasmania’s latest AFL venue when North Melbourne hosts arguably Australia’s biggest football club Collingwood in a pre-season fixture in February.

It is believed the game will be played in the second week of the pre-season JLT Series, with Hawthorn and Melbourne to clash at Launceston’s University of Tasmania Stadium in week one.

An AFL spokesman would not confirm or deny the Roos-Pies fixture, only stating the full pre-season schedule would be released later this month.

Means I might have to prepare a game day thread that goes in detail about Kingston.

Should be fun.

Adding the fact that the word Kingston itself is part of two excellent horses: Kingston Town, Kingston Rule.

Be nice for the Tasmanians seeing a real team like us :)

AFL needs a bit of imagination.

Kingston, Jamaica

Man, that would be trippy.

Swannie can lead the supporter group

Kingston hosts the Australian Antarctic Division which is apt, given Antarctica is one of the few locations North Melbourne has yet to seek a supplementary supporter base.

They should have a crack at Mosul.
Not sure, what sort of bikkie is a Mosul?

We're rumoured to be playing NM in Kingston Tasmania next preseason

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...h/news-story/ac3663b3a235f9cfb66eab9b2aa896af

Good for Tassie fans if it comes together.

Also, am I the only one who suspects they might send us to Kardinia Park again, to "celebrate" Ablett's first outing back in the hoops? They did a similar thing with Dangerfield in 2016, made it an "event" for Geelong to flog memberships and such. The local riff-raff aside, it's a good place to watch footy from...

I went to school at Kingston High! Both my head's learnt a lot in that wonderful part of the world.

Brodie Holland also grew up not too far from Kingo.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these Kingston jokes for nothing, rumour busted Melbourne have the gig and we instead play GWS in Canberra and WB in Moe

Happy to get another chance to watch the team up my way(ish).

Misfortune for the people of Kingston is a gain for the good people of Canberra, who get to see our blokes live on their deck for the first time since the Wizard Cup of 2002, when we played Sydney in Tony Lockett's return to the AFL...

Moe really is in the middle of nowhere

Really its not. Its a decent sized town off the main road through Gippsland, with a terrible reputation. Successive state governments have seen it as a social and economic basket case. The association with brown coal does it no favours either. Then again the Gippsland Power footy phenomenon is based there (I think). Anyway, I digress...

Stoked with this news. Will be flying down to Canberra to watch the Pies with my son and my old man who lives in Canberra and has over 60 years of Collingwood obsession under his belt.

Might have to organise a trip to Canberra for work. Will be hanging out for a fix by then.

Means I might have to prepare a game day thread that goes in detail about Kingston.

Should be fun.

Adding the fact that the word Kingston itself is part of two excellent horses: Kingston Town, Kingston Rule.

Be nice for the Tasmanians seeing a real team like us :)

"Kingston town can't win" and he did. Collingwood couldn't win the 2010 flag and we did.

Suits us.

Really its not. Its a decent sized town off the main road through Gippsland, with a terrible reputation. Successive state governments have seen it as a social and economic basket case. The association with brown coal does it no favours either. Then again the Gippsland Power footy phenomenon is based there (I think). Anyway, I digress...

The only thing I remember about Moe was it was the epicenter of that earthquake we had back in, 2012 I think.

That was the only cool and exciting thing to come out of Moe.

Moe really is in the middle of nowhere
50 minute drive east of melbourne right next to the highway.
was the single mother capital of gippsland.
morwell 10 mins further east was the brown coal capital and is now a ghostland and has taken alot of the riffraff from moe.
traralgon another 10 min east of morwell is the metropolis of gippsland and pretty much the biggest town/city east of melbourne.
bit of geography for your morning

Up the road in nearby Morwell, actually...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back