Training 2018 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

extremely dumb post

remember when murray newman got beaten by worsfold? he ran 8:13. it was november

Exactly. Talk to any senior coach from a local or representative side and it is only typically the ruckmen and a few Key Position "special cases" that would be accepted to run a sub-8 minute 2km trial upon returning to pre-season.

When you break it down, 1km in 4 minutes equals running 250m in a minute! It is absurb to think that an AFL club would be content with their returning players to only be able to run at that intensity.

Remind me, is 8:13 under 8 minutes?
i reckon you can get this one yourself, here's a hint: the answer's the same as "will you ever hear AFL fitness staff say "14 or more seconds better than the worst time on record, possibly faster than john worsfold in 2012, that's very acceptable" "

anyway i am acutely aware that i've become a caustic jerk on here lately so i'll stop

Without reading the entire forum, I don't suppose anyone knows what Francis ran?

Started well but then ran out of puff last 1.85 kms to finish in 23 mins....but down from 26 last year!....he’s on his way.

they built a replica mcg and a replica dome at tulla, why couldn't they make a replica tan track with botanical gardens type trees and jiggly yoga bums to chase?

yale2.jpg

Remind me, is 8:13 under 8 minutes?
Mate, 8mins is super super slow. I do around 8mins (probably just under) at my fittest and I am far from AFL standard fit. A lot of the decent runners at the EDFLUA run sub 7's and they're not elite athletes (on grass around Windy Hill - so good conditions).

For reference, check out some of these times for the Maribyrnong Parkrun. 8 people are sub 4 min kms for a 5km run!
http://www.parkrun.com.au/maribyrnong/results/latestresults/

Mate, 8mins is super super slow. I do around 8mins (probably just under) at my fittest and I am far from AFL standard fit. A lot of the decent runners at the EDFLUA run sub 7's and they're not elite athletes (on grass around Windy Hill - so good conditions).

For reference, check out some of these times for the Maribyrnong Parkrun. 8 people are sub 4 min kms for a 5km run!
http://www.parkrun.com.au/maribyrnong/results/latestresults/

Geez McGrath has aged quickly

74c887027f.png

I’m no expert but all of you fluffing over what’s acceptable/not acceptable times are failing to realise there is a hill in the 2km the guys run. If it was perfectly flat and inside I agree with setting acceptable times, but is just isn’t so stop bickering over what is a decent time or not.

Think everyone forgets how windy it can be near the airport - I was nearly knocked off my feet, the two times I visited this year
Played a bit of cricket in very windy conditions, the twit that captained the side at one point had me bowling with the wind coming at me instead of having it at my back (not what you want as a quick), definitely felt like I was being knocked backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a bit of cricket in very windy conditions, the twit that captained the side at one point had me bowling with the wind coming at me instead of having it at my back (not what you want as a quick), definitely felt like I was being knocked backwards.

I used to love bowling into the wind, the late swing it induced was awesome.

I used to love bowling into the wind, the late swing it induced was awesome.
I didn't mind it when it was light wind, but the wind on the day I was referring to was pretty strong.

Personally if I'd been skipper that day I'dve had one of our spin bowlers, bowl into the wind.

I've forgotten a lot since I haven't played in a while. I could swing a ball around a batsman's legs and get the ball to swing and seam in in the same ball at one point.

What's it been now, four days since a decent training update?

This ******* club!

It's going to be a very long few months.

Going on the regular updates at the Blitz it does seem to be a quieter start to this preseason but I've also read on the blitz that the club wanted less said about its preseason but I am not sure where that came from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back