Training 2018 - Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not be hyped about the prospect of seeing a full season of what Banfield and brayshaw did in a couple of games. What they can do for the team and who else we can unearth in our other recruits. If there is no hype or optimism for the season we may as well throw up a white flag. The facts are it’s the start of a new season and everyone starts off at 0-0 bring on round 1 and hopefully a year we can see growth and belief a flag is not too far off.
Spot on. We have many reasons to be optimistic. Matera, A Pearce and Wilson make for some pretty serious improvement from last season as well.

The big thing is that you can identify that the wheel has turned a bit in terms of our rebuild, where it feels like the club is not simply in "get the pieces in place" mode, but is changing gears into a more aggressive mindset.

The training reports have suggested this to some extent, and the same with some of the pre-season games.

At end of the year we will rebalance the excessive number of talls. I expect Sandi to go and then probably 1-2 of Strndika, Apeness, Jones to go. Bit rough on Jones but he is a mature age pick-up and a lot depends on Apeness. If Apeness gets on the park for a sustained period and shows a bit I expect him to stay on and will put pressure on the others. The high number of talls is prob some cover for Apeness and the expected loss of Sandi at the end of the year.

Sandilands future depends on form and fitness but also wins and losses. If Sandi has a decent season and we win more than 10 games I'd say Sandi goes around again. If Sandilands has a poor year and/or we finish bottom 4 the rebuild has a lot of work left to be done and Sandi will retire.

Spot on. We have many reasons to be optimistic. Matera, A Pearce and Wilson make for some pretty serious improvement from last season as well.

The big thing is that you can identify that the wheel has turned a bit in terms of our rebuild, where it feels like the club is not simply in "get the pieces in place" mode, but is changing gears into a more aggressive mindset.

The training reports have suggested this to some extent, and the same with some of the pre-season games.

A fully fit Fyfe has to make us atleast a 1 goal better team? Sandilands and Pearce aren't quite as influencial but are still valuable additions. Throw in another summer at the club for McCarthy, Kersten, Hamling and Hill, the summer form of Neale, Blakely, Brayshaw and Banfield, and the glass is definitely half full.

Sandilands future depends on form and fitness but also wins and losses. If Sandi has a decent season and we win more than 10 games I'd say Sandi goes around again. If Sandilands has a poor year and/or we finish bottom 4 the rebuild has a lot of work left to be done and Sandi will retire.

Sandi will play into his 40s

Do we know what the training schedule is this week? Is it usually a Thursday session for a Saturday game?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes. Today and Thursday are the training days this week. Next week will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back