Training 2018 - Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trading period that nets you two experienced best 22 players plus pick 2 is the stuff of dreams.
Yes, that’s what I was getting at.
Great trading last year.
It was the drafting that I didn’t rate.

yyou was inconsolable that we didn't select LDU or Fogarty as I recall.

He'll come around.
100 percent correct & i’m still hurting.
I hope I’m wrong & will freely admit to that if it seems the case.
Happy with Cerra, would have loved one of the two mentioned by Joao or even Stephenson

100 percent correct & i’m still hurting.
I hope I’m wrong & will freely admit to that if it seems the case.
Happy with Cerra, would have loved one of the two mentioned by Joao or even Stephenson
Stephenson was the one I wanted too. I wasn't really fussed who the other pick was if we took him.

I have fast come around on Andy and will be just as big on Cerra once he signs a new deal...

The boys came into the Aquatic Centre last night, done a very light run some stretching and jumped in the pool for about 15 minutes before leaving.

So absolutely nothing to report from a training point of view.

However, being the manager of the facility i obviously knew they were visiting so my kids came into work to meet the boys and i must say all of the boys were wonderful with the kids. Specific mention to Sonny who is always terrific, however Tommy Sheridan, Cam McCarthy and Griffin Logue were also paticularly impressive.

Tom Sheridan just seems like a ripping fella, would be a really enjoyable bloke to be around every day i think.

The boys came into the Aquatic Centre last night, done a very light run some stretching and jumped in the pool for about 15 minutes before leaving.

However, being the manager of the facility i obviously knew they were visiting so my kids came into work to meet the boys and i must say all of the boys were wonderful with the kids. Specific mention to Sonny who is always terrific, however Tommy Sheridan, Cam McCarthy and Griffin Logue were also paticularly impressive.

Tom Sheridan just seems like a ripping fella, would be a really enjoyable bloke to be around every day i think.
Plus he’s s**t at football so he would make everyone else feel good about their own abilities :p

#spiritualleader
#noworldbeater

I was keen on LDU, but he would have been a real go home factor. He was one relieved boy when he got through to North at 4. Then in his interview on SEN draft coverage immediately following his selection he made that fact clear and that he really wanted to stay in Melbourne.

I was keen on LDU but it came apparent in the days following the draft that he appears like a mummy’s boy like Balic and go home factor was going to be strong for him.

He is an amusing fellow when he has the mike. Sort of bloke the keep in the squad even if he isn't the most prolific because of the moral boost.

Go Tommy Gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I wasn't to happy either as I thought UDL or Fogarty would be a better pick but I am pretty happy now after watching most of the training sessions and especially seeing him play in the scratch match last week .
I had my preferences too, but bought the club and media line that there wasn’t much between the top 7, and am fine with character being a decision making factor in that case (or in fact in any case). Bradshaw has vindicated this via training reports and attitude. He is exciting and a leader.

What's the likelihood of Friday's training being worth attending?

I figure there will be better days.

Not much, you can already count out the 20 at the AFLX.

Training will be very entertaining from next week I reckon, with the full group and final sessions before selection in the preseason comp.

What's the likelihood of Friday's training being worth attending?

I figure there will be better days.

I'll probably go for a little while at least. I'd assume there would still be half the group out there tomorrow.

Our drafting has been reasonable. It’s our trading that hasn’t been impressive.

Our first rounders have often been disappointing though. Of our last 15 first round picks only Stephen Hill is a win, with Logue and Weller looking promising.

Polak
Schammer
Murphy
Dunn
Drum
Palmer
Hill
Morabito
Simpson
Pitt
Sheridan
Crozier