Training 2018 - Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To all the training regular watchers who looks the most likely type/stand out of the new guys ?
Hard to say with Brayshaw and Cerra as they haven't done much with the main group (at least while I've been there).
Mitch Crowden is the one that has stood out for me. Really looking forward to seeing what he can bring.

To all the training regular watchers who looks the most likely type/stand out of the new guys ?
Too early - need to wait until next year. Brayshaw, Cerra and Crowden have all shown a bit already (but it's based on very little). Of the non-newbies - Sandi, Tucker and Hughes all look sensational to me. Sandi in particular is looking the best he ever has - I know people want Darcy but if you saw the big guy in person you'd be pretty excited about him in 2018 as well.

Expecting the usual suspects (Fyfe, Walters, Hills etc) to all step it up another notch early next year.

I went down to training today. Missed the beginning of training. Pretty much 70kms of strong crosswind all the way there and back.

It was the first time I’ve been down since we picked up the new recruits, so I’m not a regular watcher.
Brayshaw, Kersten, Hamling, Apeness, D. Pearce and Spurr were mostly doing laps so I can’t say much about that, except that Hamling struggled to keep up with Kersten.
The weather was atrocious, with a strong wind to make marking and kicking difficult but a couple stood out to me. Cerra looked very composed and delivered the ball well. He is a good size. I thought Grey was impressive with his attack at the ball and the man.
I didn’t see much of Crowden or the other youngsters doing much. Switkowski came off with a trainer in toe and his head down about half way through the session. Could have been nothing. It was good to see A. Pearce in full training. Some other watchers commented on his good kicking style.
Taberner came out towards the end but took no part in drills.

I went down to training today. Missed the beginning of training. Pretty much 70kms of strong crosswind all the way there and back.

It was the first time I’ve been down since we picked up the new recruits, so I’m not a regular watcher.
Brayshaw, Kersten, Hamling, Apeness, D. Pearce and Spurr were mostly doing laps so I can’t say much about that, except that Hamling struggled to keep up with Kersten.
The weather was atrocious, with a strong wind to make marking and kicking difficult but a couple stood out to me. Cerra looked very composed and delivered the ball well. He is a good size. I thought Grey was impressive with his attack at the ball and the man.
I didn’t see much of Crowden or the other youngsters doing much. Switkowski came off with a trainer in toe and his head down about half way through the session. Could have been nothing. It was good to see A. Pearce in full training. Some other watchers commented on his good kicking style.
Thanks for that.

I had the impression Cerra had some recovery to do it is great to hear he is doing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully A Pearce has improved his kicking in the layoff, from memory it was pretty ordinary before and his only real downside.

Hopefully A Pearce has improved his kicking in the layoff, from memory it was pretty ordinary before and his only real downside.

Kicking is underrated because of some poor shots on goal under pressure in his first handful of games. He isn't a bad kick.

Went down last week but didn't have much to report on.
One thing that popped back into my head was Taberner, he came out at the end of the session and did some light kicking.
He was shirtless and it was obvious that he'd been in the gym a lot, absolutely shredded.
Probably has Hughes beat for best physique. Hopefully he's back into drills soon after christmas break.

In a fairly even comp the clubs who get the most out of their academy players will be the ones getting ahead.
GWS has had a massive advantage by having Riverina kids (all but one they have drafted are from there AFAIK).
Looking forward to Carter next year by the sounds of it.

Anyone catch the replay yesterday of our first win by one point against the crows in 1998? Kickett, Chisholm as well as McGovern senior, Michael Brown but also cruciate corner with Paul Maher and Toia going down, Clem Michael playing when he probably shouldn't have. So much potential not realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back