2018 prospects and planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Oshea as Docherty cover?

Has scored 75-80 averages before

Will be pretty cheap in both formats. Cam Osheas a big bloke i think almost 190cm maybe taller. Hes ideally in this modern game a 3rd tall. I think he plays with his experience down back important for the blues.

He will almost be a lock in a defender position

a decent rebounding defender, so should rack up the possessions

great to hear he is getting a second chance. Well deserved!

I'm going to be the bubble burster. Mullett is more a rebounding defender that will fill Docherty's role. Alas not as cheap as O'Shea.

You can lock the 3 talls of Weitering, Jones and Marchbank, with Simpson a lock too. That leaves Byrne, Mullett, Wiliamson, Plowman to fight out the remaining 2 spots.

McCreadie and O'Shea would only come in if one of the big 3 gets injured.

Doodee, Scrimshaw, Murray, Mirra, Morrison, Morgan, Rice all seem to offer more opportunity + scoring potential for mine.

2018 Team Picker is open for those who have the Assistant Coach subscription. Salary Cap $12,600,000, highest priced player is Tom Mitchell @ $878K

2018 Team Picker is open for those who have the Assistant Coach subscription. Salary Cap $12,600,000, highest priced player is Tom Mitchell @ $878K
FANTASTIC. That will give me something to do for the next two months.
After picking my initial 30, there will probably be 4-5 left in my final squad. :p

I was wondering how close he would be to the million dollar mark knowing that we would get the increase in starting salary cap. That's a whole chunk of cash.

The resetting of prices / salary cap every year makes it tricky to draw lines of comparison to the previous season. Which I guess is both good and bad

The resetting of prices / salary cap every year makes it tricky to draw lines of comparison to the previous season. Which I guess is both good and bad
Yeah I agree, it's hard to get used to seeing guys with a 70 something average and being priced at 500K. After having a quick go at putting a side together, there doesn't seem to be any genuine must have starting forwards, and only really one or two defenders, especially now Docherty will be out for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I agree, it's hard to get used to seeing guys with a 70 something average and being priced at 500K. After having a quick go at putting a side together, there doesn't seem to be any genuine must have starting forwards, and only really one or two defenders, especially now Docherty will be out for the year.
Franklin, Barlow & Billings?

I did specifically post in the 2018 thread about those 3. Franklin is a key forward and always lets you down when you least need him to, Barlow is meh, another year older and coming back from a very severe leg injury, and Billings can GAGF !!!

Not sold on your analysis of Billings...

Thoughts on Prestia? Had a terrible start to the year but wasn't training and was carrying an injury. Averaged 105 from his last 7 games including finals. Averaged 100 twice at Gold Coast. Will be priced at 81, can see him going 95-105
At that price you will basically need to keep him for the whole year. He's way too expensive to be considered a cash cow that you could cash in and upgrade to a genuine premo, and it's very unlikely he will score well enough to warrant a midfield spot when the whips are cracking. As a Richmond supporter I think you need to question your motives on this one.

At that price you will basically need to keep him for the whole year. He's way too expensive to be considered a cash cow that you could cash in and upgrade to a genuine premo, and it's very unlikely he will score well enough to warrant a midfield spot when the whips are cracking. As a Richmond supporter I think you need to question your motives on this one.
If he's going to average 105 then buying at 81 is great, but I can't see him maintaining the rage across the season. The fridge is a much better choice. He'll get average around 80-90 and be priced at 60.

Jack Graham to average 90 ?? Don't think you'll find many people who agree with you there. But sure, pick him if you like.
Firstly, you've selectively quoted, I'd said 80-90.
Second, nobody thought Oliver was going to go 100+ in his second season.
Third, maybe you like to throw some players out there?

Firstly, you've selectively quoted, I'd said 80-90.
Second, nobody thought Oliver was going to go 100+ in his second season.
Third, maybe you like to throw some players out there?
It really is far too early to be speculating on certain players. Let's have these arguments early March after we've seen a bit of pre season action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back