Preview 2018 Qualifying Final 1 - Richmond v Hawthorn MCG Thursday 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been saying we’ve been in bad form but the Hawks have been in good form. Over the last 6 weeks, 6 wins each.

Richmond: StK (54 points), Coll (28 points), Geel (3 points), GC (74 points), Ess (8 points), Bull (3 points)

Hawthorn: Carl (72 points), Freo (59 points), Ess (4 points), Geel (11 points), StK (4 points), Syd (9 points)

Looks pretty much equal to me, but if anything we’re in slightly better form IMO. We’ve also had nothing to play for over the last 3 weeks, while they’ve had everything to play for.

People have been saying we’ve been in bad form but the Hawks have been in good form. Over the last 6 weeks, 6 wins each.

Richmond: StK (54 points), Coll (28 points), Geel (3 points), GC (74 points), Ess (8 points), Bull (3 points)

Hawthorn: Carl (72 points), Freo (59 points), Ess (4 points), Geel (11 points), StK (4 points), Syd (9 points)

Looks pretty much equal to me, but if anything we’re in slightly better form IMO. We’ve also had nothing to play for over the last 3 weeks, while they’ve had everything to play for.
Difference is, our wins have been described as such things like "Not convincing", "just going" etc, while the Hawks have been praised for their rebuild and how good they are playing.

IF we play our best and Hawthorn play their best.... we win.

Love it that we retained our midfielders , means we go into this game with our strongest midfield of the year i think..

That depth should allow us to send dusty forward more if necessary to negate that extra bit of height they have..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

our form over the last 6 weeks weeks has been good. if my memory is correct we had a handy lead over Geel, Ess and the bulldogs but allowed late goals to tighten up the scores at the end. plus 21 straight at the mcg. definitely should go in favourites but favourites still get beaten. will have to get our pressure up to the 200 level we achieved last finals series.

I look at the hawks backline...

Henderson, Frawley, Hardwick
Impey, Stratton, Sicily

Not a whole not of great kicks in there, Sicily obviously the stand out but hes coming off 6 weeks out so is bound to be a tad rusty. Impey is fast but questionable skills at times. Henderson good skills but slow. Stratton hardly gets it. Hardwick average speed and decent skills. Frawley crap footskills, good defender.

Compared to our named forward line....

Rioli Edwards Castagna
Riewoldt Martin Caddy

Rioli lighting quick and good skills. Edwards silky and evasive. Castagna elite pressure crap skills. Riewoldt coleman medalist, fantastic skills. Martin best player in the AFL, beast with speed. Caddy 44 goals, plays taller than he is, great mark and big body.

They have some dangerous forwards, so if our midfield holds up we should be able to lock it in our 50 for good portions and starve their guns a bit.

McEvoy, Mitchell, O'Meara, Sheils, Worpel, Morrison, Burgoyne, Smith
v
Nankervis, Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Lambert, Conca, Edwards, Graham, Higgins, McIntosh, Grigg, Caddy

We seem to have a fair bit more depth through the midfield which gives us great flexibility to plonk dusty and caddy forward where they can cause massive headaches.

Im cautiously optimistic about tonight having looked deeper into the teams. Clarkson will no doubt have a great plan to counter us, i just think if our pressure is at its best we will be able to lock it in our 50 an deny them clean ball movement forward.

GO TIGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back