2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To risky? Ive never been a fan of Birchall in SC and he is old and awkwardly priced. Obviously would be looking at moving him at or before the byes. Acres is risky but I think he is ready to explode.

Don't want to get caught out missing Raynor like McGrath last year but I know its a risk starting him. Screenshot_20180219-223142.jpg Screenshot_20180219-223147.jpg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't be starting with Clarke. Doubt he will be in rd1 or a regular this year

Wins his own ball,has clean hands and most of all his composure and decision making look above average,also has a high kick to handball ratio,you may be right bout not playing rd1 but i think he'll play 12-15 games

Wingard out for Billings or Mundy(still a beast at stoppages)
1513305800115.gif

Wins his own ball,has clean hands and most of all his composure and decision making look above average,also has a high kick to handball ratio,you may be right bout not playing rd1 but i think he'll play 12-15 games
I hope he shows enough ability to play 12-15 this year. That would mean he has pushed someone out of the side and the Saints are tracking well. Right now he has no way into our best 22 and I think he will find it hard to push in.

Swung a few changes to get my new studly ruckman in, Goodbye Nic Nat and welcome aboard big dopy looking Todd. The human wrecking ball Preuss does worry me but so does NicNatCrackafats fitness. My R2 spot is still up in the air with Nic Nat, Vardy, big Stefan, and Ryder all still in contention.

To free up the cash to get Goldy in i went M.Crouch > Bont and Yeo > L Mac, ive had L Mac in and out of the side all pre season but i reckon ill end up keeping him now and i expect big things out of him this year, with the left over cash i went Worpel up to Paddy Dow. I was tossing up between him, Brayshaw and Rayner but ive stuck with Paddy atm. Obviously this will no doubt change after the JLT but Dow really impressed me in the AFLX even though its only a mickey mouse competition he still showed his class and composure and looks set to play most of the games this year.

2018sc19.2.png

View attachment 461421 View attachment 461423

Been playing around with mid heavy team without sacrificing too much elsewhere. What are the negatives with this one?

Looks a bit similar to my team atm.

JOM knee is made of glass, he dominated last pre season too. At his price, when factoring in upgrading him, he needs to average around 90-95 just to be worth it. There's next to no upside here unless it suits your structure. Thurlow ain't making much cash. I'd one up one down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say having Simpson at R2 would be sacrificing a lot. I doubt he will even play. They have a big forward line I doubt they can carry a lumbering Simpson as well.

It depends on Lobb who has complicated groin injuries atm. He had them last season and he still has them 1 month before R1. GWS are optimistic but I think he's in trouble.

I would say having Simpson at R2 would be sacrificing a lot. I doubt he will even play. They have a big forward line I doubt they can carry a lumbering Simpson as well.
They have to have another ruck as they cant risk Lobb and his bad groin as solo ruck. If not Simpson, I can switch to Lycett or drop to a 5 premo mid +jager and get a ruck with point scoring history, although no one standing out at the moment for me.

Swung a few changes to get my new studly ruckman in, Goodbye Nic Nat and welcome aboard big dopy looking Todd. The human wrecking ball Preuss does worry me but so does NicNatCrackafats fitness. My R2 spot is still up in the air with Nic Nat, Vardy, big Stefan, and Ryder all still in contention.

To free up the cash to get Goldy in i went M.Crouch > Bont and Yeo > L Mac, ive had L Mac in and out of the side all pre season but i reckon ill end up keeping him now and i expect big things out of him this year, with the left over cash i went Worpel up to Paddy Dow. I was tossing up between him, Brayshaw and Rayner but ive stuck with Paddy atm. Obviously this will no doubt change after the JLT but Dow really impressed me in the AFLX even though its only a mickey mouse competition he still showed his class and composure and looks set to play most of the games this year.

View attachment 461426
Just need to find a dpp match for sicily and you are looking good!

Looks a bit similar to my team atm.

JOM knee is made of glass, he dominated last pre season too. At his price, when factoring in upgrading him, he needs to average around 90-95 just to be worth it. There's next to no upside here unless it suits your structure. Thurlow ain't making much cash. I'd one up one down.
I dont agree. Jager was struggling last pre season and initially he wasnt supposed to start until rd 4. He had a good batch of training and this pushed him to start early. The issues he had were not structural knee issues and pain in his knee was referred pain from another spot, which has since been sorted. The way he is going this year I see a 100 ave without a concern.

Just need to find a dpp match for sicily and you are looking good!
Cheers bruh yeah i had Ballenden a while ago but hes unlikely to play all year id imagine. Are there any other decent DPP def/fwds this year. Keefe is isnt he ? The problem is im very happy with my fwd rookies and theres a few like Fristch and Rioli who i cant even make room for so i dont want to get a player in just for the sake of opening up a dpp loophole.

Since making this post though i missed M.Crouch so i got him back in for bont, went Dow back to worpel to free up cash to get rid of Goldy to Ryder. * the round 10 bye at the worst ill cop a donut but fingers crossed my R3 will play that week (Cameron atm)

Im backing Ryder to be the highest scoring ruck this year so i can afford to cop one donut, will also save a trade as i probably would have traded him in after his bye. The way i look at it is that if Ryder outscores the 2nd best ruckman for the year by 100 then Its paid dividends due to the saved trade. Hes the most durable ruckman, He'll play number 1 ruck all year with port having no decent 2nd ruck and ports midfield with their off season additions and the likes of SPP getting better. I think alot of coaches worry too much about the round 10 bye.

Cheers bruh yeah i had Ballenden a while ago but hes unlikely to play all year id imagine. Are there any other decent DPP def/fwds this year. Keefe is isnt he ? The problem is im very happy with my fwd rookies and theres a few like Fristch and Rioli who i cant even make room for so i dont want to get a player in just for the sake of opening up a dpp loophole.

Since making this post though i missed M.Crouch so i got him back in for bont, went Dow back to worpel to free up cash to get rid of Goldy to Ryder. **** the round 10 bye at the worst ill cop a donut but fingers crossed my R3 will play that week (Cameron atm)

Im backing Ryder to be the highest scoring ruck this year so i can afford to cop one donut, will also save a trade as i probably would have traded him in after his bye. The way i look at it is that if Ryder outscores the 2nd best ruckman for the year by 100 then Its paid dividends due to the saved trade. Hes the most durable ruckman, He'll play number 1 ruck all year with port having no decent 2nd ruck and ports midfield with their off season additions and the likes of SPP getting better. I think alot of coaches worry too much about the round 10 bye.
Sounds like you are under control. What I have used the DPP fwd/back for in the past is for trading purposes. sometimes the trade you want doesnt match up to the week so its handy to trade a fwd out, move sicily fwd and bring in a defender, then do a switch back a week or two later when it suits. I have found this more valuable than just a switchable player week to week. Also means sicily could end up d6 or f6 or best case d7/f7.
We must get into a league together again this year as our matches were very close last year. I will PM a code it you are interested.

Sounds like you are under control. What I have used the DPP fwd/back for in the past is for trading purposes. sometimes the trade you want doesnt match up to the week so its handy to trade a fwd out, move sicily fwd and bring in a defender, then do a switch back a week or two later when it suits. I have found this more valuable than just a switchable player week to week. Also means sicily could end up d6 or f6 or best case d7/f7.
We must get into a league together again this year as our matches were very close last year. I will PM a code it you are interested.
Yeah mate ive done hundred of hours of work this pre season, its qite sad really haha i need a new hobby. Yeah i know what you mean the fwd/def dpp is very handy in a trading sense, yeah bro sounds good to me. Are you not in the tragics 2 or am i thinking of someone else?

Yeah mate ive done hundred of hours of work this pre season, its qite sad really haha i need a new hobby. Yeah i know what you mean the fwd/def dpp is very handy in a trading sense, yeah bro sounds good to me. Are you not in the tragics 2 or am i thinking of someone else?[/QUOTE
Must be someone else. We were in the same bigfooty league last year.

ahh yes thats what i was thinking of then, ill be dropping down a few leagues from div 8 last year after my pathetic overall ranking.

To risky? Ive never been a fan of Birchall in SC and he is old and awkwardly priced. Obviously would be looking at moving him at or before the byes. Acres is risky but I think he is ready to explode.

Don't want to get caught out missing Raynor like McGrath last year but I know its a risk starting him. View attachment 461396View attachment 461397

Hey Mate..

DEF: I like the Ellis selection, Laird is a lock for most.. Unsure about Pittard, he's been talked up so much but never really produced something that we've expected him too.. Birchall is a risk as he's had an interrupted preseason, Sam Murray over Mihocek.

MIDS: Very solid, but Hanners has missed a large chunk of the pre season, Parker a better choice if you want a Sydney mid.

RUCKS: Don't select Grundy if Cox lines up Round 1, he drops like 20 ppg when Cox plays.

FWD: Greene and Billings both have interrupted pre seasons, Greene with a broken toe that has kept him out for quite some time and Billings has just strained his hamstring.. Monitor both!.. really not sure Acres has that much improvement in him.. for 20k more you can get Petracca or Devon Smith, both moving into the midfield and both will see a bump in numbers that should translate to more SC points.

Structually sound team, just a couple of tweaks and you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back