Position 2018 RDT Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Any cheap defenders on the horizon? Love my bench coverage late in the year when I'm running tight on a handful of trades left.

Say they had a poor game last week or this week and fall in price during the byes so they're like 400-500k come R14-15?

Can't afford to have blokes like Coffield, Rice, Cole, Mirra etc on my pine come my finished team, would have one at D8 and that's it.
Houli will be cheap as once he bottoms out, may not return till after the bye though

Riewoldt up forward will be a massive bargain, 1 and 39 in his last 2, could be 400k

Houli will be cheap as once he bottoms out, may not return till after the bye though

Riewoldt up forward will be a massive bargain, 1 and 39 in his last 2, could be 400k
Unfortunately Petracca and the small forward version of Robbie Gray are headed for F6-7 lotto for me at the moment

Westhoff and Heeney are miles ahead of them two at the moment and I'll be bringing them in next week hopefully. McLean, Hogan and Devdog are the only forwards I own who are doing enough to be picked every week.

I thought Houli too, but R14 defenders I'm only looking at for R15 if I need to trade that week. Thought R13 types would be better to look at this week and next.

Any cheap defenders on the horizon? Love my bench coverage late in the year when I'm running tight on a handful of trades left.

Say they had a poor game last week or this week and fall in price during the byes so they're like 400-500k come R14-15?

Can't afford to have blokes like Coffield, Rice, Cole, Mirra etc on my pine come my finished team, would have one at D8 and that's it.

Logan Austin

Its a shame that Heron from Gold Coast didn't play well. 128k and would have been great over the byes
Mihocek is debuting today

Been playing well as a key forward in the VFL and is playing as a key forward today

Max cash generation made going him as a D8 sometime during the byes as he's a bargain basement 128k rookie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Hurn as a D6 ??
Yep, good bargain basement move, has bottomed out now

Heard he's averaging 21 kicks a game this year, massive. As long as West Coasts KPDs keep fit he'll continue to play prime ball mover down back.

Crisp may outscore him the rest of the year, but may only average out to be a point or two a week, the extra 80-90k in going Hurn could be more valuable in the long run for LTI trades or coverage trades.

Also running with Sicily at D6.

Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Lloyd, Brayshaw, Sicily (Savage, Mihocek)

Same backline, you've got way better coverage with Seedsman thou, I'm running with Smith and Rice with Coffield a DPP option in the middle.

Top 6 averaging defenders, got to be happy with that.

Same backline, you've got way better coverage with Seedsman thou, I'm running with Smith and Rice with Coffield a DPP option in the middle.

Top 6 averaging defenders, got to be happy with that.
Even better, Savage instead of Seedsman.

So who's the best 6th defender? Assuming Sicily plays FWD.

Top 5 are clearly:

Laird
Yeo
Lloyd
Brayshaw
Simpson
3 weeks ago I would have said Crisp, who was on fire, but I guess I broke him.

I don't think there is a clear answer, the next batch of players will all be in the ~90 average for a given period of time. Webster/Hurn/Hurley/Crisp :)huh:) would probably be the next 4 for me.

3 weeks ago I would have said Crisp, who was on fire, but I guess I broke him.

I don't think there is a clear answer, the next batch of players will all be in the ~90 average for a given period of time. Webster/Hurn/Hurley/Crisp :)huh:) would probably be the next 4 for me.
Traded Crisp in too. Can't let you take all the credit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back