Position 2018 RDT Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's only two weeks in, but I think it's interesting that half of the top ten forwards so far are talls - Franklin (no surprise), Westhoff, Lynch, Waite and Hogan - and Curnow and Dixon are at 12 and 13.

I always look for flanker/midfield types, apart from Buddy. Like I said it's only two weeks, but that's a lot of tall guys having good starts statistically
Go back a year or two when everyone was bringing in Waite after he scored consecutive 140's for like 6 or 7 weeks straight. It's a trap.

Go back a year or two when everyone was bringing in Waite after he scored consecutive 140's for like 6 or 7 weeks straight. It's a trap.

Oh yeah it happened back in the day with Westhoff too. I'm not about to recruit any of them lol. It's just that there's an awful lot of them this year, and I wonder if any of them might manage to stay up there.

I know it's only two weeks in, but I think it's interesting that half of the top ten forwards so far are talls - Franklin (no surprise), Westhoff, Lynch, Waite and Hogan - and Curnow and Dixon are at 12 and 13.

I always look for flanker/midfield types, apart from Buddy. Like I said it's only two weeks, but that's a lot of tall guys having good starts statistically

Loving it too :thumbsu:

Oh yeah it happened back in the day with Westhoff too. I'm not about to recruit any of them lol. It's just that there's an awful lot of them this year, and I wonder if any of them might manage to stay up there.
Westhoff plays a roaming tall game though, he along with Buddy are the only ones who average over 90 imo.

I'm definitely looking at the Hoff. Seen Riewoldt smash the points over the years, can see Westhoff doing similar.

Yeh whats the go with Westhofff port fans?

101 avearge pp100m in JLT

Then now round 1 and 2 backed up by big games.....srsly considering him, saves me cash compared to Gray too.

Yeh whats the go with Westhofff port fans?

101 avearge pp100m in JLT

Then now round 1 and 2 backed up by big games.....srsly considering him, saves me cash compared to Gray too.
Westhoff is more expensive than Robbie Gray for one, so he doesn't save you any cash. And my take on Westhoff, he gives a chop out in the ruck with Ryder going down, and has been spending time on the wing as well as floating both forward and down back. Very versatile and has certainly been finding the footy in the first 2 weeks. I'd be pretty confident that he will continue to punch out scores while Ryder is out, but that may drop off when he's back. I still think Gray is the better pick of the two.

I wouldn’t get too excited about Westhoff. I remember back in 2013 (I think) he was the single highest scoring player in the competition after 4 rounds, then averaged like high 70’s or something for the rest of the year.

Westhoff is a ‘flanker/midfield type’, he just happens to be a taller than average one. Spends more time on the wing or at half back than he does in the forward line these days.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t get too excited about Westhoff. I remember back in 2013 (I think) he was the single highest scoring player in the competition after 4 rounds, then averaged like high 70’s or something for the rest of the year.
I remember that i started with him for some reason and was stuck with the crap he put up for the rest of the year

I remember that!

I brought him in on the bubble, he banged out a couple of big hundreds, third game was shizen and I traded him and made a tidy ~$200k profit I think. 2 trades but a hell of a ride.

Lol I remember that too. One of the craziest things to happen in Dream Team

Lol I remember that too. One of the craziest things to happen in Dream Team

Can't remember what year it was but Jared Brennan would rival him on those stakes. Back in the Brissy days.

What are people doing with robbie gray?

Not wanting to sideways but I have a feeling hes going to crash..

Offload him now or keep and forget. And slip him to f4-6?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people doing with the 4th highest averaging forward in the game? I imagine they’re probably keeping him. :drunk:

I'm not doubting that but he may not be the 4th highest with his current role.

Quickly went from 90-120 to 60s.

I think he will average 70-80 if our mids stay fit and we keep winning.

Jack Crisp could be a good in 2 scores @ 100+, but that 147 does seem a bit anomalous, and skewing things a fair bit. I think i'll bring in the Seed and play it pretty safe, Simpson will round out the back back 6 sometime, he is yo-yoing a little too much for my liking at the minute though

After I trade ZGL to Smith this week my fwd line will be:

McLean/Smith/Heeney/Taranto/Billings and 3 rookies in Ronke, Guelfi and Smith.

I have no idea which rookie to play in the last spot, and/or whether one of them gets the nod over the underperforming Taranto/Billings.

At the moment I am thinking to just play the one rookie, probably Smith. But Ronke has Carlton and could kick a few. Would appreciate any thoughts.

After I trade ZGL to Smith this week my fwd line will be:

McLean/Smith/Heeney/Taranto/Billings and 3 rookies in Ronke, Guelfi and Smith.

I have no idea which rookie to play in the last spot, and/or whether one of them gets the nod over the underperforming Taranto/Billings.

At the moment I am thinking to just play the one rookie, probably Smith. But Ronke has Carlton and could kick a few. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Yeh Ronke (vs Carl) over Guelfi (vs Rich) would be the way I would lean over those two. Smith is interesting, we know his ceiling, but in two huge wins he's cashed in. Use your gut feel on those two, I would play the odds and bench Smith expecting a quieter game.

Yeh Ronke (vs Carl) over Guelfi (vs Rich) would be the way I would lean over those two. Smith is interesting, we know his ceiling, but in two huge wins he's cashed in. Use your gut feel on those two, I would play the odds and bench Smith expecting a quieter game.
Smith plays us, we are s**t

Menengola
Franklin
Westhoff

Thoughts??

I have.
Smith
McLean
Heeney
Walter's
Gray
Fritsch