Position 2018 RDT Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly not sure how this was ever in question
So you are paying a price of 86 to but Coniglio with an expected return of around 105 (let's say 106) - an increase of 20 points on your investment. 105 is still not enough for a keeper so you still require a trade to upgrade him.
I'm looking at Armitage who I expect to average around 85 yet I am only paying 56 for him - an increase of almost 30 points per game on my investment. Sure he is going to score me 20 points a game less than Coniglio but 20 points should only cost $138,200 yet Coniglio is going to cost me $205K more. I'm using that $205K elsewhere.

So you are paying a price of 86 to but Coniglio with an expected return of around 105 (let's say 106) - an increase of 20 points on your investment. 105 is still not enough for a keeper so you still require a trade to upgrade him.
I'm looking at Armitage who I expect to average around 85 yet I am only paying 56 for him - an increase of almost 30 points per game on my investment. Sure he is going to score me 20 points a game less than Coniglio but 20 points should only cost $138,200 yet Coniglio is going to cost me $205K more. I'm using that $205K elsewhere.
I think Coniglio is a solid chance to be a M8 keeper, or at worst, at a solid price that will enable me to upgrade to a premium for my final team. I listened to Richo speak about Armitage last night and while Armitage did look solid, Richon said he is going to be managed. I interpret that as shitty TOG and a frustrated dream teamer. The way I see it, I'm taking Cogs and saving a trade.

edit: didn't see happy-eagle's post so agree with him.

Coniglio is cheap but I am not sold. Basically, I am thinking who is better. M. Crouch/P. Cripps or S. Coniglio...... The other players that I could drop are Dusty or Kelly but with the savings I don't see where I would spend it in my team.

I guess it comes down to what I want to do with the extra $$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a really awkward price, with the lack of decent rookies however he has me semi-interested. If you could grab a semi-decent Rookie that average 60, you're saving another 200k for a loss of only 25points.

I'm locking Coniglio either way, Armitage will depend on what I need to downgrade to get Dow/LDU to him.

Currently.....M1-6

Titch, Danger, Kelly, Bont, Steven, Coniglio

Bont and Steven are the only 2 I'm switching in and out. 1-3 and 6 is what I had first up and I'm not changing that.

There are a lot of players with upside around that $650-$700k range. I'm prepared to forgive Steven for last season where it sounded like he wasn't 100%? Had him the year prior and served me very well - hates a tag at times though. Bont is looking more like a POD at the moment being in about 3% of teams.

I think Coniglio is a solid chance to be a M8 keeper, or at worst, at a solid price that will enable me to upgrade to a premium for my final team. I listened to Richo speak about Armitage last night and while Armitage did look solid, Richon said he is going to be managed. I interpret that as shitty TOG and a frustrated dream teamer. The way I see it, I'm taking Cogs and saving a trade.

edit: didn't see happy-eagle's post so agree with him.
Everyone's being managed at this time of year.

Full youth in the mids this year! No old campaigners for me.

Mitchell, Merrett, Adams, Kelly, MCrouch, Coniglio at the moment.

I want all these guys in but it means I need to cut a premo from fwds or backs, meaning one of those lines would only have 3 instead of 4. At the moment its looking like I'll be running 3 upfront as the fwd rooks are looking tasty.

I'm a bit hesitant about loading up so many premos in the mids as its normally the mid rookies who score the best.

Full youth in the mids this year! No old campaigners for me.

Mitchell, Merrett, Adams, Kelly, MCrouch, Coniglio at the moment.

I want all these guys in but it means I need to cut a premo from fwds or backs, meaning one of those lines would only have 3 instead of 4. At the moment its looking like I'll be running 3 upfront as the fwd rooks are looking tasty.

I'm a bit hesitant about loading up so many premos in the mids as its normally the mid rookies who score the best.

Can you name one tasty forward rookie? Note my tastes also include job security and likelihood to score well.

The only fwd rooks that look a chance to start round 1 are small forwards like Fritsch, Ryan and Rioli, all of whom will probably deliver sub 50s more often than not. I wouldn't want any of them on my field if I can help it.

Higgins we've seen little of and his early prospects appear shot, Ahern we haven't seen yet at all. Bonar didn't get a gig last night and Stephenson looked like a twig, can't see him getting early games and would not be worth the premium price tag anyway. Tiziani and Langdon are both likewise small forwards, with only slight prospects of getting named.

Venables is one that I would back to score well if he is named round 1, but his 13 in JLT1 is definitely not my idea of tasty.

Ollie Hanrahan is getting a gig for the Hawks tonight, in what is looking like a squad that is in the running for Round 1. Could be another option for us

Can you name one tasty forward rookie? Note my tastes also include job security and likelihood to score well.

The only fwd rooks that look a chance to start round 1 are small forwards like Fritsch, Ryan and Rioli, all of whom will probably deliver sub 50s more often than not. I wouldn't want any of them on my field if I can help it.

Higgins we've seen little of and his early prospects appear shot, Ahern we haven't seen yet at all. Bonar didn't get a gig last night and Stephenson looked like a twig, can't see him getting early games and would not be worth the premium price tag anyway. Tiziani and Langdon are both likewise small forwards, with only slight prospects of getting named.

Venables is one that I would back to score well if he is named round 1, but his 13 in JLT1 is definitely not my idea of tasty.
At the moment I have Venables, Rayner and Ryan on field. Not much to go on yet with most rookies (hence my use of the qualifier "looking"), but fwd rookies' job security seems better than other lines

Everyone's being managed at this time of year.
Okay, so even if every player is being managed, when Richo offers that Armitage is being managed I'm not interpreting that the same way as Hardwick saying Dusty is being managed. Going up in value is a fait accompli so a heap will still take him but I just know that one of my biggest DT pet hates is reduced TOG and managing players, particularly in a team not bereft of inside mids.

Okay, so even if every player is being managed, when Richo offers that Armitage is being managed I'm not interpreting that the same way as Hardwick saying Dusty is being managed. Going up in value is a fait accompli so a heap will still take him but I just know that one of my biggest DT pet hates is reduced TOG and managing players, particularly in a team not bereft of inside mids.
Heeney has been “managed” for the past 3 months yet he is in half of teams.

There is managed and managed.

Heeney is being managed to be 100% for the start of the season.

I can’t comment on Armitage, but I get the feeling he is going to be managed this season. Through the entirety of the season.

So for me, a small difference.

I think we're getting into semantics now. My point is Richo came out and said he'll be managed and couple that with stronger IM depth at St Kilda, I read affected TOG, which I find frustrating. Until Horse says that same about Heeney, I'm keeping him because if anything, he'll see increased midfield time and I don't interpret his managed as to get through games and the season proper. He's also a forward with lesser upper value, compared with the range of value offered in mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back