Player Sponsorship 2018 Richmond Board Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, think he would be a very interesting person.

Can confirm. Spent a fair amount of time talking with Bachar at Cocktail Nights, Sponsor BBQ that turned into breakfast and the season launch. A more kindhearted person you would not meet. Has this presence about hin when he speaks that just captivates you and makes you listen. A really nice guy

Can confirm. Spent a fair amount of time talking with Bachar at Cocktail Nights, Sponsor BBQ that turned into breakfast and the season launch. A more kindhearted person you would not meet. Has this presence about hin when he speaks that just captivates you and makes you listen. A really nice guy

I know why He ain’t coming, groc hit on him #canttakegrocanywhere

nank getting rehab, houli injured, prestia injured, cotch?

last year half the team was sick at the dinner which confirmed the virus theory for why St Kilda flogged us

Toby has very kindly messaged me tonight.

Worried.

Haere Ra

Toby has very kindly messaged me tonight.

Worried.

Haere Ra

It was bound to happen Kiwi. If he needs a couple of weeks off so be it. It’s all part of the long term plan. We need him in Aug and Sept more.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I firstly have to wipe the tears of laughter from my face, that was an awesome experience for an old bloke. Thanks especially to Sterge for making it happen.If anyone gets the opportunity to get there I really suggest it. Bloody good night.
Cheers Tig’s.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great way to start the night.
The night was run by Riewoldt and Rance. We had the start with Higgins, Astbury, Macintosh and Grimes put something in their mouth and trying to talk. If you get to watch it, you’ll find it hard to not cry whilst laughing.

I’m sorry that I had to leave early.
Had to be in Albury by midnight.

Kamdyn is a great bloke we had a good chat about his interest in table making and the ones he has made for people at the club and him trying to buy a house to reno himself. He also spoke about the bond they have at the club now and how everyone of them trusts their team mates 100% and their fitness compared to other clubs knowing that they can run games out better than anyone else. He also mentioned some slight tweaks to the game plan this season compared to the last. With Cotch missing McIntosh had all of Cotch's sponsors to look after as well and he did a great job with them as well.

Overall was a great night I hope capnblood and shaky enjoyed the night, it's great to get a real insight into the players and talk to them like normal people.

Kamdyn is a great bloke we had a good chat about his interest in table making and the ones he has made for people at the club and him trying to buy a house to reno himself. He also spoke about the bond they have at the club now and how everyone of them trusts their team mates 100% and their fitness compared to other clubs knowing that they can run games out better than anyone else. He also mentioned some slight tweaks to the game plan this season compared to the last. With Cotch missing McIntosh had all of Cotch's sponsors to look after as well and he did a great job with them as well.

Overall was a great night I hope capnblood and shaky enjoyed the night, it's great to get a real insight into the players and talk to them like normal people.

Was Melissa Maher on your table? She also sponsors Kamdyn and is a great friend of mine.

Haere Ra

Was Melissa Maher on your table? She also sponsors Kamdyn and is a great friend of mine.

Haere Ra

There were 2 others a younger girl and an older lady didn't catch either name sorry, the older one said she also sponsored Jack Graham

Haere Ra

Didn’t realise that Val now sponsored jack Graham. Such a lovely lady and she remembered me from 20 years ago.

Didn’t realise that Val now sponsored jack Graham. Such a lovely lady and she remembered me from 20 years ago.
I had the best night last year and I had the best conversation sitting next to Val!
I have been meaning to email and get in touch with her post flag to congratulate her.

Thanks for the opportunity to go, I had a great time. Glad I could step in for Michaels not sure if I did a good job at being him for the night though, I bet he would have been able to work the room much better than me.
I had Dion and our boy Connor on our table. Connor is a quiet but pleasant young man and I’m not the best at getting conversations going so didn’t get much out of him.
Dion was good. Talked a bit about being lucky come to the club and end up winning a Premiership etc.
I became a bit of a fan boy after that getting signatures on my set of Premiership player cards. Nearly got the complete set!!
The boys were pretty good about signing things and got to have a chat with a few of them.
Daniel was good. Says he is probably a week or so away from returning through the magoos and aiming to be back in the side for the dream time match.
Broady was also really nice and got to have general chat with him.
A few ducked off as soon as the got the chance (most notably Dusty) but quite a few hung around chatting and signing things after the official part of the event finished.

Was fortunate enough to attend the player-sponsor tour of Punt Road last night which was hosted by Kane Lambert and Jayden Short.

Started off by gathering everyone in the auditorium where it was a packed house - literally more player sponsors than there were seats so a few people had to stand. This was also highlighted in a quick presentation where it was revealed player sponsorship numbers had increased from 155 in 2017 to 224 (probably reflective of the massive growth in membership numbers this year). 7 players (Cotch, Graham, Tross, Lambo, Dusty, Riewoldt and Rioli all were completely sold out). They then played a highlights reel of the season so far before introducing our guides in Lambert and Short.
upload_2018-7-17_9-52-50.png

Group was split into 2 with 1 group going on a tour with Short and Lambert while the others got a photo with the premiership cup. We then swapped over halfway through so everyone got the tour and a chance for a photo. Anyway, here's a few pics I managed to snap.

upload_2018-7-17_9-53-58.png
Awesome LED light hanging at the back of the auditorium (need one for my pad). :p

upload_2018-7-17_9-57-21.png
One side of the auditorium has this awesome photo covering it. Was great to hear Short and Lambert talk about how much it meant to all the players - even the VFL guys to share in that moment. They said it was pretty special to come into meetings and the like and get to see this as a constant reminder.

upload_2018-7-17_9-59-7.png
Other wall has the list of Francis Bourke award winners. What surprised me is when Short mentioned that if there is one award you hope to win while at the club, it's the Francis Bourke award (reading between the lines, seems like it means a similar or even more desirable level of achievement than a Jack Dyer medal - perhaps as it's voted and decided on by your peers?). Really impressed me with how much reverence they hold this award in.

upload_2018-7-17_10-3-30.png
During the tour, they showed us the player sponsor wall which lists all the sponsors for every player. I managed to snap this pic (sorry for the quality, was in a narrow space and there was a bottleneck of people trying to take photos/pass through into the gym area). If you look closely, you can make out our name under Menadue and McIntosh's names (think Houli was on the other side of the board).
upload_2018-7-17_10-10-47.png

upload_2018-7-17_10-12-21.png
upload_2018-7-17_10-13-26.png

upload_2018-7-17_10-12-45.png
A few pics of the gym area. There is a white line near the entrance that represents once you cross it, you fully focus on your workout - similar to crossing the white line in footy when running out onto the field. In the last pic, the gent on the right I recognised was one of the fellas who was part of the Focus on Footy coup at the end of the 2016 season. Even though you could say the coup (thankfully) failed, it was still good to see him being a part of the club (as I'm sure other members of the Focus on Footy group are). At the end of the day, we are all different and may have different views and opinions on how the club we love should be run but the one thing we have in common is a desire to see the club do well. I guess I'm just impressed with how the club seemingly has worked wonders bringing fans and supporters back into the fold after many years of infighting and disenfranchisement.

We saw the change rooms and spa/ice bath facilities but weren't able to take photos in that area nor in the corridors leading to it due to sensitive information being visible (basically, you walk past offices with medical/injury notes, coaching offices - think one of them was pointed out to be Ivan's).

Reception area has this wonderful display of the premiership teams - last year's cabinet was empty as the cup was upstairs for photos. There is also an empty space above them to symbolise the club chasing it's next premiership (2018 footy gods willing ;)).

upload_2018-7-17_9-49-46.png

Highlight of the night was holding the beautiful cup (sorry, can't upload a photo in this post as apparently I can't add any more - I'll chuck another pic up after this post).

Was fortunate enough to attend the player-sponsor tour of Punt Road last night which was hosted by Kane Lambert and Jayden Short.

Started off by gathering everyone in the auditorium where it was a packed house - literally more player sponsors than there were seats so a few people had to stand. This was also highlighted in a quick presentation where it was revealed player sponsorship numbers had increased from 155 in 2017 to 224 (probably reflective of the massive growth in membership numbers this year). 7 players (Cotch, Graham, Tross, Lambo, Dusty, Riewoldt and Rioli all were completely sold out). They then played a highlights reel of the season so far before introducing our guides in Lambert and Short.
View attachment 528653

Group was split into 2 with 1 group going on a tour with Short and Lambert while the others got a photo with the premiership cup. We then swapped over halfway through so everyone got the tour and a chance for a photo. Anyway, here's a few pics I managed to snap.

View attachment 528659
Awesome LED light hanging at the back of the auditorium (need one for my pad). :p

View attachment 528660
One side of the auditorium has this awesome photo covering it. Was great to hear Short and Lambert talk about how much it meant to all the players - even the VFL guys to share in that moment. They said it was pretty special to come into meetings and the like and get to see this as a constant reminder.

View attachment 528661
Other wall has the list of Francis Bourke award winners. What surprised me is when Short mentioned that if there is one award you hope to win while at the club, it's the Francis Bourke award (reading between the lines, seems like it means a similar or even more desirable level of achievement than a Jack Dyer medal - perhaps as it's voted and decided on by your peers?). Really impressed me with how much reverence they hold this award in.

View attachment 528662
During the tour, they showed us the player sponsor wall which lists all the sponsors for every player. I managed to snap this pic (sorry for the quality, was in a narrow space and there was a bottleneck of people trying to take photos/pass through into the gym area). If you look closely, you can make out our name under Menadue and McIntosh's names (think Houli was on the other side of the board).
View attachment 528665

View attachment 528667
View attachment 528669

View attachment 528668
A few pics of the gym area. There is a white line near the entrance that represents once you cross it, you fully focus on your workout - similar to crossing the white line in footy when running out onto the field. In the last pic, the gent on the right I recognised was one of the fellas who was part of the Focus on Footy coup at the end of the 2016 season. Even though you could say the coup (thankfully) failed, it was still good to see him being a part of the club (as I'm sure other members of the Focus on Footy group are). At the end of the day, we are all different and may have different views and opinions on how the club we love should be run but the one thing we have in common is a desire to see the club do well. I guess I'm just impressed with how the club seemingly has worked wonders bringing fans and supporters back into the fold after many years of infighting and disenfranchisement.

We saw the change rooms and spa/ice bath facilities but weren't able to take photos in that area nor in the corridors leading to it due to sensitive information being visible (basically, you walk past offices with medical/injury notes, coaching offices - think one of them was pointed out to be Ivan's).

Reception area has this wonderful display of the premiership teams - last year's cabinet was empty as the cup was upstairs for photos. There is also an empty space above them to symbolise the club chasing it's next premiership (2018 footy gods willing ;)).

View attachment 528652

Highlight of the night was holding the beautiful cup (sorry, can't upload a photo in this post as apparently I can't add any more - I'll chuck another pic up after this post).

Brilliant Stuff thanks for that mate, were there other players there or just Lambo and Short?

Part 2 of the above. :D

It's heavier than I expected but oddly felt weightless at the same time. Somehow felt cleansing too. Amazing to think of the symbolic power the cup holds. For so many who've seen the dark and lowest lows of the journey, I guess it felt like redemption to hold. As if the pain and suffering of many lean years, countless taunts from opposition supporters and the emotional scars we all carry culminated into this one amazing achievement. If you've read the brilliant book by Konrad Marshall Yellow and Black, you do get lots of insights into the people involved at the club that you might not otherwise think of. Holding it, I was thinking of how many people must have held the cup before me and you do appreciate how far reaching sport can be in the wider community and how many people contributed to this ultimate success. Just staggering to think how much happiness this one cup has brought to legions of people around the country and even overseas. Thinking of not just the players, staff, coaches but thousands of fans who've probably seen/held this cup before me, it kind of felt like a pilgrimage to a holy grail. To see the real thing with my own eyes and to hold it was truly special. Something I'll never forget.
upload_2018-7-17_10-25-40.png

Special thanks to Sterge for organising, was a great and memorable night. Definitely encourage everyone to get involved with the player sponsorships run by Bigfooty. It's great to be a part of and if you are lucky enough to attend an event, you'll come away with unique and great memories to enjoy.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back