Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem you might run into there is big Sandi's back

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sandi and his injury are the only things stopping him. Hard to get past both but if he does! You guys have a great replacement for an outgoing superstar. Recruiters should be pretty happy with themselves.

Will put Josh Begley up as a dark horse, I think he could be the one that jumps up before Langford, Laverde and a couple of others

Just because there's little else to do. I feel that clubs' best hopes for this win, are:

Adelaide:.........................Jordan Gallucci................Quality player that's likely to get opportunity this year.
Brisbane:.........................Cedric Cox......................Going against the grain here, but I like him
Carlton: ..........................Paddy Dow.....................Likely early start and going to be gun.
Collingwood: ...................Callum Brown..................I still think he's a little beauty.
Essendon: .......................Jordan Ridley
Fremantle: ......................Adam Cerra.....................Likely to slot straight in at round 1
Geelong: .........................Gryan Miers....................Feel he's a chance to start early against better-credentialed players.
Gold Coast: .....................Will Brodie......................Pretty straight-forward.
GWS: .............................Will Setterfield.................The player I may actually put money on..............along with Paddy Dow.
Hawthorn: ......................Harry Morrison.................Liked what I saw, although Lovell should be here.
Melbourne: .....................Charlie Spargo? ..............Weideman may still require time to develop.
North Melbourne: .............Davies-Uniacke...............For obvious reasons.
Port Adelaide: ..................Willem Drew?.................Liked him in his draft year.
Richmond: ......................Jack Higgins...................Quite easily.
St.Kilda: .........................Clark/Coffield..................Toss a coin. Both likely good to go come round 1
Sydney: ..........................Oliver Florent..................Gun, and has had time to settle in. A good chance,.
Western Bulldogs: ............Tim English.....................Beanpole that will take time, but he has 'it.' May well surprise.
West Coast: .....................Josh Rotham..................I know.......Venables, but I somehow trust Rotham more.

Just because there's little else to do. I feel that clubs' best hopes for this win, are:

Adelaide:.........................Jordan Gallucci................Quality player that's likely to get opportunity this year.
Brisbane:.........................Cedric Cox......................Going against the grain here, but I like him
Carlton: ..........................Paddy Dow.....................Likely early start and going to be gun.
Collingwood: ...................Callum Brown..................I still think he's a little beauty.
Fremantle: ......................Adam Cerra.....................Likely to slot straight in at round 1
Geelong: .........................Gryan Miers....................Feel he's a chance to start early against better-credentialed players.
Gold Coast: .....................Will Brodie......................Pretty straight-forward.
GWS: .............................Will Setterfield.................The player I may actually put money on..............along with Paddy Dow.
Hawthorn: ......................Harry Morrison.................Liked what I saw, although Lovell should be here.
Melbourne: .....................Charlie Spargo? ..............Weideman may still require time to develop.
Port Adelaide: ..................Willem Drew?.................Liked him in his draft year.
St.Kilda: .........................Clark/Coffield..................Toss a coin. Both likely good to go come round 1
Sydney: ..........................Oliver Florent..................Gun, and has had time to settle in. A good chance,.
Western Bulldogs: ............Tim English.....................Beanpole that will take time, but he has 'it.' May well surprise.
West Coast: .....................Josh Rotham..................I know.......Venables, but I somehow trust Rotham more.

I agree with nearly all of this but Sean Darcy slots above Cerra for me. Unlike the Brownlow they won't steal votes from each other being in the same team and being different positions they have the same chance of shining without competing. I've got money on Brodie and Setterfield as they were very generous odds at the time (setterfield at $34's was a steal) but Darcy was astounding in the games he played last year. Numbers better than an early Brodie Grundy. Has there been a rising star ruck? This bloke can do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cedric is a big talent but don't think he's ahead of Witherden or Rayner at present.

Ridley has injured himself so no chance for Essendon. Begley is probably our best bet.

I agree with nearly all of this but Sean Darcy slots above Cerra for me. Unlike the Brownlow they won't steal votes from each other being in the same team and being different positions they have the same chance of shining without competing. I've got money on Brodie and Setterfield as they were very generous odds at the time (setterfield at $34's was a steal) but Darcy was astounding in the games he played last year. Numbers better than an early Brodie Grundy. Has there been a rising star ruck? This bloke can do it.

Surely Darcy's chances are largely dependent on the health / fitness of Sandilands. If Sandilands is fit to play, he's going to get picked, and I can't see Freo picking both of them on a regular basis. Even if he does get a few games alongside Sandilands, he's not going to get much time in the ruck.

On semi-related news, Witherden has re-signed for another 2 years, hopefully puts him in a solid headspace for this season!

(In before people suggest he does a Scache and request a trade at the end of the season)

Yeah Witherdens to lose now. No excuses besides injury now. Another preseason, Hodge as mentor, and Lions further adapting to Fagans strategy speaking of which it was obvious we were going through Witherden a lot for a defensive 50 rebounds. Just shows the faith our club has in him. Already one of the AFLs best kicks I reckon.

I'll wait till I see some of the 2017 draft in the practice games before declaring Witherden a monty.

Easy to say with a known quantity.

He wasn't even in this discussion last year, players come out of nowhere.

Assuming an injury free season Witherden is almost a certainty

Almost a certainty? That's showing some serious confidence in a.............once in a generation player.

One individual will take out the award but what odds are we talking about here from your point of view? 1:1.02, almost certainty?

Almost a certainty? That's showing some serious confidence in a.............once in a generation player.

One individual will take out the award but what odds are we talking about here from your point of view? 1:1.02, almost certainty?

Sounds about right...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back