Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Petrucelle could be a chance if the Eagles decide to give him a shot early in the season

He has been good in training and in aflx showed a lot, will get some games this year.
Thinking about ten games would be a good benchmark for him.
Has some real talent can also kick the footy at extreme pace which many cant.

Seemed to do okay playing on Tex a couple of times. Also spent time on other forwards. But these days hardly anyone spends an entire game on a single opponent.

Not talking about how long players play on each other.
Generally Key talls play on key talls and burton isn't one of those, apart from the odd rarity when there is a lack of options down back.
There are a lot of mids taller than him at 191 cm and is probably the perfect midfielder/flanker height in today's football.
I think he will end up a midfielder and I will eat my own head if he ends up a key tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not talking about how long players play on each other.
Generally Key talls play on key talls and burton isn't one of those, apart from the odd rarity when there is a lack of options down back.
There are a lot of mids taller than him at 191 cm and is probably the perfect midfielder/flanker height in today's football.
I think he will end up a midfielder and I will eat my own head if he ends up a key tall.

I think the first thing people should do is not trust the heights players are listed as. They are only done publicly during the draft when many of the boys are still growing.

But yes, he will probably spend a lot of time in the middle. Clarko loves players who can play multiple roles.

I think the first thing people should do is not trust the heights players are listed as. They are only done publicly during the draft when many of the boys are still growing.

But yes, he will probably spend a lot of time in the middle. Clarko loves players who can play multiple roles.

You can visually just look at burton and see he is not KP size.
I think you will find most clubs update players heights and weight every year. I know my club does. Ben McKay who was in burtons draft was not 201cm and 95kg as a 17 year old that's for sure.

I think Witherden will be a step above Rayner this year. Yes, Rayner will do the flashy things, like you said but Witherden seems like a real solid player. Reliable at the top level. Rayner will be reliable in the contests he meets but not as reliable for the year as a whole.

When you talk about talented young players, you have to judge them on their consistency. Witherden will be consistent, I think.
Only problem with Witherden is that he would probably be tagged... with his elite left peg opposition would be stupid not to. Hodge will be spoon feeding Witherden easy touches all game. Also last year when he played it was obvious the Lions were trying to use him on the rebound at every available opportunity.

Only problem with Witherden is that he would probably be tagged... with his elite left peg opposition would be stupid not to. Hodge will be spoon feeding Witherden easy touches all game. Also last year when he played it was obvious the Lions were trying to use him on the rebound at every available opportunity.

Ummm, Witherden is right footed.

Yeah you're right I was thinking it a bit weird... Probably got confused with rich I guess. But still he will win the award easily unless injured or suspended of course.
Or if he doesn't hit the form he showed last season, or a player comes out and has a great year this year and is just better this season. Should be favourite for it but some people are really getting carried away.

stuff the complex criteria, id sharpen it up to make only one stipulation.

you are only eligible in your rookie year. i.e. the first year you were drafted.

You didn't play year one? stiff, missed the boat. You did a knee? stiff, missed your chance. You are 22 and drafted mature? good luck to you, you are now eligible.

Get rid of all these year one v year two arguments, players who played 5 games in year one then had more development time vs a kid fresh in always causes debate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stuff the complex criteria, id sharpen it up to make only one stipulation.

you are only eligible in your rookie year. i.e. the first year you were drafted.

You didn't play year one? stiff, missed the boat. You did a knee? stiff, missed your chance. You are 22 and drafted mature? good luck to you, you are now eligible.

Get rid of all these year one v year two arguments, players who played 5 games in year one then had more development time vs a kid fresh in always causes debate.
Yeah I like best first year player.

Or if he doesn't hit the form he showed last season, or a player comes out and has a great year this year and is just better this season. Should be favourite for it but some people are really getting carried away.
How much of his match footage did you watch? If he was in a top 8 team, even a top 10 team, he would be a heavier favourite.

How much of his match footage did you watch? If he was in a top 8 team, even a top 10 team, he would be a heavier favourite.
Plenty of it but what he did last year means nothing going to this year other than the fact we know he has the ability. Him being good last year does not help him with it this season and we have seen plenty of players struggle with second year blues. I agree he should be favourite but people are going way over the top if they think he just show up and win it.

Plenty of it but what he did last year means nothing going to this year other than the fact we know he has the ability. Him being good last year does not help him with it this season and we have seen plenty of players struggle with second year blues. I agree he should be favourite but people are going way over the top if they think he just show up and win it.
I agree but I do think people are just going off the facts we have even if they dont say that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back