Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
25 touches, 2 goals, 8 marks, 10 score involvements is amazingly good for a 19 year old no matter how much you try and downplay it. Imagine the wank fest if Rayner had done it
Eh, downplay??? Me calling Stephenson's game, a "good game" is downplaying it... FMD:drunk: How precious are these Collingwood fans?

If you want put the "for a 19 year old" spin on it, then I'd argue; when a 30 disposal, 11 mark, 6 rebound 50s and 1 goal assist game from a 19 year old half back is not even considered a good game by many people, then perhaps that says something about the standard of performance and expectation that player is setting through out the season.

Stephenson is averaging just one more score involvement per game than Witherden. Not bad from a 19 year old half back (who has kicked just 1 goal for the season) vs a 19 year old small forward (who has kicked 30 goals for the season)...

FYI Raynor had an 11 score involvements game (and 3 goals) v the Hawks... yesterdays 10 score involvements was Stephenson's career best. Raynor has already been there and done that champ;)

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Here we go. Another bloke judging a player after watching 1 game.

Maybe watch a couple more Lions games before throwing bullshit comments like that.
He's a fantastic kick, just had a bit of an off game. Stephenson has played a few shockers this year but no one says anything about that.

Didnt see a single second of last nights game, but sounds like he had a similar shocker. Witherdens game can be summed up as

- Sits in 30m pocket, accepts kick and marks
- Option a) Sideways kick back to clear Brisbane player on opposite side of ground, Option b) 60m grass burning bullet pass attempt that comes of 20% of the time
- After option a) Stay stationary, you may get it back again, after option b) Run back to square to get involved in pack situation so you are not one on one with a opponent

Rinse and repeat every week

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eh, downplay??? Me calling Stephenson's game, a "good game" is downplaying it... FMD:drunk: How precious are these Collingwood fans?

If you want put the "for a 19 year old" spin on it, then I'd argue; when a 30 disposal, 11 mark, 6 rebound 50s and 1 goal assist game from a 19 year old half back is not even considered a good game by many people, then perhaps that says something about the standard of performance and expectation that player is setting through out the season.

Stephenson is averaging just one more score involvement per game than Witherden not bad from a 19 year old half back (who has kicked just 1 goal for the season) vs a 19 year old small forward (who has kicked 30 goals for the season)...

FYI Raynor had an 11 score involvements (and 3 goals) v the Hawks... yesterdays 10 score involvements was Stephenson's career best. Raynor has already been there and done that champ;)
There was nothing wrong with me calling out a s**t statement, sorry it offended you I guess and you are entitled to your opinion.
I haven’t made a comment about Witherden, just because other people are saying he was bad with a 30 disposal game doesn’t mean I can’t call out a s**t comment about Stephenson’s game when I see one.
Yes I’m sure if I went to the Brisbane board there would have been one huge wank fest about that Rayner game.

Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didnt see a single second of last nights game, but sounds like he had a similar shocker. Witherdens game can be summed up as

- Option a) Sideways kick back to clear Brisbane player on opposite side of ground, Option b) 60m grass burning bullet pass attempt that comes of 20% of the time
- After option a) Stay stationary, you may get it back again, after option b) Run back to square to get involved in pack situation so you are not one on one with a opponent

My original point stands. You have no idea what you're on about. Literaly not a single one of your points is accurate of the way he plays.

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There was nothing wrong with me calling out a s**t statement, sorry it offended you I guess and you are entitled to your opinion.
I haven’t made a comment about Witherden, just because other people are saying he was bad with a 30 disposal game doesn’t mean I can’t call out a s**t comment about Stephenson’s game when I see one.
Yes I’m sure if I went to the Brisbane board there would have been one huge wank fest about that Rayner game.
Haha nice try :thumbsu: "Bad game". Guess out of the two who is missing in the AFL's match report for the best players in last nights game (hint: not Witherden;))

upload_2018-8-12_11-19-3.png

This is not me being disingenuous. Both of them had good games, but neither were amazingly good...

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha nice try :thumbsu: "Bad game". Guess out of the two who is missing in the AFL's match report for the best players in last nights game (hint: not Witherden;))

View attachment 541931

This is not me being disingenuous. Both of them had good games, but niether were amazingly good...
Nice try? You’re the one that said people were having a go at Witherden wtf
Stephenson might get a Brownlow vote for last nights game imo
3 votes - Adams
2. Votes - Crisp
1. Vote - ??? (Degoey or Stephenson)

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nice try? You’re the one that said people were having a go at Witherden wtf
Stephenson might get a Brownlow vote for last nights game imo
3 votes - Adams
2. Votes - Crisp
1. Vote - ??? (Degoey or Stephenson)
Haha now you are trying to put words in my mouth.

That "nice try" was an acknowledgement of you trying to have a subtle dig at Witherden by saying people think he had a bad game.

Personally, I'd have neither in the Brownlow votes.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha now you are trying to put words in my mouth.

That "nice try" was an acknowledgement of you trying to have a subtle dig at Witherden by saying people think he had a bad game.

Personally, I'd have neither in the Brownlow votes.
It really wasn’t a subtle dig, you said people were saying Witherden didn’t have a good game.... I have not given an opinion on his game. You don’t even know what you’re arguing about anymore.

I had Witherden as second for basically the entire season even when Doedee was the flavour of the month

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Serious question; have you ever seen him play?

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It really wasn’t a subtle dig, you said people were saying Witherden didn’t have a good game.... I have not given an opinion on his game. You don’t even know what you’re arguing about anymore.

I had Witherden as second for basically the entire season even when Doedee was the flavour of the month
All good, your mistake:thumbsu:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
WORPEDO to get the RS nod this week, second star performance for the year, unlucky not to get the nom a few weeks back, but he is a certainty this week or the AFL can go get f***d.

P.S. Stephenson has it in the bag.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Serious question; have you ever seen him play?

Yes, more then a few times because I literally bet on him for the Rising Star award before the season began.

The guy just has no impact. He is getting 23 touches a game because teams dont give a crap that he is getting it. Much better off stopping on Rich then Witherden who isnt damaging.

I think he would be best to move into the midfield. Guy has talent for sure but he isnt a backmans arsehole

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes, more then a few times because I literally bet on him for the Rising Star award before the season began.

The guy just has no impact. He is getting 23 touches a game because teams dont give a crap that he is getting it. Much better off stopping on Rich then Witherden who isnt damaging.

I think he would be best to move into the midfield. Guy has talent for sure but he isnt a backmans arsehole

So you’ve seen him play but you’re just an idiot. Ok.

He averages more score involvements than any West Coast defenders. He’s kind of like Hurn but better.

Not quite as good as Laird as a rebounding defender but he’s up there.

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Has pretty similar stats to your captain this year. I assume that's how your captain plays too. Granted Hurn has better disposal efficiency, but turnovers are similar, and Witherden has more distance gained and scoring involvements.

Hmmm Sier or Worpel this week,

Sier: 27 Disposals and 5 Tackles + kicked a goal.

Worpel: 23 Disposals and 8 Tackles + embarrassed Joel Selwood.

Very close imo but it has to go to the Worpedo, Embarrassing Joel Selwood > goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hmmm Sier or Worpel this week,

Sier: 27 Disposals and 5 Tackles + kicked a goal.

Worpel: 23 Disposals and 8 Tackles + embarrassed Joel Selwood.

Very close imo but it has to go to the Worpedo, Embarrassing Joel Selwood > goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They'll give it to Sier because he won't be eligible for a nomination next year unlike Worpel (unless we play a bunch of finals, then he won't be eligible either).

They'll give it to Sier because he won't be eligible for a nomination next year unlike Worpel (unless we play a bunch of finals, then he won't be eligible either).
Shouldn’t come in to it really, but you could well be right. Worpel should still have got the nod weeks ago. Was robbed with Higgins’ nom.

Back