2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol finally someone nails it. Been pissing myself laughing at all the Collingwood fans in this thread trying to make it seem like it’s an even race. If Gawn was Coca Cola, Grundy would be Pepsi

Pepsi Max >> Coca Cola

He’s in. Martin, Cotchin and Riewoldt would all be in the mix too.

Grimes should be in contention too but he never gets any credit. Rance just outside the team too. Hasn’t been his usual self this year. Still good though.
Gee, you people are full of s**t. Honestly.

One week, half the AA backline is Richmond. Now it's half the AA forwardline, despite the two best performed key forwards coming from clubs other than Richmond. Are you going to pick Riewoldt in a FP even though he is a key forward? Is that how you're going to fudge it?

WC are top of the ladder. But I'm not sitting here telling you that we have six players in AA form. I'd say there are 2-3, depending on how you determine positions.

But you seem to think that just because Richmond are the reigning premiers and in semi-decent form to begin 2018, half your team is elite. It's nonsense. You're not Geelong 2007.

One week, half the AA backline is Richmond. Now it's half the AA forwardline, despite the two best performed key forwards coming from clubs other than Richmond.

WC are top of the ladder. But I'm not sitting here telling you that we have six players in AA form. I'd say there are 2-3, depending on how you determine positions.

But you seem to think that just because Richmond are the reigning premiers and in semi-decent form to begin 2018, half your team is elite. It's nonsense. You're not Geelong 2007.

Gee, you like to insult people a lot.

I mean a lot.

Sorry Tiger fans but Alex Rance is not in All-Australian form this year. If anything the Richmond posters on here should be making a case for David Asbury who’s having a career best season.
No Richmond player is a walk-up start.

You can make the case for several and a few of them are good enough players that they'll probably nail down a spot by season's end. But the Richmond fans saying "this guy is a lock right now" are kidding themselves. None of your players are nailed on right now.

Darcy Gardiner is basically our next Joel Patfull minus a little bit of athleticism. He’s kept some of the games best forwards very quiet this year.

You can see why we’ve been playing Andrews, Gardiner and Eagles down back together the last couple of weeks.

Hodge has certainly had a big impact on them both as they have gone from promising to very good.

One week, half the AA backline is Richmond. Now it's half the AA forwardline, despite the two best performed key forwards coming from clubs other than Richmond. Are you going to pick Riewoldt in a FP even though he is a key forward? Is that how you're going to fudge it?

Nice melt. I said Riewoldt was in the mix, not in the team. Also, I only listed 2 forwards. Caddy’s in and Riewoldt’s just outside. But nah, I’ve got half the forwardline as Richmond players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Richmond player is a walk-up start.

You can make the case for several and a few of them are good enough players that they'll probably nail down a spot by season's end. But the Richmond fans saying "this guy is a lock right now" are kidding themselves. None of your players are nailed on right now.

Name a non-key position forward that’s better than Caddy right now? Breust is the only one in the mix and Caddy has him covered. Or were you planning on loading up the forward line with 5-6 talls?

That’s not enough to have him “nearly locked into the team”.

Definitely in the running though.

The amount of coaches votes has nothing to do with whether you’re locked in the team or not haha..

Robbie Tarrant is basically a lock at this stage and has 8 votes..

I can’t see how Jonas would miss at this stage. Andrews/Talia take one key spot, Tarrant/Rance take the other in the spine and Jonas is the 3rd medium/tall in the pocket with Stewart as the defender who can take a man and rebound. Then 2 rebounders in Laird and Hurn.

The only other guy’s at this stage that would be close are McGovern or Sicily but I think most who have seen Jonas play this year would have him as a lock. Barely any opposition supporters would know much about him and he’s not a big name so it’s a credit to him to see him in most sides constructed right now.

The only other guy’s at this stage that would be close are McGovern or Sicily but I think most who have seen Jonas play this year would have him as a lock. Barely any opposition supporters would know much about him and he’s not a big name so it’s a credit to him to see him in most sides constructed right now.

Oh, West Coast supporters know about Tom Jonas, don't worry about that...

The amount of coaches votes has nothing to do with whether you’re locked in the team or not haha..

Robbie Tarrant is basically a lock at this stage and has 8 votes..

I can’t see how Jonas would miss at this stage. Andrews/Talia take one key spot, Tarrant/Rance take the other in the spine and Jonas is the 3rd medium/tall in the pocket with Stewart as the defender who can take a man and rebound. Then 2 rebounders in Laird and Hurn.

He’s in my side.

I wouldn’t say he is a lock though.

Nice melt.
That's an insipid response to having your BS skewered.

I said Riewoldt was in the mix, not in the team.
What does that even mean? If he's not in the team, why are you talking about him?

Jack Riewoldt is a key forward, right? But he's indisputably behind Brown and Darling and perhaps behind Hogan. He's kicked only a couple more goals than Franklin from a handful more games.

Also, I only listed 2 forwards. Caddy’s in and Riewoldt’s just outside. But nah, I’ve got half the forwardline as Richmond players.
Where would you conceivably pick Martin? Most sides that include him that I've seen have him on a HFF. Is it inaccurate to describe Martin as a midfielder/forward? He certainly hasn't had a good enough season to warrant a spot on the ball.

So in your little fantasy, what would the AA forwardline look like?

CHF (Darling), FF (Brown), (FP) Breust plus three Richmond players?

Nice of you to squeeze in those other players.

Name a non-key position forward that’s better than Caddy right now? Breust is the only one in the mix and Caddy has him covered. Or were you planning on loading up the forward line with 5-6 talls?
I agree Caddy is in contention. But he is not a walk-up start. If you assume that Darling and Brown are CHF and FF respectively then there are various arguments for other players in the pockets and flanks. I'd suggest Robbie Gray warrants one of those spots at least as much as Caddy.

Caddy is also problematic because, as far as I can tell, he plays as a de facto undersized key forward. So is he competing with other key forwards? Or is he competing with genuine FPs and flankers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back