2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it that much different to Rance though? Astbury generally takes the best tall
Not quite, it's very matchup dependant because astubury will normally take the gorilla types and Rance the mobile types. Lots of teams don't have 2 talls worth astbury and Rance so often Rance will be the one left to zone off because astubury isn't as good at the role. Rance will take the mobile Franklin types every time though.

Pretty decent effort.

Not sure the old bull and young bull story was necessary lol
Well the whole thing was bull considering he thinks Dixon kicked 3 on Rance When he only got 1 for the match. That would be a stretch even for bigfooty Rance hate.

Though I support him being in the team lol

He's legit played 2 crap games this year againts Geelong or Saints.

Unless you're a fantasy football Nerd.

11th for AFLCA this year and AA half back last year.
He hasn't been Hot and Cold since 2016. Not far off from being a genuine A-Grader.

I looked his brownlow results and best players lists for his games - don't see him in there very frequently. He is a good player, one of the first picked for WCE but i don't see him in the top 10 midfielders in the comp.

I looked his brownlow results and best players lists for his games - don't see him in there very frequently. He is a good player, one of the first picked for WCE but i don't see him in the top 10 midfielders in the comp.
So you've gone from frustrating player who plays good one week, goes missing the next, to hes a good player but you don't see him in the top 10 midfielders, despite admitting you're basing this on looking at brownlow results and best players lists, not actually watching games.

:drunk:

Dude he made AA last season as a half back flanker and won a club champ. Players who have seen such a big gap between their best and worst don’t get AA or B&F’s as those awards are rewarded on performing consistently.

Brownlow votes are s**t way to measure a half back flanker as they don’t poll well.

No s**t Yeo ain’t a top 10 mid, he’s 12 games in as a full time mid but the scary thing is that he’s already being talked up for a potential AA mid this season.

Your views of him are 2 years old and it suggest you don’t watch much footy and just go off stats. Since the start of 2017, Yeo has won a B&F, AA(defenders) and is currently equal 8th in the AFLCA votes and is a potential for AA honours again.

No s**t Yeo ain’t a top 10 mid, he’s 12 games in as a full time mid but the scary thing is that he’s already being talked up for a potential AA mid this season.

I rate Yeo, but where is he being talked up as an AA mid?

S
I rate Yeo, but where is he being talked up as an AA mid?
seen him included in a few of the mid season AA articles. The funny thing is that they have plonked him on HB flank.

If he does make it this year, it’s probably on the bench.

S

seen him included in a few of the mid season AA articles. The funny thing is that they have plonked him on HB flank.

If he does make it this year, it’s probably on the bench.
Yeah ok. He has definatly been included as a HBF in a quite a few AA teams so far.

I thought you were saying he had been named as a starting mid in a few AA teams

Yeah ok. He has definatly been included as a HBF in a quite a few AA teams so far.

I think he's closer than some would like to admit. He's been improving almost every week. Up to 14th in contested possessions per game while also 12th in meters gained. 10th in total goal assists. It's an unusual combination for such a contested player.

He'd definitely be in contention for the 40 now, for the 22, he'll need to improve a little over second half, but he's not far off.

I think he's closer than some would like to admit. He's been improving almost every week. Up to 14th in contested possessions per game while also 12th in meters gained. 10th in total goal assists. It's an unusual combination for such a contested player.

He'd definitely be in contention for the 40 now, for the 22, he'll need to improve a little over second half, but he's not far off.
possibly. There are going to be some very unlucky midfielders this year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think a couple of them acknowledge him playing a in the middle but it’s back to the days of plonking a mid on either the backline or forwardline.

I see mason cox is rated a better key forward than Tom lynch (Ade) Dixon MacDonald Jenkins

Cox plays one game out of the box against an undersized defence and the footy world goes boogie.

What does Ollie Wines have to do to make it? Two more BOGS's? Top five in clearances, come seasons end? Port finish top four, Ollie leads the way?

Last edited:
What does Ollie Wines have to do to make it? Two more BOGS's? Top five in clearances, come seasons end? Port finish top four, Ollie leads the way?
He'd probably need to ask us to ignore the way he had maybe 6-7 weeks in a row of fairly plain vanilla footy. Started well then excellent the last cpl of weeks.

Those with short memories might pick him. Let him force his way into contention with good consistent footy. He doesnt require your cheerleading...he's a gun and may end up AA this year but there are only 7 maybe 8 spots and that becomes 5 with Fyfe and Tommy certainties if AA was picked right now.

Is he top 5 of the rest over the whole season so far ?
He'd be in the squad but not one of those 5 others to me.

Yes, another two more BOG's wouldnt hurt at all. :rolleyes: Nor would good consistent form :rolleyes:

He's legit played 2 crap games this year againts Geelong or Saints.

Unless you're a fantasy football Nerd.

11th for AFLCA this year and AA half back last year.
He hasn't been Hot and Cold since 2016. Not far off from being a genuine A-Grader.
He is clearly a genuine A grader and clearly in the best 22 players in the AFL. So versatile can play any position and is an absolute beast of a tackler. Who wouldn't have him in your All Australian team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back