2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Tom Stewart (GEE) - Alex Rance (RICH) - Jake Lloyd (SYD)
HB: Shannon Hurn (WCE) - Robbie Tarrant (NME) - James Sicily (HAW)
C: Andrew Gaff (WCE) - Tom Mitchell (HAW) - Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
HF: Shaun Higgins (NME) - Lance Franklin (SYD) - Robbie Gray (PORT)
F: Jack Riewoldt (RICH) - Ben Brown (NME) - Luke Bruest (HAW)
R: Max Gawn (MEL) - Nat Fyfe (FRE) - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
I: - Brodie Grundy (COLL) - Trent Cotchin (RICH) - Tom Jonas (PORT) - Scott Pendlebury (COLL)

I'll use any excuse to put Pendles in the team, but he's still playing excellent football. His domination on the weekend reminded me it's not just effortless consistency, he's also a match winner when needed. Bruest for Caddy is simple. Jonas is on the way out unfortunately for him, but he doesn't deserve to go yet. Fyfe's spot is up for grabs in the next few weeks. Clayton Oliver closest IMO.

B: Tom Stewart (GEE) - Alex Rance (RICH) - Jake Lloyd (SYD)
HB: Shannon Hurn (WCE) - Robbie Tarrant (NME) - James Sicily (HAW)
C: Andrew Gaff (WCE) - Tom Mitchell (HAW) - Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
HF: Shaun Higgins (NME) - Lance Franklin (SYD) - Dustin Martin (RICH)
F: Jack Riewoldt (RICH) - Ben Brown (NME) - Luke Bruest (HAW)
R: Max Gawn (MEL) - Nat Fyfe (FRE) - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
I: - Brodie Grundy (COLL) - Trent Cotchin (RICH) - Rory Laird (ADE) - Scott Pendlebury (COLL)

Didn't want to make too many changes this week. Sicily will be out next week, Fyfe probably the week after.

PDATED OFFICIAL BIGFOOTY ROLLING AA TEAM RD 3

Laird Rance Howard
Bonner Pearce Houston
Polec Martin Fyfe
J Gartlett Franklin J Cameron
Menzel B Brown Wingard

R: Martin T Mitchell

Westhoff Hogan T Kelly Wines

ummm lol wear the damn is ablet? B Brown... J Gartlett. Like srsly is this a troll thread?

Fair point. Cameron has missed too much footy

All those players have been excellent, by the way. But Cameron and mcDonald are handicapped by the amount of footy they've missed - I think McDonald has only played 11(?) games. Brown is in for sure, and Franklin too more than likely. So if they picked a third tall it would come down to Riewoldt, Hogan and Hawkins IMO if their form up to now was to continue. I wouldn't have a problem with either of the other two making it, for what it's worth, but I think for a guy who really cops a disproportionate amount of s**t, the big guy has really put himself in the mix.

Don't interpret this as me saying he's playing LIKE Wayne Carey (he's obviously not near that level), but he's playing a similar sort of role to what Carey did at times, creating a focal point not just in front of goal but further and further up the ground depending on the game situation.

Certainly interesting the injuries

Unless you play at least 18 games YOU SHOULDN'T MAKE IT

fiasco if it happens again

So out of the running for example
Scicily
Laird
Ryder
Jonas
Treleor
Sloane
Taylor
Beams
T McDonald

Simple exersize divide stats by 22
Doesn't matter if you played em or not

Certainly interesting the injuries

Unless you play at least 18 games YOU SHOULDN'T MAKE IT

fiasco if it happens again

So out of the running for example
Scicily
Laird
Ryder
Jonas
Treleor
Sloane
Taylor
Beams
T McDonald

Simple exersize divide stats by 22
Doesn't matter if you played em or not

Even simpler exercise - just go off totals lol

Surely Jack Steven is having a better season than Trent Cotchin in a much worse performing side and being tagged week in week out. Averaging more disposals/clearances/goals/metres gained.

Borderline but Cotchin would make my side over Steven. It isn't just about disposals for Cotchin it is about his influence and this influence has made the Tigers sit on top of the ladder.

Borderline but Cotchin would make my side over Steven. It isn't just about disposals for Cotchin it is about his influence and this influence has made the Tigers sit on top of the ladder.
Yea i do get that. Same could be said for Steven. Without him we would be winless! Easier to perform better in a winning side than one that's struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice trollin' buddy

Got his arse wiped by Grundy

How's he go against Goldstein?

Nic nat
Ryder
Bellchambers

No trolling mate
But rucking against who exactly

Roughhead

At least pick a game when he beats someone

He's in the discussion

Got his arse wiped by Grundy

How's he go against Goldstein?

Nic nat
Ryder
Bellchambers

No trolling mate
But rucking against who exactly

Roughhead

At least pick a game when he beats someone

He's in the discussion
Grundy probably just edged him. But neither did much that day.

v Ryder. 16 touches & 53 hitouts (won that battle)
v Bellchambers. 16 touches 2 goals & 43 hitouts (coaches gave him the 10 votes)
v Goldstein. 18 touches, 6 marks & 50 hitouts (once again the coaches gave him the full 10 votes)
Didn't get to play NikNat.

Would you care to try again champ?

Breust plays full forward these days

v Goldstein. 18 touches, 6 marks & 50 hitouts (once again the coaches gave him the full 10 votes)

Not really

Your Quite derogatory , no manners

Shame , might be a waste of a good education

Haven't had a crack and he should make it but

WHO KNOWS WHAT THOSE CLOWNS THINK

I don't know about the other games. But your point about the game against Essendon is definitely wrong, as Bellchambers wasn't even playing in that match … he was injured/rested.

So you might want to try again yourself. ;)

Dustin Martin and Alex Rance are Richmond's only locks. Martin not because I think he has the most damaging of years just his leading number of score involvements and creates opportunities for others. Rance because in the cliches he is huge for us, the way he reads the ball and spoils opposition players who have beat their man is unbelievable. Just is so important for our back line and structurally our most important player in my opinion.

From Richmond, Dylan Grimes I think should be ahead of our players including Riewoldt. Been our most consistent player throughout every game this year. Never gets beaten in our wins or losses.

Jack Riewoldt would be the fourth to lay a claim. Just his defensive, efforts and one percenters in the forward line are huge. He brings the ball to ground when he doesn't mark it and provides so much leadership. I love his passion for the game and our club.

Might make the 40 but don't bank on it:
Shane Edwards (I probably have him hear for sentimental value, been a great servant)
Kane Lambert (needs another year to grow his statue)
Trent Cotchin (had too many quiet games)
Nick Vlustuin (not yet for mine)
David Astbury (he is good but I am sure there has been a stronger key back man)

Dustin Martin and Alex Rance are Richmond's only locks.

Neither of those two players are locks. Rance is a good chance (even if it's on reputation alone), and Martin is a fair one after a slow start.

I couldn’t believe how much Martin butchered the ball on the weekend. He’s not having a good year. Calling him a lock is ridiculous although given the Richmond bias on previous selection panels, perhaps he is.

I couldn’t believe how much Martin butchered the ball on the weekend. He’s not having a good year. Calling him a lock is ridiculous although given the Richmond bias on previous selection panels, perhaps he is.

Yeah he was shocking against GWS. Did some nice things but butchered it all day.

He’s not having a 2017 season but he’s still had a season that would put him in the top few mids in the game.

if Dustin Martin makes the team it is on name and name only.

Rubbish. He’s had a great season.

Let’s say there are 12 mids (with 2 being HFF/mid) in the side, name that number that have been substantially better.

He’s had a better season than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back