2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize Tom Mitchell had missed 3 games.

Of course he is a lock in the team

Tom Mitchell is an amazingly consistent player.

To give you some context, he's has only had 3 games under 20 disposals in the past 3 seasons.

Jack Macrae has had 0.*

*except the game he was injured in the first quarter.

Matty Richardson might have made a little slip of the tounge regarding selection that their might only be one ruck in the final side. So one of Grundy or Gawn will miss out
They are potentially 2 of the best 5 players in the league this year. If they select only one so they can pick the 12th best midfielder it will be a disgrace.

Grundy is our only lock.

I am surprised people are putting in Pendlebury, he has had much better seasons in the past and missed out - e.g. 2015 and 2016 where he should have been picked. Pendlebury needs to be top 3 mids in the game to be considered by selectors, its not like a Selwood situation where he is captain just for turning up.

You can say it all you like and you'd be wrong.

If a young junior ruckman shows promise but is a complete clutz when it comes to marking he may not even be drafted.

Marking and rucking is intertwined.

I can't believe this needs explaining.

Explain Shaun Hampson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can say it all you like and you'd be wrong.

If a young junior ruckman shows promise but is a complete clutz when it comes to marking he may not even be drafted.

Marking and rucking is intertwined.

I can't believe this needs explaining.

So 4 time AA ruckman Aaron Sandilands should never have played football?

If the AA team follows previous formats they will name only one ruck. Since 2011 they've only once named two ruckmen and that was 2012 when the rucks they named played together in the same team.

Also because the two ruckmen kicked 52 goals between them meaning in a "real side" you could play both because when one was rucking, the other was a threat forward.

The issue with Gawn and Grundy if you were to pick a side to play a real match - given their capacity to ruck at an elite level for 85% of the game, you are going to pick both as you then get stuck with a liability for 85% game time for of them.

No doubt both of them could build other skillsets - but we don't see that because they don't need to.

Grundy is our only lock.

I am surprised people are putting in Pendlebury, he has had much better seasons in the past and missed out - e.g. 2015 and 2016 where he should have been picked. Pendlebury needs to be top 3 mids in the game to be considered by selectors, its not like a Selwood situation where he is captain just for turning up.

Yeah Pendles no chance he is held to higher standards then most.

Neither social media nor gaming was anywhere near as big as it is now. Fortnite is also on all available platforms.
I mean I don't want to go too far off topic but TF2 was also on 360/PS3. Totally different generations though.

So how about a Gawn v Grundy argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back