2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best seasons I've ever seen at the Pies from Grundy. Was high level ruckwork but what he has over Gawn is clearances, tackles and all round play, not to mention wins.
Gawn is the clear top dog at tap work and just ahead in marking but I thought he was miles behind in the other areas, not through poor play he just isn't as talented as Brodie in that respect.
Fully expect Gawn to get the gig but it will be wrong and just group think from Robbo types.
Either way he will definitely make the team so who cares.

lol. So are the coaches wrong too?

Grundy has had a great season but unfortunatly for him Gawn has been better.

Grundy has more clearances because his tap work is inferior to Gawn. Collingwood has one more win for the season so that is a bit of a bullshit argument too.

Enjoy watching Gawn get the AA nod a most likely win the AFLCA award next week too. I will look forward to you explaing why the coaches as well as almost all media personalities are wrong

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lol. So are the coaches wrong too?

Grundy has had a great season but unfortunatly for him Gawn has been better.

Grundy has more clearances because his tap work is inferior to Gawn. Collingwood has one more win for the season so that is a bit of a bullshit argument too.

Enjoy watching Gawn get the AA nod a most likely win the AFLCA award next week too. I will look forward to you explaing why the coaches as well as almost all media personalities are wrong

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
But but but Collingwood has more players taking votes away...

Starting to think Higgins and Brown are going to miss out and that Gaff and Polec are the only players North are going to make it.
Dat sneaky troll

FB: Short - Hurley - Wilson
HB: Laird - McGovern - Shaw
C: Macrae - Coniglio - Oliver
HF: Bruest - Franklin - Sidebottom
FF: Riewoldt - Hawkins - Gunston
Foll: Grundy - Mitchell - Crouch
Int: Cripps - Ross - Neale - Gawn

I wish people....

Jake Niall's All-Australian team
B: Rory Laird, Alex Rance, Ben Stratton
HB: Nick Vlastuin, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn
C: Andrew Gaff, Tom Mitchell, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Robbie Gray, Lance Franklin, Patrick Dangerfield
F: Luke Breust, Jack Riewoldt, Jack Gunston
Foll: Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver, Dustin Martin
Inter: Brodie Grundy, Patrick Cripps, Elliott Yeo, Jack Macrae
Captain: Patrick Dangerfield
Coach: Nathan Buckley

...would stop putting...

Wayne Carey's 2018 All Australian team
B: Rory Laird (Adelaide), Alex Rance (Richmond), Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
HB: Elliot Yeo (West Coast), Jeremy McGovern (West Coast), Tom Stewart (Geelong)
C: Steele Sidebottom (Collingwood), Patrick Cripps (Carlton), Andrew Gaff (West Coast)
HF: Dustin Martin (Richmond), Lance Franklin (Sydney), Jack Gunston(Hawthorn)
FF: Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond), Luke Breust(Hawthorn)
Fol: Max Gawn (Melbourne), Clayton Oliver (Melbourne), Tom Mitchell(Hawthorn)
Int: Brodie Grundy (Collingwood), Shaun Higgins (North Melbourne),Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong), Devon Smith (Essendon)

...Jeremy McGovern...

Slobbo Robinson’s 2018 All-Australian team
B: Rory Laird (ADE), Alex Rance (RIC), Tom Jonas (PTA)
HB: Lachie Whitfield (GWS), Jeremy McGovern (WCE), Shannon Hurn (WCE)
C: Jack Macrae (WB), Patrick Cripps (CAR), Andrew Gaff (WCE)
HF: Jack Gunston (HAW), Lance Franklin (SYD), Patrick Dangerfield (GEE)
F: Tom Hawkins (GEE), Jack Riewoldt (RIC), Luke Breust (HAW)
Fol: Max Gawn (MEL), Dustin Martin (RIC), Tom Mitchell (HAW)
IC: Brodie Grundy (COL), Clayton Oliver (MEL), Shaun Higgins (NM), Elliott Yeo (WCE)
Coach: Nathan Buckley (COLL)

...in their AA teams.

Top 5 in intercept possessions. Leader in contested marks. Not saying he deserves to be in the team but he’s now a victim of his own high standards. Certainly in the discussion for the squad of 40, wouldn’t complain if he made it, wouldn’t complain if he missed it
Fair point. Probably similar to Dangerfield, Rance and Martin suffering from similar expectations.

Sidebottom doesn't deserve to make the AA team. Has been pretty mediocre this year and is a flatftrack bully. His ball use has been pretty meh.

The player from the magpies who is severely underrated and should make AA if you want a midfielder is Tay Adams.

Never gets the credit he deserves.

Every other single Pies fan I`ve talked to agrees that Adams first half of the year was terrible. Sure, he`s been fantastic since Treloar went down, but it's too far gone for AA. Have to have a memory longer than a goldfish.

One of the best seasons I've ever seen at the Pies from Grundy. Was high level ruckwork but what he has over Gawn is clearances, tackles and all round play, not to mention wins.
Gawn is the clear top dog at tap work and just ahead in marking but I thought he was miles behind in the other areas, not through poor play he just isn't as talented as Brodie in that respect.
Fully expect Gawn to get the gig but it will be wrong and just group think from Robbo types.
Either way he will definitely make the team so who cares.

Nope, either one is deserved starting ruck, the other very unlucky. No group think choosing one over another.

However it's pretty clear bias when you say Grundy is MILES ahead of Gawn in clearances etc, but Gawn is JUST ahead in marking. 47 (with a game to play) v 29 contested marks. But you see it as a small margin?? If it was the other way around it would be Grundy is MILES ahead of Gawn.

(Sidenote: IF Demons win today, the Pies finish 1 win ahead of Melbourne. Not that it matters because it's still close for starting ruck but that's a close margin)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every other single Pies fan I`ve talked to agrees that Adams first half of the year was terrible. Sure, he`s been fantastic since Treloar went down, but it's too far gone for AA. Have to have a memory longer than a goldfish.
Yeah Adams first half of the year was poor, Pendles should be our only mid chance been better than Sidey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back