2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billings will 20 and 2 this year.
The first one is likely to be much closer to 25 and there is every chance he'll kick 40 if his accuracy improves (kicked 2.3 again on the weekend, but at least two of the 3 misses were pings from outside 50. Am sure he'd like his snap from the top of the goalsquare again though!).

The first one is likely to be much closer to 25 and there is every chance he'll kick 40 if his accuracy improves (kicked 2.3 again on the weekend, but at least two of the 3 misses were pings from outside 50. Am sure he'd like his snap from the top of the goalsquare again though!).

Billings and Gresham are both set to have excellent seasons. I think they are the two Saints players who will take a big leap forward this year. If not for his inaccuracy last season Gresham could’ve easily had 40+ goals.

As I said earlier, it's too early to judge long-term form, but no love for Jarrod Witts' performance in the wet last night?

25 disposals (15 contested), 34 hitouts, 7 clearances, 5 inside 50s, 5 tackles, 5 1%ers, 5 score involvements and 5 intercept possessions. Basically dictated the game from the ruck position in horrible conditions.

That's some ripping stats for a ruck

Breust kicking 4 goals doesnt get him a spot as a small forward?

4 goals. 4 tackles. 4 free kicks against.

You are mentioning the free kicks he gave away?

Doesn't that make his game worse?

B: James Sicily (HAW) - Dougal Howard (PORT) - Rory Laird (ADE)
HB: Lachie Whitfield (GWS) - Michael Hurley (ESS) - Kade Simpson (CARL)
C: Dyson Heppell (ESS) - Tom Mitchell (HAW) - Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
HF: Chad Wingard (POR) - Jeremy Cameron (GWS) - Blake Acres (St.K)
F: Daniel Menzel (GEE) - Lance Franklin (SYD) - Toby Greene (GWS)
R: Jarrod Witts (GC) - Joel Selwood (GEE) - Patrick Cripps (CAR)
I: Dustin Martin (RICH) - Justin Westhoff (PORT) - Max Gawn (MEL) - Luke Parker (SYD)

Hard to do without watching every game, but mine is 100% correct and everyone else is wrong.

I: Dustin Martin (RICH) - Justin Westhoff (PORT) - Max Gawn (MEL) - Luke Parker (SYD)

Hard to do without watching every game, but mine is 100% correct and everyone else is wrong.
I like that you've got the GOAT acres in there, but really if saints are gonna have a player in it is steven. He's truly brilliant when he's on song, and he was on song! fastest 0-20 going round

Yep Witts over Belly.

Goddard Heppell and Zaka were exceptional for us.
Witts got his pants pulled down in the first half by a dinosaur who can't jump.

On the contrary Bellchambers comprehensively beat the 3rd best ruckman of last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at some stats. JPK with 24 disposals, 9 clearances and a goal. Not a lot of love in here, did he not play as well as his stats suggest?

Midfield's the hardest spot to get a gig. Those numbers aren't amazing. I didn't watch that game though.

Clearance numbers were #2 in the round, I think. Didn't watch the game either, though.

Just for round 1. Acres was your best in a pretty average game IMO.

Steven was behind too many midfielders to get a gig.
Steven basically won the game for us and was comfortably our best for the day, IMO and I would say pretty much unanimously on our board on here.

We'd been largely asleep to a fair degree for the middle two quarters and Brisbane had kicked 6 of the last 8 goals, and Steven was the one who willed us back into the match and completely turned the game back in our favour- with firstly his attack on the ball in the middle, after they went a goal up, and then with his two goals over the next few mins late in the 3rd, to give us back the lead going into 3/4 time.

The game was slipping away from us, and he almost single-handedly put it back on our terms.

Finished with 34 disposals (@ 74%, 13 contested), 10 score-involvements, 10 marks, 2 goals, 2 score assists, 5 clearances, 536 metres-gained and the maximum 10 coaches votes.

Had his speed back and reminded us of what we were missing last year when he was playing injured.

Last edited:

How does James Sicily not get any votes in the Age this morning, but Sidebottom, Isacc Smith, Puopolo, and Stratton.

I am sure i am not the first to say the votes in the newspaper are a running joke.

Steven basically won the game for us and was comfortably our best for the day, IMO and I would say pretty much unanimously on our board on here.

We'd been largely asleep to a fair degree for the middle two quarters and Brisbane had kicked 6 of the last 8 goals, and Steven was the one who willed us back into the match and completely turned the game back in our favour- with firstly his attack on the ball in the middle, after they went a goal up, and then with his two goals over the next few mins late in the 3rd, to give us back the lead going into 3/4 time.

The game was slipping away from us, and he almost single-handedly put it back on our terms.

Finished with 34 disposals (@ 74%, 13 contested), 10 score-involvements, 10 marks, 2 goals, 2 score assists, 5 clearances and 536 metres-gained.

Had his speed back and reminded us of what we were missing last year when he was playing injured.

Fair enough, I'd probably need to remove Acres, but I thought he played the high half forward switch into the midfield role perfectly.

Steven wasn't in the 10 best midfielders of the round IMO.

Have updated the OP based on Rd 1 performances. Feel free to debate with Grug_ on who you would select.

Laird Rance Howard
Bonner Hurley Beams
Motlop Martin Zaharakis
Watts Franklin Wright
Menzel Cameron Curnow

Bellchambers Ablett Mitchell

Marshall Selwood Cripps Steven
Cripps starts in front of every midfielder you have named. Was in the contest all day v a player like martin who only got involved once the game was basically over in the last quarter.

Cripps starts in front of every midfielder you have named. Was in the contest all day v a player like martin who only got involved once the game was basically over in the last quarter.
Cripps was awesome. I'd have both he and Martin in the team. One of the reasons the game was over in the last quarter is because he played his best then. His don't argue goal set us alight.

laird Howard Simpson
Sicily Hartlett Bonner
Cripps Heppell Coniglio
Steven Franklin Martin
Young Cameron Curnow
Gawn Mitchell Zaharakis
Steven Acres Whitfield Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back