2018 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m keeping Henry on field over Garlett f*ck it. Last week Henry scored low because it didn’t go into our defence much and when it did Tom ‘The GOAT’ Stewart intercepted everything.

This week Port are going to f*ck us therefore more inside 50’s for Port meaning more intercept marks & possessions for Henry.

Hulk = Henry
Thor = Any forward rookie you campaigners field over Henry.
ED7B5886-8A92-4FFF-A239-681F3DAAE4C8.gif

Holman, LFog, Banfield or Coffield for M8.
Hmmmmm.

Banfield is consistent with those 60’s that’s for sure. Holman’s last game has messed with all of us now we have no idea what he’s going to do. Coffield only played the two but 60-80 in both games not bad at all will he keep it up. L Fog started a bit slow but has gotten much better fuaaaaaark.

Hope that helps :D

Banfield is consistent with those 60’s that’s for sure. Holman’s last game has messed with all of us now we have no idea what he’s going to do. Coffield only played the two but 60-80 in both games not bad at all will he keep it up. L Fog started a bit slow but has gotten much better fuaaaaaark.

Hope that helps :D
Sitting on the fence. How very Canberrian of you.

I feel kinda silly trading Venables to Coffield via swap with Garlett. Just seems silly to swap a rookie for a rookei and LOSE money?
Coffields scores do look good.
Group think pls clints
Did the same. Dead cash with 10 weeks out.
Wanted Coffield but could only do defence otherwise. This opens up Def/Mid swing for me and gives fwd cover with ZGL still out.

I feel kinda silly trading Venables to Coffield via swap with Garlett. Just seems silly to swap a rookie for a rookei and LOSE money?
Coffields scores do look good.
Group think pls clints
You could always wait a week on Venables and use him for a loop option, a 117/123k rook could make up the ground on Coffields price in one week.

Mirra seems shakiest with Burton, Brand and Burgoyne is also not far off returning, I think, but Hawks fans would know more.

Hawthorn fans couldn't answer with complete conviction at this stage but I would think he has a spot for a while despite the players you mentioned. Let me explain. Hawthorn started the season with 2 KPD's - Frawley and O'Brien with Rough and Schoe forward. Brand was a late in for Frawley in R2 as the incumbent. In Round 3, Schoe was out injured, Brand kept his spot and O'Brien went forward to replace Schoe. In Round 4, Mirra replaced Brand and O'brien stayed forward - where he looks far more natural and kicked 3 goals. As such, I think Mirra is now ahead of Brand in the 22. This also means that Burton should be able to come back in without any effect as he always played when Brand/O'Brien/etc were in.

Burgoyne's return will have no effect whatsoever as he will predominantly be a forward this season and Mirra will only be a defender.

Most importantly, however, is that Mirra was very impressive in his debut, shutting down Hogan after quarter time and offering a bit going the other way. He had 12 spoils, lost only 1 contest and had 18 touches the other way. Also helps that he is a massive club favourite. On top of that, he was best 22 as of Round 4 before the 6 week injuries to Poppy and Rioli. Whilst they obviously play completely different positions, guys from within the 22 (e.g Hardwick, Duryea, Burton) are just as likely to go forward to replace them as those outside, as there are no real like for like replacements on our list. Obviously if players from our backline go forward there is continued opportunity for Mirra to keep his spot. Clarko also doesn't like to change a winning team and Hawthorn enter an easier part of their draw now.

With all that in mind - barring injury or getting absolutely monstered by a bigger opponent (Waite?) a couple of weeks in a row, I think Mirra will be in the side for a while.

Disclaimer: I thought Cousins (who incidentally makes his return this week) would get a run of games last year and he was dropped after game 3.

Hawthorn fans couldn't answer with complete conviction at this stage but I would think he has a spot for a while despite the players you mentioned. Let me explain. Hawthorn started the season with 2 KPD's - Frawley and O'Brien with Rough and Schoe forward. Brand was a late in for Frawley in R2 as the incumbent. In Round 3, Schoe was out injured, Brand kept his spot and O'Brien went forward to replace Schoe. In Round 4, Mirra replaced Brand and O'brien stayed forward - where he looks far more natural and kicked 3 goals. As such, I think Mirra is now ahead of Brand in the 22. This also means that Burton should be able to come back in without any effect as he always played when Brand/O'Brien/etc were in.

Burgoyne's return will have no effect whatsoever as he will predominantly be a forward this season and Mirra will only be a defender.

Most importantly, however, is that Mirra was very impressive in his debut, shutting down Hogan after quarter time and offering a bit going the other way. He had 12 spoils, lost only 1 contest and had 18 touches the other way. Also helps that he is a massive club favourite. On top of that, he was best 22 as of Round 4 before the 6 week injuries to Poppy and Rioli. Whilst they obviously play completely different positions, guys from within the 22 (e.g Hardwick, Duryea, Burton) are just as likely to go forward to replace them as those outside, as there are no real like for like replacements on our list. Obviously if players from our backline go forward there is continued opportunity for Mirra to keep his spot. Clarko also doesn't like to change a winning team and Hawthorn enter an easier part of their draw now.

With all that in mind - barring injury or getting absolutely monstered by a bigger opponent (Waite?) a couple of weeks in a row, I think Mirra will be in the side for a while.

Disclaimer: I thought Cousins (who incidentally makes his return this week) would get a run of games last year and he was dropped after game 3.

I still have nightmares over picking Cousins. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent post, mate, cheers :thumbsu:

How did Mirra look today overall? I only got to see the first quarter before heading out

Keeping his spot?
same as last week really. looked out of his depth early when the pressure was on but got better.

who knows what they do after a performance like that but i think Burton, O'Brien and Frawley would be under more pressure than him

How did Mirra look today overall? I only got to see the first quarter before heading out

Keeping his spot?
I thought he played reasonably well, at the very least you get a bloke who will be giving his all while he's in. I'm keeping him a little longer.

Coff score seem kinda low hes getting 18 touches a game pretty good numbers for a rookie,even tho his SC score wasn't that good.
Forward rookies suck dirty dogs balls.
same thing happened to Coff in JLT. he got enough of it and kicked it plenty but still scored like s**t.

Coff score seem kinda low hes getting 18 touches a game pretty good numbers for a rookie,even tho his SC score wasn't that good.
Forward rookies suck dirty dogs balls.
I think his low scores can be attributed to a lack of contested possessions and low tackle numbers. Champion Data love a good contested possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back