2018 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see many people bringing this guy in at all at this stage of the season but still want to mention it.

Don’t be surprised if Ryan Abbott makes his debut for the Cats this week. He’s either a $117K or $123K RUC.

Scott hinted that Taylor has pulled up sore for us as well as hinting that Abbott could be an option.

So if Taylor’s out I’d expect us to bring Abbott in, and have him split the Ruck/Forward time with Stanley.
I hope he doesn't get a game this year. Would be a nice juicy rookie for the start of next year.

I’m downgrading for cash cover for either injuries or luxury finals upgrades (have full team, and 5 trades).

Who should I trade for Higgins and Guelfi? Job security for injury disaster is my concern

Sier or Narkle? I’m guessing Narkle has better security. Does Will Powell have job security? He is DPP so can at least float...

Doing this gives me 400k and 3 trades. Is it better to trade just one and have 200k and 4 trades plus a rookie with security?

Decisions decisions

I’m downgrading for cash cover for either injuries or luxury finals upgrades (have full team, and 5 trades).

Who should I trade for Higgins and Guelfi? Job security for injury disaster is my concern

Sier or Narkle? I’m guessing Narkle has better security. Does Will Powell have job security? He is DPP so can at least float...

Doing this gives me 400k and 3 trades. Is it better to trade just one and have 200k and 4 trades plus a rookie with security?

Decisions decisions
FWIW I'm going Sier, not exactly sure why :drunk:

Decisions decisions
Think the club would be happy with wil Powell but he is an 18 year old who weighed 68kh when he. Arrived and Is pron 73kg wringing wet
Can’t see him playing out the year

I hope he doesn't get a game this year. Would be a nice juicy rookie for the start of next year.
I'm hoping for the same with Constable

Kid was a ball magnet in JLT

Don't want another Bonner situation where you have to pay a premium once they're fantasy relevant and playing every week, would've held Bonner longer had he been 123k like the rest of them, instead he hit peak price just about after 4-5 games

Don't want another Bonner situation where you have to pay a premium once they're fantasy relevant and playing every week, would've held Bonner longer had he been 123k like the rest of them, instead he hit peak price just about after 4-5 games

Constable shouldn’t debut this year now. We’ve already got midfielders having to play more wing/half Forward roles because they can’t fit in the centre. So if any injuries occurred they would simply go in.

Plus if we needed a midfielder to come in due to injuries we would likely bring in Horlin-Smith first as he has more experience on his side, and while Constable got 31 touches in the VFL on the weekend, Horlin-Smith got 41 and was BOG.

So unless lots of midfielders get injured all of a sudden Constable won’t debut until next season and be nice and cheap for us :)

I'll throw Aiden Bonar to the list. Strong, big bodied mid has been Emergency at least 6 times this year. Will probably be gifted a game or 2 from here due to GWS injury list. He'll be one of my first rookies picked next year if he doesn't get a game this year.

I'll throw Aiden Bonar to the list. Strong, big bodied mid has been Emergency at least 6 times this year. Will probably be gifted a game or 2 from here due to GWS injury list. He'll be one of my first rookies picked next year if he doesn't get a game this year.

You just know he’ll play 2 games, average 55 and be priced at $290k next year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just know he’ll play 2 games, average 55 and be priced at $290k next year though.

No doubt.

I may have missed one or two debuts but by my calculations 40 of the 78 NAB 2017 Draftees (not counting rookie list) have made their debuts already. Probably another 10 or so will play this year.

Class of 2017 Still to debut
#11 Aiden Bonar
#14 Mathew Ling
#18 Brandon Starcevich
#20 Callum Jones-Coleman
#23 Will Walker
#25 Noah Balta
#30 Tom De Koning
#34 Patrick Naish
#35 Oscar Claravino
#36 Charlie Constable
#39 Nathan Murphy
#40 Toby Wooller
#43 Connor Ballenden
#44 Hugh Dixon
#46 Ben Paton
#47 Sam Hayes
#48 Oskar Baker
#49 Jordan Houlahan
#50 Tyler Brown
#51 Kane Farrell
#54 Jack Payne
#55 Connor Nutting
#57 Gryan Myers
#58 Jake Patmore
#60 Joel Garner
#62 Kyron Hayden
#63 Ben Miller
#65 Tom North
#66 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
#67 Dylan Moore
#68 Hamish Brayshaw
#69 Lloyd Meek
#70 Angus Schumacher
#71 Jackson Ross
#72 Tristan Xerri
#73 Sam Switkowski
#74 Callum Porter

Most of these guys have played a lot of VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL already this year and a few will come into the Rd1 selection frame. With so few 1st year rookies making an immediate SC impact we'll be looking to some of these guys come Rd1.

Last edited:
Noticed Alex Johnson has been in the best for the Swans NEAFL side past 2 weeks....I’ve had him sitting as D8 deadwood all year.

Any swans fans think he’s a chance of getting a gig with their bevy of injuries or is it just abt getting him through the year unscathed?

No doubt.

I may have missed one or two debuts but by my calculations 40 of the 78 NAB 2017 Draftees (not counting rookie list) have made their debuts already. Probably another 10 or so will play this year.

Class of 2017 Still to debut
#11 Aiden Bonar
#14 Mathew Ling
#18 Brandon Starcevich
#20 Callum Coleman-Jones
#23 Will Walker
#25 Noah Balta
#30 Tom De Koning
#34 Patrick Naish
#35 Oscar Claravino
#36 Charlie Constable
#39 Nathan Murphy
#40 Toby Wooller
#43 Connor Ballenden
#44 Hugh Dixon
#46 Ben Paton
#47 Sam Hayes
#48 Oskar Baker
#49 Jordan Houlahan
#50 Tyler Brown
#51 Kane Farrell
#54 Jack Payne
#55 Connor Nutting
#57 Gryan Myers
#58 Jake Patmore
#60 Joel Garner
#62 Kyron Hayden
#63 Ben Miller
#65 Tom North
#66 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
#67 Dylan Moore

#68 Hamish Brayshaw
#69 Lloyd Meek
#70 Angus Schumacher
#71 Jackson Ross
#72 Tristan Xerri
#73 Sam Switkowski
#74 Callum Porter

Most of these guys have played a lot of VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL already this year and quite a few will come into the Rd1 selection frame. With so few 1st year rookies making an immediate SC impact we'll be looking to some of these guys come Rd1.
the guys who i have bolded are the ones i expect to see some senior action before the year is out

Assuming Setterfield doesn't have any set backs with his knee we've already got a gun rookie sorted for 117/123k.

JS is worthless if he can't play for more than a game or two without getting injured.

Correct. But if you had half a brain, you could do some research to assess whether any recent injuries are due to bad luck or otherwise.

He had an ankle injury last year and hurt his shoulder this year. They are both not soft tissue injuries.

You think the saints would play him if he isn't fit?

Correct. But if you had half a brain, you could do some research to assess whether any recent injuries are due to bad luck or otherwise.

He had an ankle injury last year and hurt his shoulder this year. They are both not soft tissue injuries.

That was uncalled for, kent.

2014: Missed entire season with hamstring
2015: Missed Rd7 onwards with hamstring
2016: 3 x Hamstring injuries (missed 10 games)
2017: 1 x Hamstring tweak and 1 x Ankle (season ending)
2018: 1 x Hamstring (surgury) and 1 x AC joint

Am I doing it right? Even if his latest wasn't soft tissue related, it's a pretty glaring soft tissue history. Besides, if he plays 3+ games this season, he won't be relevant for 75%+ of coaches still playing and won't be relevant next year with an inflated price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back