Remove this Banner Ad

Roadto2018

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Plenty of question marks on what our line up will be next year, would love to get everyone's thoughts and predictions on it. Finding it hard at the moment should everyone be fit, will be even harder if we do land someone like Kelly or Martin, here's my best 18 plus an extended bench with our CURRENT list (minus Riewoldt and Montagna) to start things off.

FB: Geary (C), Brown, Webster
HB: Roberton, Carlisle, Newnes
C: Sinclair, Steele, Billings
HF: Gresham, Mccartin, Acres
FF: Membrey, Bruce, Weller

Rk: Longer, Ross, Steven

I/C: White, Stevens, Freeman, Dunstan, Marshall, Savage, Lonie

My prediction is our forwards that will end up playing together long term will be Mccartin, Josh Battle & Tim Membrey.

Might not happen next season but by 2019 Battle will go past josh Bruce & ultimately will be traded out.

Plenty of question marks on what our line up will be next year, would love to get everyone's thoughts and predictions on it. Finding it hard at the moment should everyone be fit, will be even harder if we do land someone like Kelly or Martin, here's my best 18 plus an extended bench with our CURRENT list (minus Riewoldt and Montagna) to start things off.

Gilbert for White I reckon. Savage probably gone I reckon.

Probably switch Billings and Acres

No Armo ?

I saw battle for 5 mins and thought thats Mitch McGovern. Plant this guy at hff and watch him take over in a couple years.

My prediction is our forwards that will end up playing together long term will be Mccartin, Josh Battle & Tim Membrey.

Might not happen next season but by 2019 Battle will go past josh Bruce & ultimately will be traded out.

i thought this as soon as we got josh battle but more than bruce would go back to the backline

but for that to happen we need mccartin to fire

having said that marshall might affect that dynamic somewhat

Savage has been great since he's come back in the team. He's doing well for himself atm, let's hope he keeps it up.

Sa

Savage has been one of the few positives out of the last month of football....

Wasn't a reflection on how he played over the last couple of games - I just think his increased motivation comes from us having told him he won't be renewed and he needs to attract a suitor - just a gut feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Geary Brown White
HB: Roberton Carlisle Webster
C: Newnes Steele Sinclair
HF: Billings Bruce Lonie
FF: Gresham McCartin Membrey
RK: Longer Ross Steven

I/C: Acres Dunstan Freeman Savage

E: Rice Long Stevens

Don't see a spot for Battle anytime soon, McKenzie not afl standard, had Marshall at FF for a bit but figured the club would play GWH instead. Lonie may find his spot on the field in trouble from Acres/Long/Freeman.

B Geary Brown Gilbert
HB Roberton Carlisle Webster
C Sinclair Armitage Newnes
HF Billings McCartin Weller
F Gresham Bruce Membrey
Foll longer Ross
Rov Steven
I/C Steele Acres Stevens Marshall

Pressure for Gilbert, Weller & K Stevens coming from new additions hopefully.

I'm using your 22, but I'm going to highlight the ones in red that I think can actually take a game on. If this list is going to achieve anything, we drastically need to increase the amount of these players.

HF: Gresham*, Mccartin, Acres

I/C: Stevens, Dunstan, Savage, Lonie

*Gresham is still a huge unknown, especially considering we don't even know if his future lies in the midfield or forward pocket.

Way too many passengers. Especially once you take into consideration that Membrey can go missing, and Gresh and Steven have had a pretty quiet year, it really is no surprise that we've had the year we've had.

The ones I could see taking the next step are: Sinclair, Steele and Newnes. If we could also see Dunstan, Acres and McCartin get some consistency, we might actually get a decent year under our belt. If none of those 6 elevate themselves to the next level in the next few years, our list is kind of screwed.

Not to mention our rucks need to improve significantly to help these developing mids get some easy ball along the way. It's great that Longer "has a crack" but when you're playing at the highest level in the country you seriously need to have some ball skills too.

I'm using your 22, but I'm going to highlight the ones in red that I think can actually take a game on. If this list is going to achieve anything, we drastically need to increase the amount of these players.

HF: Gresham*, Mccartin, Acres

I/C: Stevens, Dunstan, Savage, Lonie

*Gresham is still a huge unknown, especially considering we don't even know if his future lies in the midfield or forward pocket.

Way too many passengers. Especially once you take into consideration that Membrey can go missing, and Gresh and Steven have had a pretty quiet year, it really is no surprise that we've had the year we've had.

The ones I could see taking the next step are: Sinclair, Steele and Newnes. If we could also see Dunstan, Acres and McCartin get some consistency, we might actually get a decent year under our belt. If none of those 6 elevate themselves to the next level in the next few years, our list is kind of screwed.

Not to mention our rucks need to improve significantly to help these developing mids get some easy ball along the way. It's great that Longer "has a crack" but when you're playing at the highest level in the country you seriously need to have some ball skills too.
blue boys have all shown signs of taking the game on at times. Paddy mainly in the twos, dunstan last saturday took it on, acres has had his moments, sinclair also, webster just needs a push if we want him to be that player, could definitely be more offensive (quick, penetrating kick, could run in straighter lines though), and newnes as a winger has shown he can push forward and snag a few goals in a row - albeit not often.

HB: Roberton, Carlisle, Gilbert
C: Sinclair, Dunstan, Billings

Int: Steele, Savage, Roo, Newnes/Stevens

would love to see Kelly in there, and Freeman later on.
Battle, Long and Marshall may work their way in later.

I saw battle for 5 mins and thought thats Mitch McGovern. Plant this guy at hff and watch him take over in a couple years.
If he's anyone at Adelaide I would have thought he's much more Tom Lynch than Mitch McGovern! McGovern takes terrific contested marks with his big leap and I'm pretty sure Josh doesn't have anywhere near as good a leap as that, so will play a fair bit differently. Probably much more Tom Lynch/Jack Gunston.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back