2018 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Apologies Mods if it's too early for specific position discussion.

But ruck looks like being a real make or break position this year.

Many of us will start Gawn and Naitanui. But what do you do for R3? Especially if one misses for 1 or 2 weeks?
Is there a cheap R3 who is guaranteed to play?
R/F options look dire - do any appeal at all?
If you don't go Gawn and Naitanui who are the best other premo choices?

Apologies Mods if it's too early for specific position discussion.

But ruck looks like being a real make or break position this year.

Many of us will start Gawn and Naitanui. But what do you do for R3? Especially if one misses for 1 or 2 weeks?
Is there a cheap R3 who is guaranteed to play?
R/F options look dire - do any appeal at all?
If you don't go Gawn and Naitanui who are the best other premo choices?

I have Cameron from the Swans on my ruck bench.

Surely he gets some games from Horse right? o_O

Right???? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Surely he gets some games this right from Horse right? o_O

Horse campaigner said he'd play last year and Cameron sat on my bench all ****ing year,
problem is there's no DPP Freo or Eagles (as we play 12 Sunday games) 102k rookies to slot in there.

Olango is 102k but has no DPP.

Surely he gets some games this right from Horse right? o_O

Really noticed this ......i agree he should get games, but we also said that last year after impressive PS ?

Would love a good R/F option

How are we going to strategise Rucks this year ? .....last year we had backup with Nank (well some did :'() ......could Ryder hold his own this year @ $556K ? ....seems too high?

Horse campaigner said he'd play last year and Cameron sat on my bench all ****ing year,
problem is there's no DPP Freo or Eagles (as we play 12 Sunday games) 102k rookies to slot in there.

Agreed.

Horse is a campaigner of the highest order .ie. Mitchell, Newman.

Yeah no 102k DPP Freo or Eagles rucks to use for loophole.

Not sure what to bloody do now if I pick Cameron and he doesn't get games... :oops:

Last edited:
Really noticed this ......i agree he should get games, but we also said that last year after impressive PS ?

Would love a good R/F option

How are we going to strategise Rucks this year ? .....last year we had backup with Nank (well some did :'() ......could Ryder hold his own this year @ $556K ? ....seems too high?

Everyone will have Gawn and Nicnat but no cheap R3 or forward/ruck in case one of them go down.

Lobb really should have been a forward/ruck this year.

Stupid Champion Data... :rolleyes:

Everyone will have Gawn and Nicnat but no cheap R3 or forward/ruck in case one of them go down.

Lobb really should have been a forward/ruck this year.

Stupid Champion Data... :rolleyes:
Agree .....but IMO at his price Lobb is almost a lock ......the fact he's not a forward / Ruck may keep his ownership down :)

Agree .....but IMO at his price Lobb is almost a lock ......the fact he's not a forward / Ruck may keep his ownership down :)

Yep agreed with Lobb.

Number 1 ruck now that Mummy has retired = LOCK! :thumbsu:

He is a better pick than Petrecca or Bennell.

Who will the Giants second ruck be? o_O

Gawnat and either Olango or Cameron at R3.

Really like Lobb at F3 too, what do you think he'll average?
Look at his last 4 games ......the last 2 after Mummy went down

LAST FOUR GAMES
Year Rnd Opponent Ground SC
2017 26
icon_ruck.gif
Richmond MCG ..... 129
2017 25
icon_ruck.gif
West Coast Showgrounds ..108
2017 24
icon_spearhead.gif
Adelaide Adelaide .....51
2017 23
icon_spearhead.gif
Geelong Kardinia ......80

He looks to be a 110 scorer .....particularly if he rests forward & can clunk some marks / goals

With no good ruck-forwards this year I'm going Gawn and Grundy. Thinking NikNat will miss a few and nobody has cover.
As for R3 I'm going Flynn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With no good ruck-forwards this year I'm going Gawn and Grundy. Thinking NikNat will miss a few and nobody has cover.
As for R3 I'm going Flynn
Grundy will be rubbish with Cox in the team. You should try and pull some stats on his scoring when Cox is in the team versus Cox not in the team. I reckon you'll toss him pretty quickly once you see it.

Look at his last 4 games ......the last 2 after Mummy went down

LAST FOUR GAMES
Year Rnd Opponent Ground SC
2017 26
icon_ruck.gif
Richmond MCG ..... 129
2017 25
icon_ruck.gif
West Coast Showgrounds ..108
2017 24
icon_spearhead.gif
Adelaide Adelaide .....51
2017 23
icon_spearhead.gif
Geelong Kardinia ......80

He looks to be a 110 scorer .....particularly if he rests forward & can clunk some marks / goals
Interesting...
I just did a comparison to Jacobs and it looks like he gets about the same amount of the pill, off the ball as a Fwd/Ruck.
Just less hitouts due to being second string Ruck.

Grundy will be rubbish with Cox in the team. You should try and pull some stats on his scoring when Cox is in the team versus Cox not in the team. I reckon you'll toss him pretty quickly once you see it.
Yeap can confirm this, had Grundy last year and he was bog average when Cox was in the team.
I won't be touching him again this year.

Interesting...
I just did a comparison to Jacobs and it looks like he gets about the same amount of the pill, off the ball as a Fwd/Ruck.
Just less hitouts due to being second string Ruck.
Yes but now as the FT Ruckmen, you'd expect those hitout numbers to improve

i'll be going with NicNat and someone else.
im most interested in Longer but probably wont have the balls to pick him unless he has a big preseason.

going to mentally allocate 2 trades for fixing ruck problems. set and forget is a myth so i might as well be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back