2018 Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metapod

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
This is correct, Kreuzer has played a lot of games over the years with players like Phillips, Wood, Warnock, Hampson and Jacobs going back, which is why he didn’t “break out” until last year, but the reality is that even before last year, whenever he’s rucked on his own he got triple figures in SuperCoach. Other Carlton fans will know what I mean.
He was splitting the ruck duties with Phillips, and we all know that rucks don't score that great when they have to share the role. Phillips got injured prior to round 1 last year which is why he rucked solo and his numbers obviously improved as a result.
Cheers for the responses, looks like this has been the case.
Just looked at the games Phillips didnt play in 2016. Kruezer scored
89, 133, 72, 25 (only 3 touches.. injured?), 83 between rounds 7 - 12. Thats a 94.25 without the 25, 80.4 with.
There's no chance Carl play a second ruck this year right? Given it looks like Kruez is now healthy.

Today I've gone from Gawn +
Martin
Nank
NicNat

and have settled on Sandi

With Olango in for loophole (which should be useful if Danger is a bit iffy first few rounds)
giphy.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Cheers for the responses, looks like this has been the case.
Just looked at the games Phillips didnt play in 2016. Kruezer scored
89, 133, 72, 25 (only 3 touches.. injured?), 83 between rounds 7 - 12. Thats a 94.25 without the 25, 80.4 with.
There's no chance Carl play a second ruck this year right? Given it looks like Kruez is now healthy.
:p:p

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
None of the other Rucks fill me with confidence and there's too much variance from 1 year to another. Lycett into best ruckman is much safer than Stefan Martin or Jacobs.

Except if Lycett goes down with injury there's no way you can side-grade him to anyone.

At least with Martin / Jacobs you know what you're getting; if Martin plays solo there's upside in his price (Goldy is in the same boat).

I'm not sure Lycett is any safer than those given the injury risk and difficulty of trading him out, but I get the appeal.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Except if Lycett goes down with injury there's no way you can side-grade him to anyone.

At least with Martin / Jacobs you know what you're getting; if Martin plays solo there's upside in his price (Goldy is in the same boat).

I'm not sure Lycett is any safer than those given the injury risk and difficulty of trading him out, but I get the appeal.

Yeah Goldy without Preuss is tempting me. Going Stefstein and not having Gawn would be the biggest POD

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah Goldy without Preuss is tempting me. Going Stefstein and not having Gawn would be the biggest POD

I'm pretty happy with Gawn; but have had Goldstein / Martin / Jacobs all in my team at various times as the second ruck.

Going with Martin at the moment, think Archie seems further off selection than Preuss. Though with Preuss lurking, Goldstein has pressure to perform... hmm

juddola

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
None of the other Rucks fill me with confidence and there's too much variance from 1 year to another. Lycett into best ruckman is much safer than Stefan Martin or Jacobs.

I went with Nank, happy with scores like last night till Ryder is ready.

I would be taking a punt on Nic Nat over any of the others mentioned TBH

DV2000

Club Legend
May 9, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Just realised that Port and the Suns have a one-off bye in Round 12 (all other 16 teams play in that round), and I've got Paddy Ryder in my team. Since there's no decent ruck bench options, I'll likely cop a 0 in that round, unless I trade out Ryder before then.

Is it worth holding onto him for now, or spend some coin and upgrade him to Jacobs?

TheBeardAmigos

Brownlow Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just realised that Port and the Suns have a one-off bye in Round 12 (all other 16 teams play in that round), and I've got Paddy Ryder in my team. Since there's no decent ruck bench options, I'll likely cop a 0 in that round, unless I trade out Ryder before then.

Is it worth holding onto him for now, or spend some coin and upgrade him to Jacobs?
its round 10....

TheBeardAmigos

Brownlow Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Ryder is 566k
jacobs is 520k

you are saving 40k.

but hold Ryder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back