Game Day 2018 sanfl grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

First one is when Scotty is paid the free, which wasn't there according to every Norwood supporter I've ever known, met or passed by on the street, even though he was held, taken high and pushed in the back right in front of the ump.

Second one is after Scotty's ridiculous goal.

Every time I watch that goal:

There was only 1 outcome once he got the ball.

Today's sanfl gf was as entertaining as any game of afl footy in recent times, and more entertaining than many.
There are a quite a few Power listed players who would have struggled today, and I'm not just referring to the first and 2nd year draftees.
Yep and i'll go 1 step further, believe it or not, what was running thru' my head watching it was
would we beat these teams. The system both teams had was vastly superior to ours.
A crazy thought coz i'm still angry and disillusioned? yeah ok maybe so.......... then again.

• Winning both the league and reserves was a superb effort engineered by Surjan and Carr. They have brought (former) Port Adelaide fierceness to North.
  • Was at the game, and it was exhilarating to watch the free flowing style mixed with manic tackling
  • Did not know too many of the players, but in agreement with others, notable efforts were: Grigg (5 goals kept them in it; spectacular), Wilson(Nwd; quick and dangerous), Rozee (Nth), Barnes (Nth) and possibly Harvey (Nth; strong hands early, but died a little).
  • Because I was supporting Nth, I may have missed a couple of Nwd performers. I do not like Nwd.
  • Rozee is lightly framed, athletic and not very tall, and seemingly played most of the game at either half back or back pocket. He better be able to play elsewhere because Port have a pretty good backline that will be very difficult to break into. Maybe a wing. His first quarter was amazing with respect to defensive effort though.
  • North reserves have a couple of short-arsed, woolly haired, lightning quick players who look like brothers (but are not; think their playing numbers were 49 & 50) who are under development and worth watching.

• Rozee is lightly framed, athletic and not very tall, and seemingly played most of the game at either half back or back pocket. He better be able to play elsewhere because Port have a pretty good backline that will be very difficult to break into. Maybe a wing. His first quarter was amazing with respect to defensive effort though.
All i know is that Rozee has a few inches on rankine. So he's about 6'1' and Rankine is about 5'11'

the good thing about North Winning the grand final is that it stops Norwood going past the number of Port Magpie Grand final wins

How Robbie Young can't score gig at AFL, constantly amazes me. Oozes aggression and leg speed, surely a rookie option.

Also Norwood's conditioning staff should be sacked, looks like guys such as Baulderstone and Shenton had been eating party pies over the last few weeks. Clearly got caught out on the bigger faster track by the fitter faster young guys.

Maybe too many Villi's ? that said I do not think North's Max Thring is a perfect physical specimen either. ;)

It would mean the middle sections of the stands would have to be jam packed, which they weren't.

We all know the SANFL fudge crowd figures, they always have, but who are they to answer for? They're not going to audit themselves are they!.

I reckon the crowd number was fudged by about 19,000 so it should have an asterisk.

I was good to see the chooks win their first flag since 1991 by 19 points after the 19th man controversy.

Just a pity that so many sore losers & certain people are whinging about North’s so-called ‘tainted’ GF win.

Perhaps the KW road bridge going over the Torrens should be renamed ‘salty crossing’, like the Tippett bridge, some simply can’t get over it!!!

THE 2018 SANFL grand final will be “forever tainted” after this controversial side claimed victory, furious fans are claiming
NORTH Adelaide have defeated Norwood by 19 points in the SANFL grand final to complete a remarkable rags-to-riches tale.
North, coached by ex-AFL player Josh Carr, have risen from finishing bottom last year to win the premiership with a 19.10 (124) to 15.15 (105) triumph on Sunday.
The club’s spot in the grand final was only confirmed by the SANFL tribunal last Tuesday night after the club fielded an extra player for a period in their preliminary final victory.
The controversy was a hot talking point in the footy world as opposition stars took to social media to slam the “rigged” farce.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/c...y/news-story/40ad30a36476e84716ffd6cc6e3941b8
The sooking has started..:thumbsu:
Posted this in general thread ... should have been in here .. sorry

Just a pity that so many sore losers & certain people are whinging about North’s so-called ‘tainted’ GF win.

Perhaps the KW road bridge going over the Torrens should be renamed ‘salty crossing’, like the Tippett bridge, some simply can’t get over it!!!
Proud Legs supporter and I don’t know any Norwood fans complaining about North winning. Seems most of the whining is coming from Eagles fans. What happened last week happened and doesn’t take away the fact that they outplayed us yesterday and fully deserved the win.
A great day of football and we came out on the wrong side of the ledger but it happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other team had an extra man on the field and got rewarded for it by getting a spot in the grand final because of that.

Not sure how you can cheat and then call people salty for being angry about getting ripped off? The game was decided by under a kick too.

Norths flag is absolutely tainted, and this is coming from a guy that doesn't give a crap about Woodville and I despise Norwood.

Norwood are also rumoured to be over the salary cap, so both sides cheated to get there.

Both will be fined thanks to sanfl's no-nonsense approach to rorting their rules.

Norwood are also rumoured to be over the salary cap, so both sides cheated to get there.

Both will be fined thanks to sanfl's no-nonsense approach to rorting their rules.
Yep, recruiting Josh Glenn (who’s set to spend time in jail) was a gamble that is set to be a bust. They’ve breached the cap a few times before yet haven’t been given any severe punishments like loss of premiership points?

Yep, recruiting Josh Glenn (who’s set to spend time in jail) was a gamble that is set to be a bust. They’ve breached the cap a few times before yet haven’t been given any severe punishments like loss of premiership points?
I’m not sure if our current cap position but I’d be shocked if we haven’t covered our bases in regards to under table payments (which most clubs would have BTW)
As for Josh my understanding is he avoided jail and received a suspended sentence. He won’t avoid the PED conviction though I’d guess and will probably cop a decent suspension

If this Rozee kid has a strong defensive side to his game we will draft him for sure. Yep got to be good on defence to get a gig at Alberton, we don't want any of this attacking flair bullshit. ;)

Yes, rort the SANFL League salary cap and cop a token fine but rort the SANFL Country Leagues salary cap and this happens-

Summary of penalties:

• $10,000 fine, $3000 of which is suspended until the end of 2020 season and will be invoked with any breach of Regulation 31.
  • Loss of 3 Approved Player Points for season 2019 and season 2020
  • Loss of 6 Premiership Points in 2018 (3 matches)
  • Club official suspended for 12 months from holding any official role with an affiliated league or club, effective immediately
  • Former club official suspended for 24 months from holding any official role with an affiliated league or club, effective immediately.

This will impact on Willaston for several years. Willaston must wish they were Norwood.

PS Josh Glenn escaped any penalty because he cooperated with the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back