Game Day 2018 sanfl grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good game of football. Always good to see Norwood lose a grand final.

I suspect 80% of that crowd were attending their first sanfl match this year.

Eat s**t Nor'd.

SANFL:
NOKjyNu.gif

Congrats to Josh Carr and Robbie Young. EAD to Norwood and to everyone who's ever argued that it's the AFL reserves teams which affect the integrity of this tinpot competition.

So josh Carr wins a premiership as a coach. Did we let the right assistants go.

That was 70% complete player buy in to an excellent style of footy and 30% skills I reckon. Carr done a brilliant job. Budha and Gotch are at Collingwood... It's looking likely.

Sent from mTalk

Rozee was mentioned by name nearly every time he went near the ball but as a midfielder getting 9 disposals wasn't a great recommendation. He had 15 in the EF, 24 in the 1st semi, 15 in the prelim which makes it look a bit better and his disposal was clean.
With 62 disposals and 8 goals in the final series I would be looking at Woodcock and I would use a 3rd rounder . I was in the camp that wanted him rookied but I don't think he'd survive the draft.

Really good game of football. Always good to see Norwood lose a grand final.

I suspect 80% of that crowd were attending their first sanfl match this year.
First time since 1983 that both grand finalists have kicked 100+ points meant you would have to be a miserable bastard not to have enjoyed that game.

When Mickey Nunan was coach, Toni Basil's Mickey seemed to be their club song. Not that Mickey Nunan would be beholden to the cult of personality :p

North have done a couple of rare events.

Knocked Kerley's 1964 South Adelaide off being the only team to go from wooden spoon to top

And joined Keith Thomas' 1984 Norwood team to go from 5th to premiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For someone like me who watches lots of AFL and very little SANFL, I found it unusual watching a game where targets were hit, marks were held and chances in front of goal taken. You know the AFL has problems when the SANFL granny is a much better spectacle than most AFL games this year. It reminded me how enjoyable the game can be to watch.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

For someone like me who watches lots of AFL and very little SANFL, I found it unusual watching a game where targets were hit, marks were held and chances in front of goal taken. You know the AFL has problems when the SANFL granny is a much better spectacle than most AFL games this year. It reminded me how enjoyable the game can be to watch.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
That Barnes boy kicks the footy so much straighter and longer than any of our forwards, especially Dixon who has the most over-rated "long" kick for goal I can remember. Dixon rarely kicks accurately from more than 40m out. Barnes did it effortlessly.

Carr will never come to Port to be a line coach to the king iof uber defence. Will go to a club that values his ability to meld high scoring attack with aggressive defence aka Pies or Tigers or Dees. Schoeyl may be the same.

How Robbie Young can't score gig at AFL, constantly amazes me. Oozes aggression and leg speed, surely a rookie option.

Also Norwood's conditioning staff should be sacked, looks like guys such as Baulderstone and Shenton had been eating party pies over the last few weeks. Clearly got caught out on the bigger faster track by the fitter faster young guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back