Game Day 2018 sanfl grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a good game of footy.

This is not a good song.

Sent from mTalk
I'm actually disappointed that no new AFL club has picked up their song. Its one of the best out there.

*edit: however their re-recorded version is a little more colourful musically than it needs to be, and used to be.

Last edited:
For someone like me who watches lots of AFL and very little SANFL, I found it unusual watching a game where targets were hit, marks were held and chances in front of goal taken. You know the AFL has problems when the SANFL granny is a much better spectacle than most AFL games this year. It reminded me how enjoyable the game can be to watch.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thats a big prob with the AFL , skills no better or even worse than blokes on a 10th the coin . Thats what happens when you draft Athletes instead of Footballers.

Thats a big prob with the AFL , skills no better or even worse than blokes on a 10th the coin . Thats what happens when you draft Athletes instead of Footballers.

Has happened for a lot longer than just the AFL. I used to play soccer at school 40 years ago and our coach selected some players with no soccer background who had performed well on the school sports day.
Athletic ability can be a boon, take the case of receivers in the NFL who need speed and leaping ability. But they're recruited for two things, to outrun their opponent and to catch the ball. When decision-making and execution of skills comes into it you need players well versed in the game.

Rozee was mentioned by name nearly every time he went near the ball but as a midfielder getting 9 disposals wasn't a great recommendation. He had 15 in the EF, 24 in the 1st semi, 15 in the prelim which makes it look a bit better and his disposal was clean.
With 62 disposals and 8 goals in the final series I would be looking at Woodcock and I would use a 3rd rounder . I was in the camp that wanted him rookied but I don't think he'd survive the draft.

He finished the year off in the back line, not the midfield.

Not surprised I read somewhere that the SANFL runner's up get 10k also
In terms of the financial loss to WWTFC I heard the other day the SANFL GF runner-up got $10,000 and the winner $20,000. I can't remember where but it was an authoritative enough source that I just accepted it.

Haha, 19 points, North couldn't troll harder if they tried, meanwhile every delusional dickhead Nords supporter I know - and they're all delusional dickheads* - be like old mate rn, suck eggs u steaming pile of shitcampaigners...

2ijl91.gif

2ijl2j.gif

*Except one but that shitcampaigner can suck eggs, too.

Haha, 19 points, North couldn't troll harder if they tried, meanwhile every delusional dickhead Nords supporter I know - and they're all delusional dickheads* - be like old mate rn, suck eggs u steaming pile of shitcampaigners...

2ijl91.gif

2ijl2j.gif

Was this as the Hodges mark happened, or was it as the ball sailed through the goals?

2ijl91.gif

2ijl2j.gif

They also kicked 19 goals. PMSL!

Was this as the Hodges mark happened, or was it as the ball sailed through the goals?

First one is when Scotty is paid the free, which wasn't there according to every Norwood supporter I've ever known, met or passed by on the street, even though he was held, taken high and pushed in the back right in front of the ump.

Second one is after Scotty's ridiculous goal.

Every time I watch that goal:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't stop smiling seeing Robbie Young so happy. He basically begged for a rookie spot
was told we need to see more defensive pressure and consistent form in the sanfl.
He delivered both but still couldn't get the nod. Meanwhile certain other players.
Robbie left really pissed off at the double standards under Ken and he isn't the only one
by a long long way.

Really good game of football. Always good to see Norwood lose a grand final.
I suspect 80% of that crowd were attending their first sanfl match this year.

Alberton station had a few supporters going to AO. The 12.49 from Alberton was pretty full and there were extra trains but I think adelaidemetro may have overestimated the number who would be on the Outer Harbor line. Gave the North supporters the thumbs up but made clear it was for the Josh Carr connection.

Baulderstone looked really arrogant when some decisions went against him. Got pinged when he laid on the ball 60m out of the North goal then had 25 paid against him when he argued the toss and didn't return the ball in time. I wanted North to kick a goal from that but it was only a behind.

Left Seven on in the background.

7News Special Report on pet acupuncture: "if it works on humans, why not our pets".

Kill me now.

I worked with a woman once who thought because a vegetarian diet was good for her it would be good for her dog. I tried to explain that ignoring 10s of 1000s of years of evolution might not be such a great thing for the dog. She looked at me like I was insane or worse that it was nice that I was trying to think so I gave up.

Baulderstone looked really arrogant when some decisions went against him. Got pinged when he laid on the ball 60m out of the North goal then had 25 paid against him when he argued the toss and didn't return the ball in time. I wanted North to kick a goal from that but it was only a behind.
That was funny. The big fella was wrestling the young north ruck for a good minute as they were running down the wing. He used up so much energy that when the kick was shanked and landed at his feet he just laid on the ball.

I worked with a woman once who thought because a vegetarian diet was good for her it would be good for her dog. I tried to explain that ignoring 10s of 1000s of years of evolution might not be such a great thing for the dog. She looked at me like I was insane or worse that it was nice that I was trying to think so I gave up.

My parents have a cat and a dog and they have a fridge sticker from the RSPCA with foods that can make cats and dogs ill. There are quite a few, all things that have no effect on us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back