2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has recruited well?
Can team afford to recruit with this new salary cap in place?
Who is the early favourite?

Looks like Dederang are struggling to get teams on the park this season. Big meeting called to discuss the situation. Sign of the times sadly.

As reported earlier clearance in for Dan Cassidy leaving Yack to head to the O&K. Plenty of comings and goings in the clearances yet hardly a word on here?? What's going on?

As reported earlier clearance in for Dan Cassidy leaving Yack to head to the O&K. Plenty of comings and goings in the clearances yet hardly a word on here?? What's going on?
How many transfers has Cassidy had?
Wodonga Saints, Wodonga Bulldogs, Chiltern, Jindera, Wodonga Raiders, Yackandandah, O&K. I think he's been to some of them a couple of times as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rutherglen and BB saints played today, have been told Rutherglen run over the top of them in the last quarter can anybody confirm?

After Thurgoona reported got toweld by the saints last weekend do we read much into Rutherglen winning or just a practice match?
Bucking Bull you might need to re check last weeks game with Thurgoona and BB Saints very even both teams missing top liners and it was a mix of seniors and reserves in a 6 quarter match. So no I would read to much into it.

So only a week out and most teams finished recruiting, which clubs hqve improved their lists and which clubs have gone backwards?
Anyone want to try their hand at predicting the ladder?
Heres my guesses
Thurgoona
Kiewa
Wahgunyah
Rutherglen
Chiltern
Mitta
Yackandandah
Barny
Beechworth
Tallangatta
Saints
Dederang

So only a week out and most teams finished recruiting, which clubs hqve improved their lists and which clubs have gone backwards?
Heres my guesses
Thurgoona
Kiewa
Wahgunyah
Rutherglen
Chiltern
Mitta
Yackandandah
Barny
Beechworth
Tallangatta
Saints
Dederang

Kiewa
Thurgoona
Mitta
Yack
Rutherglen
Chiltern
Barny
Wahgunyah
Beechworth
Saints
Tallangatta
Dederang

Premiers - Kiewa
R/up - Thurgoona
Barton medal - Kotzur go the double
Big headline - saints win first game in along time
Biggest issue - gap between top 4 & the rest

Heres my guesses
Thurgoona
Kiewa
Wahgunyah
Rutherglen
Chiltern
Mitta
Yackandandah
Barny
Beechworth
Tallangatta
Saints
Dederang

Kiewa
Thurgoona
Rutherglen
Wahgunyah
Chiltern
Barny
Mitta
Yack
Beechworth
Tallangatta
Dederang
Saints

Barton medal: Seymour (Wah)
Leading goal kicker: Telford (KSC)

Watched Mitta v Thurgoona
I'd say some O&M games would be jealous of the crowd, brilliant turnout.
Not a bad game of footy, Mitta Looked quiet young & from all reports had a lot missing.
Thurgoona gave them4/5 goals from 50metre penalties.
Fowler & cross were unstoppable but the delivery from Brown was the best I've seen for a long time.
New rule changes confused the umpires/players/supporters which is sad.
Was a pretty bruise free game because players did not know what they could & couldn't do.
Anything else from other games?!

Watched Mitta v Thurgoona
I'd say some O&M games would be jealous of the crowd, brilliant turnout.
Not a bad game of footy, Mitta Looked quiet young & from all reports had a lot missing.
Thurgoona gave them4/5 goals from 50metre penalties.
Fowler & cross were unstoppable but the delivery from Brown was the best I've seen for a long time.
New rule changes confused the umpires/players/supporters which is sad.
Was a pretty bruise free game because players did not know what they could & couldn't do.
Anything else from other games?!

What are the new rule changes Wiz ?

What are the new rule changes Wiz ?

Just the deliberate interpretation & the third man up in the ruck.. sounds simple but when 12 year old kids were throwing the ball in from the boundary it makes it hard for the ruckman to tap the ball first.

Anyway. What does everyone think about Corowa potentially coming to the Tallangatta league?
Would/could any club from the TDFL potentially step up?

Only 3 posts on this site in 4 weeks. It's a pretty even competition. Must be something to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back