2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened a few years ago as well and Dederang called a head count. When it was found that there were 19 opposition players on the field Dederang were happy that he left the field but told the umpires not to wipe the score as play also hadn’t started. Common sense.

I would have thought it would be worth having a crack at appealing the decision. It would not have affected the game at all if he was told to just get off.
Instead I’m sure a couple of the mitta players would have dropped their heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiewa comfortably, nice & fit & fresh. DiMizio BOG.
Good pick!
Did anyone go? Thoughts on the game? Kiewa obviously the best side all year so deserved winners. I was surprised to see the slant in the paper that it was all a bunch of locals, despite utilising the full 40 points. Nothing wrong with that obviously.
Where to for Thurgoona? Did they just have a bad game, or have they tried to get one too many years out of the old blokes?

They would have had a few on high points. I don’t know all their players but some have definitely come from in town.
Murphy played at Raiders and Lavington
Di Mizio would have needed to play 40 games in their juniors to qualify as a one pointer. I see he said he played juniors there but even 12 games per year doesn’t get to 40.
Jake Hicks Wodonga Bulldogs
Andrew Cardwell Bulldogs
Caleb Beattie Bulldogs
Jake Uslar Raiders

Did anyone think Bartel #44 was stiff not to win the BOG Medal?
Thurgoona looked old and slow, Fowler played a season to long. And their ball use was average. They couldn’t adapt to the wind.
Didn’t think Thurgoona had to many good players
Kiewa looked fresh and ready to go. Tim Darcy was super against O’Sullivan.
Thought the Telford / Haydon battle was super, both held, both showed strength. Can’t say I noticed a bad player for Kiewa
Overall They were the best side all year and really deserved the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back