2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not basing this on anything other than gut feel, but maybe the Dogs might fall back to the pack a bit. The older guys have all decided to keep playing, which is sometimes a catalyst for a fall. Combine that with some young blokes leaving for O&M and they might not be as far ahead anymore.

Apart from Kiewa and tallangatta I haven’t really heard many signings
Obviously
Thurgoona
Kiewa are the benchmark

Wahgunyah
Yack
have lost some quaility players so they might be a country mile off those two sides
Tallangatta
for my liking to slide up the pecking order.
Mitta
Rutherglen
Haven’t heard anything about them?

I'm hearing Craig Lieschke is coaching the Mountain men.
David Price has left Thurgoona.

Some good quality players leaving the comp

Anyone confirm michael thompson to kiewa? Also hearing a few leaving rutherglen.
Can see the five changing a fair bit next year.

Anyone confirm michael thompson to kiewa? Also hearing a few leaving rutherglen.
Can see the five changing a fair bit next year.
Barnawartha have picked up a few but also hearing of a few departures. Rutherglen signing enough Quality to give it a shake. Tallangatta to be the big improvers though. I know they are coming from a fair way back but I think they will play finals this season

Barnawartha have picked up a few but also hearing of a few departures. Rutherglen signing enough Quality to give it a shake. Tallangatta to be the big improvers though. I know they are coming from a fair way back but I think they will play finals this season
Tallangatta and dederang the big improvers anyone know what yack and wodonga saints are doing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've (Seymour ) have secured the services of a young Mitta lad by the name of Aiden Adams.....seems to go very well, looking forward to seeing in the the mighty GV.

Its says on the O&K page that Wahgunyah have picked up Cheong from Glenrowan or Moyhu ?? Antone know much about him

Its says on the O&K page that Wahgunyah have picked up Cheong from Glenrowan or Moyhu ?? Antone know much about him
This thread is killing it lately...
Anyone know of any practice matches happening over the next two weekends? Any late recruits?
Might have to have a stab at top 5...
Kiewa
Thurgoona
Rutherglen
Tallangatta

And either mitta or barny to round it out.

Closing in on round 1 and slot of new players come into the league and a lot of quality going out what do people think the top 10 players in the Comp look like before we start up

1; Jack Di Mizo- Kiewa
Vic country rep comjng home from a very good stretch at raiders very interesting to see where he will be used

2: Kade Brown- Thurgoona
Under rated some what in my opinion can play off a back flank and rack up 30 quality touches very easily and his foot skills are the best in the comp

3: Damion Wilson- Rutherglen
The young coach is hard as a cats head and whilst only small in stature would be hard to find somebody who works harder then Wilson

4: Jaydon Kotzer- Thurgoona
Missed last season but people should not forget how good this bloke was in his first year at Thurgoona will be a huge inclusion as the dogs look to make it 3 in a row

5: Tom Johnson- Tallangata
Coming off a broken leg last year but has been lured out to tallangata by Sam Livingstone and will be very hard to stop

6: Jarrod Farwell- Rutherglen
The big bodied midfielder has certainly made his mark since coming from Henty he won the Barton medal in his first year and followed that up with a third last year explodes out of the middle and kicks the ball as far as anybody else in the Comp

7: Aydon Brown- Thurgoona
Complete opposite of his brother adds brut strength to the bulldogs midfield and has been a massive factor as to why they go into this year with 2 flags behind them

8: Cam McNeil- Barnawartha
The 3 time Barton medal winner sometimes doesn't get the credit he deserves because barny don't win as many games as other sides but don't be mistaken this guy has X-factor and can take a game away from any side in 10 mintues

9: Guy Telford- Kiewa
Kicked 81 goals last season in an injury plagued campaign with Trent Castles going to the Hume league there is no conversation about it this guy is the hardest forward to stop by a mile

10: Jack Gilbee- Mitta
Another hard nosed midifielder and a fan favourite up in the hills of mitta but this bloke is fast kicks the ball well and wins mitta games of footy

Anybody missing that should be on there? I'm sure I have missed players this is just my thoughts before the season starts thought I'd get some chat going

Number 9. Hardest forward to stop by a mile?
I thought Fowler kicked a ton last season & a lazy 9 in the GF!

Number 9. Hardest forward to stop by a mile?
I thought Fowler kicked a ton last season & a lazy 9 in the GF!
Hardest to stop by a mile was a bit of a stretch, but i'd probably take Telford over Fowler currently seems a bit more versatile

Closing in on round 1 and slot of new players come into the league and a lot of quality going out what do people think the top 10 players in the Comp look like before we start up

1; Jack Di Mizo- Kiewa
Vic country rep comjng home from a very good stretch at raiders very interesting to see where he will be used

Under rated some what in my opinion can play off a back flank and rack up 30 quality touches very easily and his foot skills are the best in the comp

The young coach is hard as a cats head and whilst only small in stature would be hard to find somebody who works harder then Wilson

Missed last season but people should not forget how good this bloke was in his first year at Thurgoona will be a huge inclusion as the dogs look to make it 3 in a row

Coming off a broken leg last year but has been lured out to tallangata by Sam Livingstone and will be very hard to stop

The big bodied midfielder has certainly made his mark since coming from Henty he won the Barton medal in his first year and followed that up with a third last year explodes out of the middle and kicks the ball as far as anybody else in the Comp

Complete opposite of his brother adds brut strength to the bulldogs midfield and has been a massive factor as to why they go into this year with 2 flags behind them

The 3 time Barton medal winner sometimes doesn't get the credit he deserves because barny don't win as many games as other sides but don't be mistaken this guy has X-factor and can take a game away from any side in 10 mintues

Kicked 81 goals last season in an injury plagued campaign with Trent Castles going to the Hume league there is no conversation about it this guy is the hardest forward to stop by a mile

Another hard nosed midifielder and a fan favourite up in the hills of mitta but this bloke is fast kicks the ball well and wins mitta games of footy

Anybody missing that should be on there? I'm sure I have missed players this is just my thoughts before the season starts thought I'd get some chat going

Great top 10, only thing I'd change is swap the brown boys from Thurgoona around.

Who's everyone's favourites for the flag?

1; Jack Di Mizo- Kiewa

How did this top 10 perform yesterday?

Anyone go watch any games? Thoughts?

How did this top 10 perform yesterday?

Anyone go watch any games? Thoughts?

Aydon Brown, Kade Brown ( played seconds due to no preason with cricket commitments I believe ), Kotzer, Johnson and Telford not in there sides best although Telford did kick 5

Damion Wilson kicked 8 so fair to say he had a nice day out getting best on Ground

Gilbee, Di Mizo, Farwell, McNeil all further down in the sides best

Anybody that stands out not on this list ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back