Meet Up 2018 Social Club function

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a run in with the bar staff towards the end of the night, i went up with my voucher for my cheese burger only to be told the bar was closed, I looked left and noticed approx 30 burgers still under the heat lamps and informed the young lady that there are plenty left, only to be told that they were for the bar staff. Lucky my wife was with me to keep me in check otherwise the people in Barkley street would have heard me tear her a new ring.

I thought the night was better than last year. We arrived at 6:20 and we were allowed upstairs and had to queue for a short time before the room was opened. The A/V was well set up, so if you weren't seated near the stage, you still had a monitor and the sound was fairly clear.

Food was meh.

The MC told us we could get our ice creams after the first couple of sessions concluded. I'd already been told not until 7:30 could you have your ice cream. WTF, just serve the things!

During Bevos segment with Lachie Hunter and Trengove, lots of people to the left of the stage were talking really loudly. Pretty disrespectful to our coach and B&F winner. I guess rude bogans are everywhere.

We left after Bevos talk, I'm not keen on photo ops with players and sadly we missed the AFLW segment.

Another surprise was that social club members were urged to buy a membership. Surely membership should precede social club membership?

Like the look of our squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back