SA 2018 South Australia Election - LIBERAL WIN

Remove this Banner Ad

If Xenophon gets into government he might find that there's a bit more to politics than cherry picking popular policy and supporting it.
Yes, but breaking the cosy duopoly has to be a good thing. And SA is the forgotten state in the federal sphere, a jolt like that might force a change for the majors to actually take the place seriously.

I'm liking the idea of Nick. Yes he is all the things you say but the state is f'kd and has relied upon hand out after hand out since WW2.

Nick like Trump will shake things up and will either help fix the state or finally break it. If he fixes it........great. If he breaks it........great. The reason why I say that is the state's solution to a broken economy was to subsidies manufacturing (a patch), the solution to a broken manufacturing industry was to subsidies the energy industry, the solution to a broken energy industry is subsidies the war machine.

If the subsidy and welfare mentality breaks, perhaps SA could simply excel in areas of competitive advantage and deliver great opportunity to all SA's rather than those with their snouts in the subsidy trough.

Well put see your point

Steven Marshall refuses to deny if the Libs will deal with him. Yet Mitch Williams has made no secret of his support for Troy Bell

Charged Mount Gambier MP Troy Bell is still receiving financial support from a senior Liberal, despite declaring his intention to run against his former party as an independent candidate at the March election.

Neighbouring MP and former deputy Liberal leader Mitch Williams has transferred $8,000 of unused allowance to Mr Bell, who intends to fight for re-election despite facing more than 20 corruption charges which relate to the alleged misuse of taxpayer funds.

Is that even allowed? Why isnt any unused allowance put back into the general pool? FFS

That old conservative battle plan
"What's mine is mine and what's yours I'll use for me"

I think he quietly dropped this years ago. Not that he should be given a free pass on it. Its good to get it out in the open for people to decide if that is the 1 bad thing or the accumulation of the Lib/Lab bad things over-rides it all.

I am not a fan of pokies but I also havent been affected enough by them to consider them evil. My stance was always for sports and community clubs and not Hotel Barons

YouGov Galaxy (~500 respondents each)

Lee
(1.5%)
ALP: 34
LIB: 39
XEN: 18

ALP 50-50 LIB

Morialta (12.0%)
ALP: 21
LIB: 40
XEN: 25

LIB 52-48 XEN

YouGov's federal polls generally underestimate major party votes, and Labor's 2PP, relative to other polls. I'm not sure if that bias is present in this poll, but its another proviso alongside to go with electorate-level polling.

Morialta was Xenophon's 5th best area for Xenophon federally (~27%,) so that's not a very exciting result for him, especially if he loses further momentum over the campaign.

YouGov Galaxy (~500 respondents each)

Lee
(1.5%)
ALP: 34
LIB: 39
XEN: 18

ALP 50-50 LIB

Morialta (12.0%)
ALP: 21
LIB: 40
XEN: 25

LIB 52-48 XEN

YouGov's federal polls generally underestimate major party votes, and Labor's 2PP, relative to other polls. I'm not sure if that bias is present in this poll, but its another proviso alongside to go with electorate-level polling.

Morialta was Xenophon's 5th best area for Xenophon federally (~27%,) so that's not a very exciting result for him, especially if he loses further momentum over the campaign.
That Lee vote is a terrible blow for Labor.

In Lee, Labor front-bencher Stephen Mullighan trails the Liberal candidate by 39% to 34% on the primary vote, with everything depending on preferences from SA Best, who are a distant third on 18%. Galaxy estimates that this translates into a two-party result of 50-50, but this would seem to be highly speculative.

Mullighan is the current Transport Minister and is seen as a future leader of SA Labor

A better premier question has Jay Weatherill on 31%, Steven Marshall on 25% and Nick Xenophon on 22% in Lee; in Morialta it’s all but a three-way tie, with Xenophon 28% and Weatherill and Marshall on 27% each. The polls were conducted last Wednesday and Thursday from samples of 520 in Lee and 505 in Morialta.

Is that enough of a sample? That 3 way tie seems at odds with the above 40/25 split. Note Liberals hold Morialta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dNiKrBd.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back