News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched Port quite a bit because I sadly had too many of their players in my Supercoach Team. Polec wasn't in my team, but he played well nearly every time I watched. Gave them great drive. Got his own pill. Ran the ball. Good all round game. Overhead marking, good kick. Not a superstar, but very handy indeed. Would make us a better team. Front loaded contract. Sounds good.
I too liked what I saw of him this year, but Richo will do his usual thing and turn him into another geary so gotta ask ourselves if its really worth it?
#significantlypleasing

I too liked what I saw of him this year, but Richo will do his usual thing and turn him into another geary so gotta ask ourselves if its really worth it?
#significantlypleasing
Oh geezus I am negative at the moment........

Yep no way we should pay any amount of money to better our side.
Let’s just keep doing nothing because what is the point of spending money that we have in the salary cap?
Because he is not worth 800 ******* grand

And if it's being reported it is 800, then like they said on the radio today over here it's prob 600 to 650 in reality
Imo he isn't worth 800
He is Def on the move tho, the same radio show mentioned he is getting married soon and not one port player has got an invite
Didn't mention if the invites had gone out yet tho

Because he is not worth 800 ******* grand

And if it's being reported it is 800, then like they said on the radio today over here it's prob 600 to 650 in reality
Imo he isn't worth 800
He is Def on the move tho, the same radio show mentioned he is getting married soon and not one port player has got an invite
Didn't mention if the invites had gone out yet tho
Our old bloke Tom Morris said 650k. He seems to have been pretty spot on this year IMO.

Why does Scully not get more talk?

800 grand
GAGF'ed

Jesus Christ who are we kidding here
Worth Lenny Hayes numbers is he?

glory be off
No way in he'll he is worth 800 K
Good player, sure, prob be right up there in our list but he is a 500 to 600 K player MAX
He would be our second best player. We are currently over paying absolute dogshit players to reach minimum salary cap anyway so why not pay him extra? The only way we're going to attract ANY players during the offseason is by dipping into our large amount of unused salary and outbidding other clubs. The sad thing though is that even with so much more money over what North offered, he'll probably still go there. Just shows how bad we are atm.

He would be our second best player. We are currently over paying absolute dogshit players to reach minimum salary cap anyway so why not pay him extra? The only way we're going to attract ANY players during the offseason is by dipping into our large amount of unused salary and outbidding other clubs. The sad thing though is that even with so much more money over what North offered, he'll probably still go there. Just shows how bad we are atm.
We'll just have to give the money to Lonie I guess.
1cu.jpg

#significantlypleasing
Expect our game plan to change dramatically , Ratten and new coaches will change the team around and install a game plan to suite the players even if it means changing the line up of the team.

Don't be surprised that Steven plays as a forward as well as Coffield playing on a forward flank and Billings based on the wing.
Gresham and Acres as full time in the midfield.

I'm also expecting this year in the preseason they will try more combinations up forward , McCartin will have to earn his position and he will find it hard with a fit Bruce coming back in.

Another year of weights with Battle and Marshall they could easily be in the forward line as well proving to be bigger targets up forward.

One thing for sure they will make sure we have good disposal in the right positions - the only guy that worries me is Geary , Steven will be dynamic around goals and with Coffield , Gresham , Billings delivering the ball to the forwards it should look a lot better.

Our back line will be fine with Carlisle , Roberton , Webster , McKenzie , Austin , White and Geary- only as a lock down defender =
they can all mark (except Geary) , kick and rebound / I would love another swingman like Gilbert provided , this is why I would love to get Tomlinson.

But expect a far better year due to the added coaches - would love to get Harvey and Mitchell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect our game plan to change dramatically , Ratten and new coaches will change the team around and install a game plan to suite the players even if it means changing the line up of the team.

Don't be surprised that Steven plays as a forward as well as Coffield playing on a forward flank and Billings based on the wing.
Gresham and Acres as full time in the midfield.

I'm also expecting this year in the preseason they will try more combinations up forward , McCartin will have to earn his position and he will find it hard with a fit Bruce coming back in.

Another year of weights with Battle and Marshall they could easily be in the forward line as well proving to be bigger targets up forward.

One thing for sure they will make sure we have good disposal in the right positions - the only guy that worries me is Geary , Steven will be dynamic around goals and with Coffield , Gresham , Billings delivering the ball to the forwards it should look a lot better.

Our back line will be fine with Carlisle , Roberton , Webster , McKenzie , Austin , White and Geary- only as a lock down defender =
they can all mark (except Geary) , kick and rebound / I would love another swingman like Gilbert provided , this is why I would love to get Tomlinson.

But expect a far better year due to the added coaches - would love to get Harvey and Mitchell
Do like the idea of Steven forward a bit, the good clubs all have mids resting forward a bit like Dusty, Cotch, Danger etc and seems to work well but for some reason Richo just goes with Steven, Steele, Ross, Armo/Dunstan as the only 4 blokes allowed in mid for centre bounces pretty much and that's it, no flexibility and I think teams know this and play us accordingly. No plan B, no spark, nothing.

I think the fwd rotation of Bruce, Battle and Membrey should be trialled at very least as think Battle showed more than paddy this year. Paddy needs to kick bags in the VFL to bang the door down.

Don't mind the Tomlinson idea, not sure we will have the trade bait to get him.

Time will tell....

Just saw a headline in The Age online....

"Cats attempt to lure St.Kilda's Jack Steven to Geelong"

Can't get in to read it......it's a Sam McClure special.
As much as I hate McClure he gets a lot of the player movement right

Fine

2 .........1st rounders ..............Geelong .

Oops .

Nothing to offer move along
Kelly to Freo pick 5
pick 5 and Geelongs 1st round pick 10

Plenty to offer

Just saw a headline in The Age online....

"Cats attempt to lure St.Kilda's Jack Steven to Geelong"

Can't get in to read it......it's a Sam McClure special.
Cats attempt to lure St Kilda's Jack Steven to Geelong
Geelong’s drive to continually land A-grade stars in the trade period is showing no signs of abating, with the Cats making a play for St Kilda gun Jack Steven.

It comes as Geelong publicly declared on Monday that it was embarking on a “deep analysis” of its list management strategy.

Steven, who hails from Lorne, has long been on the Cats’ radar and The Age can confirm that Geelong has contacted both the Saints and Steven's management about his availability.

Steven is contracted until the end of 2020 and St Kilda remains adamant that he will not be considered as a player that could be traded.

The 28 year-old will be the favourite to take out his fourth Trevor Barker Award at the club’s best and fairest this year and is seen by many at the club as the Saints’ spiritual leader.

The Age understands that Steven was keen on knowing the direction of the club during his recent exit interview, but that he’s shown no signs of wanting to leave.

Geelong’s pursuit of Steven comes as CEO Brian Cook candidly conceded on Monday that his football department may have to rethink its recruiting strategy moving forward.

“There’s no doubt about that. The analysis has begun for us since the weekend.” Cook said on SEN.
“It’s probably time for a really good look at what we’re doing, right through into our playing list and our style.

“You’ve got to make a decision at some stage as to whether you really go all in to win a premiership or try to stick around eighth. We have to talk about those things.

“We have to decide whether we continue to go through both, or whether we 'err' on one side [or] we go back to simply drafting kids."

Geelong has been an admirer of Steven for several years now.

The surf coast local met with the Cats at the end of 2014 before turning his back on free agency to sign a five year contract to remain at St Kilda.

Steven is a crucial figure for the next period at the Saints.

Not only is he arguably their best player but he’s also significant because he will help attract other players to the club.

The Saints will look to be aggressive in the upcoming trade period.

As reported by The Age last week, they have joined the race with Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton to attempt to lure Dylan Shiel from Greater Western Sydney, and the club still remains poised to land contracted Sydney Swan Dan Hannebery.

Steven would be the perfect inclusion into Chris Scott’s side next year, particularly if they lost gun first year recruit Tim Kelly who is open to a move back home to Western Australia.

But even if the Saints did entertain a trade for Steven at all, the other challenging part of the equation would be Geelong trading for him.

The Cats’ first round selection – currently pick 12 – wouldn’t go near satisfying a trade for a player of Steven’s calibre.

Even if it did, the Cats may have to seek permission from the AFL to trade another first round selection, after having to do so when they traded for Carlton’s Zach Tuohy in the 2016 trade period.

Geelong also traded the Blues their future first round selection in 2015 as part of the deal to get Lachie Henderson.

The trading rules are designed to prevent clubs from trading too many future picks, particularly first round selections.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...s-jack-steven-to-geelong-20180910-p502x5.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back