Memberships 2018 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 45,678)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back to town after couple of years so decided to drive down to seaford(for my 1st look) today to get my membership. Fml club closed till the 8th.

Anyway i hope the club has some decent merchandise this year. Really think some most of the casual clothes and goods that have come out the last few years have been rubbish.

Yeah, the NBA and soccer have really stepped up the quality of merchandise these days. About time we followed them. It's so cheap to print stuff now even on small runs with digital. You can get personalised every thing now. We should be custom printing everything from heritage mock ups guernseys for different eras and get some quality designers on to the staff.

Hoping to get the membership counter sorted on the website by end of next week guys :thumbsu:

Can properly keep track of it then. We are over 30,000 though.

Hoping to get the membership counter sorted on the website by end of next week guys :thumbsu:

Can properly keep track of it then. We are over 30,000 though.

Was hoping we were well over
30 000 seeing as we were 31000 by 31 last year.

Was hoping we were well over
30 000 seeing as we were 31000 by 31 last year.
Yeah I feel the same way. Hoping it translates into more renewals in January. Lack of a real membership campaign is probably the reason why.

Yeah I feel the same way. Hoping it translates into more renewals in January. Lack of a real membership campaign is probably the reason why.

Wonder why that is? Seems very odd to me.

Wonder why that is? Seems very odd to me.
Well, we did have membership deals on around Christmas, but no 'official' campaign. I still think we'll crack 45,000 this year though!

Gonna put y annual membership pack whinge here. Let me first say I appreciate getting fast service and I'm happy to support the club regardless, but I have some (hopefully) constructive criticism.

I got an email a couple of months ago stating that my roll over membership was go for 2018 along with a question about what I wanted, a cap, a scarf or a charity donation. I selected the donation as I have no need for any merch.

Fast forward to last week, I got sent a scarf. It's nice enough, the red is a bit too light but it's decent quality. But I didn't want it. I have about 5 saints scarves already, I live in France and will probably never wear it. I've put it in my cupboard with the others. It'd cost too much to send it back. And the donation?

Also, my son's Little Saints membership pack arrived. There's some weird padded plastic soft bag that I can't really understand the purpose of plus the lanyard and the car bumper stickers. On the plus side, there's a poster with a height measurement and a huge water bottle that he's already using a lot, and it's making him drink more water, so thanks St Kilda!

Here are some suggestions for better merch for kids packs:

Soft footies. So weird because it seems obvious, but all kids membership packs should include some kind of ball, even a little one to play around with in the house. Kids always lose them and they can get involved in the actions rather than just passively watching. They can't be that much more expensive than the other stuff that gets sent out.

Colouring book with info about the club and sport, fun way for kids to learn. Activity book with maths activities, for example 5 goals is how many points? etc

Kid-sized water bottle as opposed to massive adult sized one.

Saints socks/undies kid size. They never have enough and love wearing themed clothes.

Saints pencil case, cheaper than a bag and more likely to be looked at and more frequently used.

Stickers with players faces and names on them. Footy cards if they still exist.

Not a big gripe like I said, just a shame no one is actually thinking what kids actually could use.

Gonna put y annual membership pack whinge here. Let me first say I appreciate getting fast service and I'm happy to support the club regardless, but I have some (hopefully) constructive criticism.

I got an email a couple of months ago stating that my roll over membership was go for 2018 along with a question about what I wanted, a cap, a scarf or a charity donation. I selected the donation as I have no need for any merch.

Fast forward to last week, I got sent a scarf. It's nice enough, the red is a bit too light but it's decent quality. But I didn't want it. I have about 5 saints scarves already, I live in France and will probably never wear it. I've put it in my cupboard with the others. It'd cost too much to send it back. And the donation?

Also, my son's Little Saints membership pack arrived. There's some weird padded plastic soft bag that I can't really understand the purpose of plus the lanyard and the car bumper stickers. On the plus side, there's a poster with a height measurement and a huge water bottle that he's already using a lot, and it's making him drink more water, so thanks St Kilda!

Soft footies. So weird because it seems obvious, but all kids membership packs should include some kind of ball, even a little one to play around with in the house. Kids always lose them and they can get involved in the actions rather than just passively watching. They can't be that much more expensive than the other stuff that gets sent out.

Colouring book with info about the club and sport, fun way for kids to learn. Activity book with maths activities, for example 5 goals is how many points? etc

Saints socks/undies kid size. They never have enough and love wearing themed clothes.

Saints pencil case, cheaper than a bag and more likely to be looked at and more frequently used.

Not a big gripe like I said, just a shame no one is actually thinking what kids actually could use.
Thanks mate...I agree the packs could be done a lot better. I'll pass the feedback on for you next time I'm down there.

same thing happened to me last year RE donations being ignored

this year didnt bother selecting out of laziness

I think its very likely that the 31 x 31 campaign actually resulted in few NEW members signing up..rather just a bunch of existing members signing early, which isnt the point. Both years we did that campaign we comparitively dropped right off in January. Combined with very little hype about us in the draft/trade period, the Club have probably recognised that they can save their energy and $ for a time when there's some media chat to cash in on. A belting or two in the JLT, or a kid kicks a bag in the Intra Club, will help no end.
We have to increase on last year, its unacceptable not to. We arent fullon rebuilding now, we are pushing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, we did have membership deals on around Christmas, but no 'official' campaign. I still think we'll crack 45,000 this year though!

Any idea why we didnt have a official campaign George?

To me it shows a lack of initiative. To some it may seem like a small thing but there should be an official membership drive from xmas every year. I honestly believe this club should be well over 50k members but we dont seem to be doing the extra yards required to achieve this.

To me it shows a lack of initiative. To some it may seem like a small thing but there should be an official membership drive from xmas every year. I honestly believe this club should be well over 50k members but we dont seem to be doing the extra yards required to achieve this.
I think the club is trying to tap into social media for memberships these days. They had social media deals going through December on discounted pricing for memberships. Personally I would've liked something similar to the 25x25 or 31x31 campaign we've seen in previous years. What it probably will mean for this year is that we'll get more numbers rolling in January, February and March instead of most of our member base signing before the new year.

If we get off to a flyer this year it won't matter anyway, we'll easily crack 45k.

Its onfield not off that will get us 50,000. IMO not much less than a flag will break that barrier

Its onfield not off that will get us 50,000. IMO not much less than a flag will break that barrier

Ofc a flag will be a mega boost to membership but surely events off field are a major contributing factor as well.

I have no doubts that our string of well documented, highly publicised, off-field dramas during our successful period affected our ability to sign up significantly more new members.

Ofc a flag will be a mega boost to membership but surely events off field are a major contributing factor as well.

I have no doubts that our string of well documented, highly publicised, off-field dramas during our successful period affected our ability to sign up significantly more new members.

Absolutely...but so did playing 3 GF's in a row without a win.

Those scared off by our scandals IMO will be easier to lure back than the ones who are scarred by the GF's

Thanks mate...I agree the packs could be done a lot better. I'll pass the feedback on for you next time I'm down there.
Much appreciated George! You do great work, transitioning between fanworld and clubland, hope the club appreciates your efforts.

Much appreciated George! You do great work, transitioning between fanworld and clubland, hope the club appreciates your efforts.
That's alright mate, anything to help out the club :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back