List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said I'm glad we didn't get him, he's going to always carry an injury risk and still misses games. He's a good player but he's not the champion he was going to be.

You always go on and on about beating Essendon on the Carlisle trade and can't admit neckbeard is a good player. Sometimes logic gets overlooked when you want to justify your stance. Sometimes it's just the old, hot chick rejected me for a cool guy with a Ferrari...didn't want her anyway, she was total ugly bitch with a weird head and a s**t personality.
Crap that I go on and on about it. Have mentioned it a few times for fun, but always knew Francis would come good. And it is usually just to s**t Essendon supporters and King who say we traded 5 for Carlisle.

Maybe I should hear an unsubstantiated rumour crack the sads about it moan and bitch about the club and its people based on the rumour in every post and generally make the forum unreadable.

Wait that position is already taken though isn't it?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Dunstan isn’t wanting to leave, I’d be trying to keep him. Although I wouldn’t object to a trade, just seems a waste to get rid of 80 odd games experience and a potential leader. Worst case he plays VFL and adds depth.

7 players already gone and I would be trading Savage, Newnes, Weller and Lonie before Spook (but all depends on trade value). Surely we aren’t turning over more than 10 players.

Lonie is actually a very good pressure forward so we keep Mav and add Menzel....lose the one that plays a modern game. We do it our own way. Luckily it's very successful so we keep backing ourselves and doing the same thing over and over.

Imagine not only losing Rooey and joey but then Stuv and Gilbert from the older group. We would be a terrible list. It's alright we get another Armo in Hanners though.
Your absolutely right..
Lonie's got a better goal average than "the chosen one", & applies defensive pressure better than most on our list..
(The chosen one is considered one of the worst offenders in the comp for his lack of pressure)

The chosen one will struggle to ever become a good AFL footballer..

Our list management is a disgrace..
There's a handful of clubs interested in Lonie, which shouldn't surprise any of us after his last 6 or 7 games of the season..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap that I go on and on about it. Have mentioned it a few times for fun, but always knew Francis would come good. And it is usually just to s**t Essendon supporters and King who say we traded 5 for Carlisle.

Maybe I should hear an unsubstantiated rumour crack the sads about it moan and bitch about the club and its people based on the rumour in every post and generally make the forum unreadable.

Wait that position is already taken though isn't it?

Yeah because this makes the forum so much better good job well done

So from that I gather the players are unhappy that they are being shopped?

I thought they all wanted out?

Not having a go, just replying.
All want out, club is a rabble, we are getting a 4th rounder for Billings, and trading pick 4 Gres for Hanners.

Read it on BigFooty so obviously has happened. What a rabble of a club

What’s Coniglio’s contract looking like? If Shiel goes to Essendon or Hawthorn we could help the Giants cap space even more by taking Cogs off their hands. Would happily give up 4 for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And?
Petracca may not be setting the world on fire, but he’s a far better player than Paddy and should’ve been the number 1 pick.

And those who carry on like Petracca is the 2nd coming of Judd have blinkers on.

If he was taken at #1 we’d be massively disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s Coniglio’s contract looking like? If Shiel goes to Essendon or Hawthorn we could help the Giants cap space even more by taking Cogs off their hands. Would happily give up 4 for him
GWS will be sweating on all the free agents next year - Coniglio , Shiel , Haynes , Tomlinson , Buntine and Kelly , Hopper, Lobb un-contracted - and I tell you this , most will be moving because they are at the age where there currency is at the highest // I would offer 2 firsts for Coniglio and make the guy captain and pay whatever for Tomlinson or Haynes - can only dream.
Just hope we get Williams , he knows them all and might be able snag one or 2

And those who carry on like Petracca is the 2nd coming of Judd have blinkers on.

If he was taken at #1 we’d be massively disappointed.

I don't really care about who we missed in a trade - these things happen // just look forward and you never know a Paton (46)or a Phillips(56) could become our next super stars

In hindsight I’d take de Goey before either of them also.

The way Jack Steele played this year, I’d probably pick him up first also.

Brayshaw, De Goey, Steele.

All it shows is that if the Saints had picked Petracca instead of Paddy, as basically 100% of the "don't pick McCartin" folk recommended, there would still be sooking in these forums.

The issue is having pick one and grabbing the best player. And in hindsight that didn't happen. Whether or not Petracca is better than McCartin is neither here nor there IMO.

In hindsight I’d take de Goey before either of them also.

The way Jack Steele played this year, I’d probably pick him up first also.
De Goey doesn't do enough for the amount of hype he has. He has had some good games, but hasnt performed against the top sides the same way Brayshaw has and goes missing a lot when it matters. It is a bit of the syndrome Petrecca has - people tell you he is a superstar more than he actually produces top games.

Heeney is the best of the lot but the stupid academy system has to be introduced that year so no one else could get him.

Steele is coming hard with how he finished the end of the year. If he could play the same for the whole season next year, then he will get the external credit he deserves.

De Goey doesn't do enough for the amount of hype he has. He has had some good games, but hasnt performed against the top sides the same way Brayshaw has and goes missing a lot when it matters. It is a bit of the syndrome Petrecca has - people tell you he is a superstar more than he actually produces top games.

Heeney is the best of the lot but the stupid academy system has to be introduced that year so no one else could get him.

Steele is coming hard with how he finished the end of the year. If he could play the same for the whole season next year, then he will get the external credit he deserves.

If we had #1 in an uncompromised draft we would have taken Heeney.

The debate is over. Brayshaw is who we would have taken with the luxury of hindsight.
And you want to know the funny thing? Melbourne said in the week leading up to the draft that they would take whoever of Paddy and Petracca we left them, so they evidently rated Paddy ahead of Brayshaw just like we did.

Just like they rated Billings ahead of Bont like we did (according to Roos, who has said many times that not only did they rate Billings higher than Bont, but also Kelly- unlike us, from what I was told at the time, with Kelly the one we were apparently most red-hot on if we could have gotten pick 2 off Melb).

If we had #1 in an uncompromised draft we would have taken Heeney.
Not sure who we would have picked had Heeney been available, but the year before had we had pick 3 in an uncompromised draft we would have been able to pick one of Boyd, Hogan, or Kelly (or Jack Martin), who were all born in 1995 and would have been in that draft, if not for the GWS mini draft the year before.

Had Boyd still gone at 1 we'd probably have one of Hogan or Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back