List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobb gone to Freo.

Pick four and Hickey with us paying 50% of Hickey contract for their first.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Word was GWS showed a bit of interest in Longer at the beginning of the year, then it went very very cold.

If we can somehow grab an early second for Hickey and knives then I'd be very happy.

Give me Shiel for pick 4 alone and I'd be over the moon. No reason to be a greedy campaigner.

Brisbane's 3rd round pick from Geelong to Carlton for Nathan Kreuger. Clever.

Again, why didn't we apply for this?

Good point, my apologies Spaceship7

I'd still trade Bruce for a pick inside 35, no problems.
Saints need to be trading in 2 goal a game players, not trading them out. Not to mention he is someone who has been in the leadership group and we are short of leaders. Membrey aside he is the one forward on our list who has proven himself (and the prince, who was fantastic up the field over the end of the season).

He was in the twos when he got injured.
And he was in the seniors, got injured, played 3 games in the VFL to regain fitness (kicking bags) then got injured at training the week before everyone was saying he was going to be brought back into the lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing left on the table for Shiel. Smart by SL to inform GWS, Blues and Hawks that we will offer pick 4 in the deal.

If Shiel is wanting the best deal for the club along with himself, this is a very strong hand.

Blues would need to use pick 1 in the deal now you'd think.
Next year's first and a promise to play Shiel, Steven and Ross across the back flank for a year?

Fmd... Even you?
I think somewhere months back I suggested that we needed to bite the bullet and bring in someone like Shiel.

I thought Hannebery was probably enough with some minor trades for guys like Kent etc. imo this won’t get us into flag contention but it should give us a shot at the 8 and we badly need to regain some credibility as a club. Unfortunately you can’t do that with kids, especially young keys.

I would love to still have a couple of decent picks in this draft, I’m a fan of both Caldwell and bytel.

Saints need to be trading in 2 goal a game players, not trading them out. Not to mention he is someone who has been in the leadership group and we are short of leaders.
Okay, I'm just saying let's trade out a guy who has averaged less than 2 goals per game for the past 3 years if we can get a good deal.

That leadership group thing is another red flag, a bit like Mav - was Bruce in the leadership group for just one season? If so, you'd have to ask why when we are so short on leaders… and none in the forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back