List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Pretty simple really. Unlike some here I trust the media involved in drafting have more idea than anyone on here. They get plenty wrong but seem to know which clubs are interested in players or vice versa. In wingard case we haven’t been mentioned either way so I will go with them. You can pull out Franklin to prove that they don’t always know. I will go with the odds
But we have been mentioned Plugger, every trade article that talks about Shingard has Dogs as front runners with Hawks and Saints also interested.

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
The last paragraph may be the exact reason he get to the Hawks. Salary Cap issues. The only way we get Shiel IMO is we have to be very close to what he wants. If he has no interest at all he wont come. I know GWS hold the upper hand but every club would know the salary cap is stuffed and they also know next year he is likely to only get a mid range pick at best if he goes as a FA.

Yes, that’s the problem GWS has. But they may decide to hold Shiel and trade-out some other players believing they are a contender in 2019 and believe that Shiel is very important in them getting there.

The DP Hawthorn offers for Shiel may not be much better than what GWS get as a compo pick if they lose him as a free agent at the end of 2019. So there is no incentive for GWS to do a trade based on the value of the draft pick.

I suppose it comes down to how many options GWS has in rectifying their salary cap issues and how palatable these options are. And how close they think they are to a flag and how important Shiel is in helping them to get there.

The fact they are considering bringing back Shane Mumford next year may help them, especially if they trade out Lobb and a few other players. Shiel doesn’t hold all the cards, although normally the player gets to their preferred club.

Sam McClure has also just said on SEN that Shiel was impressed with his meeting with St Kilda. So we take that on face value.

Nov 9, 2010
de_dust2
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Every so called football journalist is saying that Dylan Shiel will play with either Carlton or Hawthorn. What they don’t tell us is how each club satisfies GWS.

Shiel is contracted next year. GWS won’t accept anything less than an early 1st RDP this year and maybe a bit extra. I can’t see Carlton diluting pick #1 or Hawthorn having the currency to trade-in an early pick.

If Shiel wants to come home then maybe St Kilda is the only feasible option he has. We have pick #4 and apparently it is tradeable. Otherwise I can see GWS enforcing Shiel’s contract next year as they still see themselves as a contender.

Lazy journalists crapping on about the genius of Hawthorn or Shiel being influenced by travelling on a private jet does not deal with reality of meeting the requirements of GWS.

They want picks and not players with their salary cap issues. I think GWS will be prepared to hold firm if necessary. Although Shiel is not my preference he must still be a huge chance of coming to St Kilda. Logically it’s difficult to come to any other conclusion.
Future first would likely be top 6. That would be their main go to I would think.

Red leg

Senior List
Jan 29, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jaxons pretty much has said the club is a joke and run by idiots. Said we have offered stupid amount to a player we arnt getting

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Jaxons pretty much has said the club is a joke and run by idiots. Said we have offered stupid amount to a player we arnt getting
Just a couple of things. Said we were the worst pitch. How would he possibly know that and with roo involved I’m calling crap. Sam McClure said it was a very good pitch.

Secondly what does it matter what we offer if we aren’t getting him. It doesn’t matter.

Here we go again looking at the worst case. You are the only one saying could cost 2 firsts. Just out of interest are you Jewish. My dad is and he always looks for the most negative things.

Or maybe he’s just a negative kind of guy and it’s nothing to do with his heritage?

LeonardHayes87

All Australian
Oct 13, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just a couple of things. Said we were the worst pitch. How would he possibly know that and with roo involved I’m calling crap. Sam McClure said it was a very good pitch.

Secondly what does it matter what we offer if we aren’t getting him. It doesn’t matter.
Mate people like Jaxons are fantastic when they tell us positive stuff, and germs when they tell us negative stuff.

Take it with a grain of salt.

At the end of the day we finished 3rd last, have <50k members, play no real blockbuster games and show no serious finals ambition in the short term and the powers that be have still managed to entice Shiel to atleast consider us. Now whether that's is purely down to money we will never know, but atleast they are having a crack.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United

Yep i'm still holding on to hope! { well holding on to something anyway }
Problem is Sam Manure would be just as believable as an out of loop Jaxon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back