List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they've already announced that Moore has re-signed for another 2 years. Just specualting that Lonie is involved...

Lonie for Freemans hamstrings which they just found behind the old lockers.

Now if I was the "Banker" I'd be carefully explaining the miracle of compound interest to Dylan Shiel.

Shiel might be thinking -jeez its only $200K extra that the Saints are offering but that doesn't guarantee a premiership. Is it really worth it!!!

The "Banker" says yeah maybe so Dylan but if you just put that extra $200k aside each year like a good little boy because if you signed with the Blues you were never gonna get it anyway and lets see what happens!!!!!

$200K a year compounding @ 6% over 5 years becomes $1.5m and then if you stick that in the bank for another 10 years it then becomes a lazy extra $2.8M just for picking the Saints ahead of a bunch of no-hoper scum like Carlton.

Go "banker"!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton will make the finals next year if they can add McGovern, Shiel & Setterfield.

Seriously the over-rating of Carlton's list on here is laughable. They are putrid. To put it in perspective:

Fitzroy (1981 - 1996) - 137 wins, 212 losses, 39% winning percentage, 2 wooden spoons
Carlton (2002 – 2018) - 124 wins, 246 losses, 33% winning percentage, 5 wooden spoons

Then every damn year they raid GWS, and people get jealous and go “Oh no look at that ex GWS player that went to Carlton … Why didn’t we get him, he will be a gun.”

These guns include: Jaksch, Whiley, Lamb, Phillips, Plowman, Sumner, Palmer, Pickett, Marchbank, Kennedy and now Setterfield.

That list is absolute garbage, and Setterfield’s NEAFL numbers are worse than most of that list at the same stage! Best player of the lot is Marchbank and he is a turnover merchant whose shoulders are made of glass.

We have done a lot better with Steele and Bruce than all the Carlton spuds combined.

IF Carlton manage to land Gov, Shiel and Setterfield, and IF their list stays healthy, and IF they get massive improvement from their young high draft picks they MIGHT make it to 17th. But if any of the above doesn't happen, they are back in a two way scrap with the Suns for 18th!!

Our list might be bad, but we are nowhere near as Carlton levels of horrible. Their B+F results below outline just how in trouble they are:
1st - Patrick Cripps (166 votes)
2nd - Kade Simpson (108 votes) - 35 next year
3rd - Ed Curnow (98 votes) - 30 next year
3rd - Charlie Curnow (98 votes)
5th - Dale Thomas (71 votes) - 32 next year
6th - Liam Jones (48 votes) - 29 next year
7th - Zac Fisher (47 votes)
8th - Sam Rowe (43 votes) - 31 next year
9th - Matthew Wright (39 votes) - retired
10th - Marc Murphy (39 votes) - 32 next year

Seriously, only 3 of their top 10 in the B+F will even be there in 2 years. They have Cripps, Curnow, Docherty and then a bunch of high draft picks with potential that have realistically shown SFA. They are absolutely faarrrkkked

BTW, how does only 5 players get over 50 votes on their voting system?If you are best on ground for Carlton you get 16!!!
Were they simply that bad that some coaches simply refused to award votes some weeks? "4 votes Cripps, 3 votes Simpson and ummm yeah that is about all I have because the rest of you are just fu**in useless"

Please also note the lack of ANY of the 10 GWS recruits they have landed so far. Even if they do land the 3 deals mentioned above, Carlton will still comfortably be the worst team of the AFL era, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. And I will continue to enjoy every minute of it!

RIP the career of Will Setterfield! Hopefully they pay you well at least ...

Last edited:
So I've been thinking about the Lynch move and wondering why GC wouldn't match and force Richmond to trade because you'd think they could get more for him, at least I would. But it seems like they had something planned with their trade of 2 players and a future 3rd for a future 3rd.

That gets me thinking about it's not really fair then that Richmond don't pay market value for someone that helps their list materially, but the rest of the clubs, aside from Carlton, get penalised for the trade and access to the next best talent.

To me it would make more sense if for RFA's, the club acquiring the player has to pay the club losing the player compensation which could be a mixture of picks and/or players up to the an equivalent player, so the losing team is still compensated but not at the expense of the rest of the competition - it would also make some of the bigger clubs think twice before they raid smaller club talent or players will stay at their club longer until they're no longer restricted or they look to trade before contracts are out to open the market up and leverage their position to get an even better deal.

It may turn the tables with the smaller clubs then hunting talent from bigger clubs as they maybe more likely to throw a kitchen sink at some of these guys.

Seriously the over-rating of Carlton's list on here is laughable. They are putrid.

only 3 of their top 10 in the B+F will even be there in 2 years. They are faarrrkkked

RIP the career of Will Setterfield!

in no particular order: Mcgovern, Dow, SPS, Cripps, Mckay, Docherty, Plowman, Marchbank, Weitering, Fisher, Charlie Curnow, o'brien, (you'd think walsh) and then maybe setterfield.
In my opinion thats a core that takes you to the top. Loaded with top end talent and players who have serious potential.
Their top end talent is by far better then ours and the sad thing is, they have half butchered their rebuild themselves.
Just my opinion but i like where the blues are headed.

Future second for setterfield I can see but future first for Shiel as well? Strongly doubt it.

I would say a future first gets it done for the reasons given by Enclosed_Animal above, but I am pretty sure you can't trade your future first and future second in the same draft round?

Giving they have McGovern in their sights too I still fail to see how it all comes together for them (Gov, Shiel, Setterfield).

Seriously the over-rating of Carlton's list on here is laughable. They are putrid. To put it in perspective:

Fitzroy (1981 - 1996) - 137 wins, 212 losses, 39% winning percentage, 2 wooden spoons
Carlton (2002 – 2018) - 124 wins, 246 losses, 33% winning percentage, 5 wooden spoons

Then every damn year they raid GWS, and people get jealous and go “Oh no look at the ex GWS player that went to Carlton … Why didn’t we get him, he will be a gun.”

Seriously … Jaksch, Whiley, Lamb, Phillips, Plowman, Sumner, Palmer, Pickett, Marchbank, Kennedy and now Setterfield.

That list is absolute garbage, and Setterfield’s NEAFL numbers are worse than most of that list at the same stage! Best player of the lot is Marchbank and he is a turnover merchant whose shoulders are made of glass.

We have done a lot better with Steele and Bruce than all the Carlton spuds combined.

IF Carlton manage to land Gov, Shiel and Setterfield, and IF their list stays healthy, and IF they get massive improvement from their young high draft picks they MIGHT make it to 17th. But if any of the above doesn't happen, they are back in a two way scrap with the Suns for 18th!!

Our list might be bad, but we are nowhere near as Carlton levels of horrible. Their B+F results below outline just how in trouble they are:
1st - Patrick Cripps (166 votes)
2nd - Kade Simpson (108 votes) - 35 next year
3rd - Ed Curnow (98 votes) - 30 next year
3rd - Charlie Curnow (98 votes)
5th - Dale Thomas (71 votes) - 32 next year
6th - Liam Jones (48 votes) - 29 next year
7th - Zac Fisher (47 votes)
8th - Sam Rowe (43 votes) - 31 next year
9th - Matthew Wright (39 votes) - retired
10th - Marc Murphy (39 votes) - 32 next year

Seriously, only 3 of their top 10 in the B+F will even be there in 2 years. They have Cripps, Curnow, Docherty and then a bunch of high draft picks with potential that have realistically shown SFA. They are absolutely faarrrkkked

BTW, how does only 5 players get over 50 votes on their voting system? Where they that bad that coaches simply refused to award voted some weeks? "4 votes Cripps, 3 votes Simpson and ummm yeah that is about all I have because the rest of you are …"

Please also note the lack of ANY of the 10 GWS recruits they have landed so far. Even if they do land the 3 mentioned above, Carlton will still comfortably be the worst team of the AFL era, and will be for the foreseeable future. And I will continue to enjoy every minute of it.

RIP the career of Will Setterfield! Hopefully they pay you well at least ...
I'm so glad that Steele didnt fall for the Carlton crap when leaving GWS.

in no particular order: Mcgovern, Dow, SPS, Cripps, Mckay, Docherty, Plowman, Marchbank, Weitering, Fisher, Charlie Curnow, o'brien, (you'd think walsh) and then maybe setterfield.
In my opinion thats a core that takes you to the top. Loaded with top end talent and players who have serious potential.
Their top end talent is by far better then ours and the sad thing is, they have half butchered their rebuild themselves.
Just my opinion but i like where the blues are headed.
Dont rate plowman, weitering has a long way to go and could be a bust, not convinced on sps and as for dow and o'brien let's just wait and see.

Is there a Carlton player you'd give next year's second for? Not that we want to be helping them out here, the timing of Setterfields announcement is quite awkward for them.

I would give a future second for Harry McKay and develop him as a swingman / utility a la Gilbo but that's about it looking at their list, and they wouldn't do that trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back