List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

There's more than that using the same names.......
What you mean?
Unless by that your saying they both got suspended from their at times! lol
They did seem to be the common denominator when it came to the s**t fighting over there
and here for that matter! :p
Though in fairness reckon Plugger is far more considered these days than he used to be but at least you know where you
stand with him....He remains true to himself! Wasn't there a bloke called BIGMART that frequented both sites?
Like Plugger was quite knowledgeable and genuinely informative with his views but equally anal back then
when it came to No your wrong my Dick is bigger routine! From memory he could be just a tad rude!
The barneys back then always seemed to feature around Plugger...Joffa ( never change you feral lunatic )....BigMart
that f#cking Spinner bloke lol and of course Mr Gorozides!

As for the rest of you...I genuinely have no idea who was who? wait what?....o_O

Those fellas were both late teens picks. All players come with a buyer beware policy, even supposed blue chip investments like Walsh.

I certainly won't be unhappy if we do exactly as you suggest, however if we can extort something totally unfair out of one of the desperate clubs for this rare jewel, we'd be dumb not to at least consider it. We may never have such a fortunate position again, a mix of top 4 pick in a superdraft with an elite 7 and 3 clubs clamouring over the next 3 players after Walsh.

I've said it before but just so it's clear; if all we can get is a fair deal or small overs then I'd prefer to keep 4. It's robbery or naught.

So for me it's 4 for something like (in order of preference)

A.. 5 and 10 or
B.. 8, 13 and 16 or
C.. 6 and GC's first 2019 pick (NOT Brisbane's first 2019 pick which GC also have)
D.. 4

EDIT: actually my order of preference may in fact be
A
D
C
B
Very much doubt it will be A. B or C

33z65og.jpg
How could i forget you our lord Spaceman! :) Forgive me please!

Though from memory the satirical humor and timing was evident back then
but am i right to say your magnificent Meme game was not as evident?

Very much doubt it will be A. B or C
Yep. Port is hardest sell. It depends if it's Rankine or Rozee left and how much they want the player. If we threaten to take him, they may just back themselves to poach him in 2 years, if we didn't fortify his contract. The biggest chance we have is if they believe that if they don't do the deal, we will definitely sell our pick to the Company, and then the player will be lost to their crosstown rivel forever.

Adelaide is an easier sell because even if we don't pick the player at 4, Port will at 5 and then he's certainly lost to THEIR crosstown rival forever, without us doing a damn thing.

If GC draft Luko and Rankine/Rozee at 2 and 3, they may decide to collect the whole set and really ensure all 3 stay up there. Or maybe they will be happy with the first two.

One thing is for sure, we should wait right til the end to see how far it goes. If the SA clubs bypass us and deal with GC, we draft at 4 with happiness, or we see if GC want to draft the twin Kings, in which case they'll need pick 4 for that and a compelling deal will need to be made.

Correct.

I had yet to get meself an iPhone and a freebie photo app back then

What you mean?
Unless by that your saying they both got suspended from their at times! lol
They did seem to be the common denominator when it came to the s**t fighting over there
and here for that matter!
Though in fairness reckon Plugger is far more considered these days than he used to be but at least you know where you
stand with him....He remains true to himself! Wasn't there a bloke called BIGMART that frequented both sites?
Like Plugger was quite knowledgeable and genuinely informative with his views but equally anal back then
when it came to No your wrong my Dick is bigger routine! From memory he could be just a tad rude!
The barneys back then always seemed to feature around Plugger...Joffa ( never change you feral lunatic )....BigMart
that f#cking Spinner bloke lol and of course Mr Gorozides!

As for the rest of you...I genuinely have no idea who was who? wait what?....o_O
I just stopped one day. It's like reading the ignorant nuffies on Facebook, collective intelligence of a gnat

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those fellas were both late teens picks. All players come with a buyer beware policy, even supposed blue chip investments like Walsh.

I certainly won't be unhappy if we do exactly as you suggest, however if we can extort something totally unfair out of one of the desperate clubs for this rare jewel, we'd be dumb not to at least consider it. We may never have such a fortunate position again, a mix of top 4 pick in a superdraft with an elite 7 and 3 clubs clamouring over the next 3 players after Walsh.

I've said it before but just so it's clear; if all we can get is a fair deal or small overs then I'd prefer to keep 4. It's robbery or naught.

So for me it's 4 for something like (in order of preference)

A.. 5 and 10 or
B.. 8, 13 and 16 or
C.. 6 and GC's first 2019 pick (NOT Brisbane's first 2019 pick which GC also have)
D.. 4

EDIT: actually my order of preference may in fact be
A
D
C
B

Actually think plan C better option than B
Love to get Rankine ...but more or less guaranteed pick 1 next year without finishing last
Matthew Rowell come on down pick Bailey Smith or Max King ...not bad option actually.

Yep. Port is hardest sell. It depends if it's Rankine or Rozee left and how much they want the player. If we threaten to take him, they may just back themselves to poach him in 2 years, if we didn't fortify his contract. The biggest chance we have is if they believe that if they don't do the deal, we will definitely sell our pick to the Company, and then the player will be lost to their crosstown rivel forever.

Adelaide is an easier sell because even if we don't pick the player at 4, Port will at 5 and then he's certainly lost to THEIR crosstown rival forever, without us doing a damn thing.

If GC draft Luko and Rankine/Rozee at 2 and 3, they may decide to collect the whole set and really ensure all 3 stay up there. Or maybe they will be happy with the first two.

One thing is for sure, we should wait right til the end to see how far it goes. If the SA clubs bypass us and deal with GC, we draft at 4 with happiness, or we see if GC want to draft the twin Kings, in which case they'll need pick 4 for that and a compelling deal will need to be made.

We should do our best to get either Pick 5 or Pick 6 and a teens pick. Likely M King or Bailey Smith will be available.

We say to Adelaide, we'll give you Pick 4, 36, 48 for your Picks 8, 13, 16. But GC have to be keen to trade Picks 8, 13 for Pick 6.
End up with 6, 16 - Win, but not a monster win.

Or we go to Port and say "listen campaigners Adelaide will get Pick 4 if you don't give up 5 & 10 or 5 & 15, so do the deal and we won't screw you over."
I like this strategy better :)

I think if we do trade with Port for just one spot we will possibly try for 5&10,but doubt Port wouldnt do it.
They are more likely to offer us 5 & 15 and i certainly wouldnt knock that back ,with our current second pick at 36.
Gold Coast would still get Lukosius and Rozee if they trade 3 for 5 with Port and that option is more likely to cost Port 5&10.
And it gives GC another top 10 pick.
If GC take the Twins,that makes things interesting.Which player out of Lukosios and Rankine would Port want.
I doubt GC take Rankine

As long as GC take both SA players we are in the box seat. We shouldn't look to trade with Adelaide as 8 is too far back. If we can snatch 5 & 10 or 5 & 15 that would be fantastic.

On the list of prospects:

1. Walsh - safest pick of the lot, inside & outside accumulator. Still skinny for AFL
2. Lukosius - Rooey clone but have some doubts over his development at a lower side compared to Adelaide or Port who have gun forward
3. Rankine - Highly talented and a real boom or bust selection for mine, should we really be going to another HF??
4. Max King - could be anything and has bulked up with his rehab. Given the recent track record with talls being picked high, have my doubts. Also a bad set shot - can this be fixed? But a real X Factor with his traits as he's a monster.
5. **Bailey Smith - 2nd safest pick for us behind Walsh. We are crying out for a gun mid, we'd be crazy to overlook him. Inside bull but has acceleration unlike others in the team. Leader - tick. Fantastic kick - tick. Has the tank to slot straight into the middle next season.
6. Rozee - versatile player that could be anything. Reminds me of a better version of Acres. Doesn't have the tank to play in the middle just yet.
7. Nick Blakey - swans have themselves another gun young kid. Looks a star.

Contrary to previous years, MIDS are now attracting the biggest pay packets. We have a chance to secure a gun (unless it horribly goes wrong) and we must nail it.

Bailey Smith or Max King for me

If we can get ports pick 10 or 15 that will open up our options as either smith or M King will be available at pick 5

Walsh is probably a gun at AFL level and apparently everything every club wants in a footballer but he doesn't excite me for some reason. He's not got many issues but he's kind of dull. Smith probably in the same category as that, doesn't have many flaws but somehow he doesn't make me go wow like some of the others. Would probably make sense that we take him and prefer to another tall if Rankine is gone.

And now a lack of Con Gorozides!
What's the point?

I rarely go over there for a peak these days and have never Posted on their but from what i can see
it's well and truly gone to s**t! Used to find it entertaining but as others have pointed out most of their
better posters are now on here!

What i would like to know is some of the pseudonyms you blokes use over there!
Tried figuring it out one night and my head nearly exploded!
I know Drake used to be White Winmar whose posts i used to enjoy over there.
I think Plugger66 and Joffa Boy are the only ones i know that use the same names!

The irony is a few years back when i used to follow it more there was one bloke who used
to piss me off from time to time. That bloody Spinner bloke.....:p

Yet on BF he's up their with my fave posters lol
I believe that was you was it not Gringo?

I'm not very creative, I'm the same on both minus the 2011.

He's gone from dad joke material to the king of photoshop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not very creative, I'm the same on both minus the 2011.
I beg to differ my friend!
Some of your sayings and observations are most creative.....;)
I thought the Gringo on SS was a cheap knockoff lol....Have to pay him more respect in future!
So was i wrong about Spinner? Or was he VDS?

Edit if i'm breaching some peeps privacy and or anonymity i apologise
Otherwise give it up bitches!.....Who was who?

Last edited:
It seems pretty poor but who knows the full story, maybe GWS appeared more open to a single or later pick until scully and others came off the books.

I’m no fan of his and he has form so it may be once a campaigner always a campaigner.

From the time Shiel nominated Essendon as his club of choice GWS told Essendon they wanted 2 x 1st RDPs as an alternative to an early DP this year because the Bombers only had pick 9.

They made it clear from the start. It was reported immediately. Shiel nominated Essendon one week before the trade deadline. A whole week.

Dodoro had heaps of time to just do it. But he was still intransigent with an hour remaining not relenting on the picks that GWS wanted to release Shiel from his contract.

No excuses. Absolutely none.

A lot of media outlets are saying we lost the trade period.

Ignoring the fact we picked up an A grade mid in Hannebery as the Swans must have traded him for a reason.:rolleyes:

Also ignoring the fact we picked up Billy Slater who will help harden up some of our soft talented players like Billings.

Fair enough we're still handicapped by Richo but we now have Ratten to call the shots in the midfield so there's some upside for us there.

#keepthefaith #itsnevertoolate

I beg to differ my friend!
Some of your sayings and observations are most creative.....;)
I thought the Gringo on SS was a cheap knockoff lol....Have to pay him more respect in future!
So was i wrong about Spinner? Or was he VDS?

Edit if i'm breaching some peeps privacy and or anonymity i apologise
Otherwise give it up bitches!.....Who was who?
Me spinner? LMAO.

I was Milton66. Got perma banned thanks to some idiot. Can't even remember his name Joffaboy?

Wait you’re doing all this on a phone?

The mystery and enigma deepens.

That's maximum street cred doing to on an iPhone. I had my phone in Europe and just reading BF was nearly doing my head in. I had to get on the iPad where we were saying.

Me spinner? LMAO.

I was Milton66. Got perma banned thanks to some idiot. Can't even remember his name Joffaboy?

I liked you on there, you came here and became a campaigner. Actually I was a wide eyed optimist back in those day too. I came here and became a campaigner too.

We should do our best to get either Pick 5 or Pick 6 and a teens pick. Likely M King or Bailey Smith will be available.

We say to Adelaide, we'll give you Pick 4, 36, 48 for your Picks 8, 13, 16. But GC have to be keen to trade Picks 8, 13 for Pick 6.
End up with 6, 16 - Win, but not a monster win.

Or we go to Port and say "listen campaigners Adelaide will get Pick 4 if you don't give up 5 & 10 or 5 & 15, so do the deal and we won't screw you over."
I like this strategy better :)
I was thinking about that trio yesterday. Potentially makes sense. Crows would have to pay though. Maybe Suns take 8 and 13 for 6 and another pick. We take 6 and 16 and 21 for 4 and 36 and 46? Hell of a price, but ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back