List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

You got the first part right but he has very good disposal, that’s his strength. He does need to lose some weight if he wants to make it in the AFL.
Looks fantastic in the highlights from the Grand Final. Any idea where he will likely get picked up in the draft/rookie draft?

Looks fantastic in the highlights from the Grand Final. Any idea where he will likely get picked up in the draft/rookie draft?
As a Norwood supporter he was unbelievable. I’m not sure if he will even get picked up. He was interviewed a few weeks back and hadn’t been spoken to.

latest
Looks more like Jerry Seinfeld than the massive hulk he ended up being

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens, whether 8&13 is enough on the night two tempt you. Given the strength of the draft two quality picks might be advantageous given your lack of picks.

Anyway, wish it would bloody be over and done with.
Throw in your 2019 first and we might get tempers, doubt it though. Pick 6 or 5 has got to be in any deal for 4.

Throw in your 2019 first and we might get tempers, doubt it though. Pick 6 or 5 has got to be in any deal for 4.
Can’t see a deal happening unless Saints soften their stance. No chance we will give up 3 firsts. Also Saints are within their rights to demand the earth, I’m not saying they are wrong to just can’t see a deal if they do.

Can’t see a deal happening unless Saints soften their stance. No chance we will give up 3 firsts. Also Saints are within their rights to demand the earth, I’m not saying they are wrong to just can’t see a deal if they do.
Fair enough. I'd say our chances lie in how desperate Port are to move up a place in the draft, but if it seems likely we'll take King then they should get what they want at 5 anyway.

Doesn’t look sluggish in this footage and can find the goals which is something our mids struggle with.

Knock on Grigg was his desire to be an afl footballer.
Not just a talented footballer.

Recent form suggests he's worth another shot

Anyway, are you going to give us 4? :)

Can't see it personally. Your first pick is just too late as it misses the cream, and the Saints need cream. We need quality more than quantity.

I could see us being willing to swap with Ports Pick 5. But suspect that Port will if Luk and Ranking are both gone will just gamble that we do not take Rozee.

Good to see all that talk by certain people on here about Billings being unhappy at the Saints and wanting to leave was just a huge pile of horse shxt. He says he has no intention to leave and loves the club and wants to help get us back to the top. Just shows that some people like to spread rumours so everyone thinks they are in the know when they really aren't at all. Take all these stories every year with a grain of salt.

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember watching the 2011 it was obvious we had been gazumped by Adelaide when they called Mitch Griggs out at #41. Our recruiters looked disappointed but got a bonus with Jimmy Webster with our pick.

Griggs is absolutely what we need and should be a priority after his recent form in the SANFL. He is not quick but moves well and has been likened to a midfield Jordan Lewis. A natural midfielder who goes forward and kicks goals is like gold in todays game, but the Saints will find a reason to pass him over.

He is very similiar to some others on our list but surely he is an upgrade on Armitage and Dunstan.

Good to see all that talk by certain people on here about Billings being unhappy at the Saints and wanting to leave was just a huge pile of horse shxt. He says he has no intention to leave and loves the club and wants to help get us back to the top. Just shows that some people like to spread rumours so everyone thinks they are in the know when they really aren't at all. Take all these stories every year with a grain of salt.

Go Saints
Wouldn't go the early crow and too hard on the criticism by a good media campaign.

We all hope he stays. But he's not going to come out pre-season and say he wants to leave..

As a few of said who do actually know - he has been unhappy and would go if the compensation was right for Saints. But none has eventuated.

I remember watching the 2011 it was obvious we had been gazumped by Adelaide when they called Mitch Griggs out at #41. Our recruiters looked disappointed but got a bonus with Jimmy Webster with our pick.

Griggs is absolutely what we need and should be a priority after his recent form in the SANFL. He is not quick but moves well and has been likened to a midfield Jordan Lewis. A natural midfielder who goes forward and kicks goals is like gold in todays game, but the Saints will find a reason to pass him over.

He is very similiar to some others on our list but surely he is an upgrade on Armitage and Dunstan.
Answered your own question I think.

Crows won't want our pick unless Rankine is available at 4 on the night. There's just too much SA talent that can be taken with 8, 13, 16 and 21 for them to punt on pick 4 without a guarantee. For the mechanics of it you'd want pick 2 or 3, with GC taking 4, and Saints taking 6.
Between the 3 clubs there's:
8, 13, 16, 21 (Adl)
23 & 29 (GC)
36 & 46 (Stk)
to equalize points, but in reality the Crows simply don't have enough draft pick appeal to get a top 3/4 pick this year. You'll need our future 1st to tempt GC, and we'd be requiring pick 8 and more to let it happen.

Answered your own question I think.

I guess I did and I don't know what Armitage & Dunstan's contract situation are which would be a hurdle. Nether player have ever had the endurance to play AFL at high standard. Just another example of our previous shoddy list management.

I cant recall either of them ever getting 36 touches, a heap of contested clearances and kicking 6 goals in a VFL game as Griggs did in this years SANFL GF?

Last edited:
Just spitballing here...

Everything you read about Sam Walsh makes him sound like an absolute sure bet to be a star. Like vive him a few years and he's top 10 in the league type of star

Carlton don't have a pick after #1 till pick 77.

Would they take 46 as well to swap 1 and 4?

Would we do it?

I've never watched any of thesekids play so i have no idea about the hype. Just going off my reading

Just spitballing here...

Everything you read about Sam Walsh makes him sound like an absolute sure bet to be a star. Like vive him a few years and he's top 10 in the league type of star

Carlton don't have a pick after #1 till pick 77.

Would they take 46 as well to swap 1 and 4?

Would we do it?

I've never watched any of thesekids play so i have no idea about the hype. Just going off my reading
I don't think they'd do it, but anyway I think we'd be foolish to do it aswell. I'd prefer us to turn pick 4 into a number of high picks. It is going to be interesting on draft night to see what happens!

Wouldn't go the early crow and too hard on the criticism by a good media campaign.

We all hope he stays. But he's not going to come out pre-season and say he wants to leave..

As a few of said who do actually know - he has been unhappy and would go if the compensation was right for Saints. But none has eventuated.

Well the ones who do actually know also said we were getting Kelly for sure a couple years ago and we all know how that turned out. Also Steven was definitely going to Geelong during the last trade period as well. I also remember one who is supposed to be in the know said last year that a huge deal was about to happen for us but he couldn't say what just in case it didn't happen which it didn't of course. So in other words he was saying if something big happens then I told you first but if it doesn't happen then you can't blame him. The reality is that I don't believe anyone who claims to be in the know any more. I am yet to see someone say something which isn't just rumours that then comes true. After all why would the inner sanctum at St Kilda let it slip to someone who might just work there or know someone who works there.

Go Saints

Article in the HUN suggesting GC are working at either swapping 2 and 6 for pick 1 or 6 and 2019 1st for our pick 4

Where the feck do we sign???? 6 and likely 2019 pick 1 for 4? If GC did that they may as well give up! Hell, I'd even do 4 and a swap of 2019 1st round picks for 6 this year

4 and 18 for 6 and 1 looks good to me! :D

Last edited:
Article in the HUN suggesting GC are working at either swapping 2 and 6 for pick 1 or 6 and 2019 1st for our pick 4

Where the feck do we sign???? 6 and likely 2019 pick 1 for 4? If GC did that they may as well give up! Hell, I'd even do 4 and a 2019 1st round picl swap for 6 this year

4 and 18 for 6 and 1 looks good to me! :D
This includes sending Gresham as sweetener

Remove this Banner Ad

Back