List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

in no particular order: Mcgovern, Dow, SPS, Cripps, Mckay, Docherty, Plowman, Marchbank, Weitering, Fisher, Charlie Curnow, o'brien, (you'd think walsh) and then maybe setterfield.
In my opinion thats a core that takes you to the top. Loaded with top end talent and players who have serious potential.
Their top end talent is by far better then ours and the sad thing is, they have half butchered their rebuild themselves.
Just my opinion but i like where the blues are headed.
Just my 2 cents too mate, but its like I have teleported back to 2007 / 2008 and all I can hear is “They know we are coming”

Bryce Gibbs, Josh Kennedy, Marc Murphy, Matthew Kruezer, Andrew Walker (all top 3 picks) +

Fev, Waite, Betts, Kouta, Lappin, Whitnall, Simpson, Carrazzo and Stevens.

“That’s a core that takes you to the top”

They then added Judd to that group and that got them absolutely nowhere (cough Shiel cough). I would take our current list over theirs anyday - and I don't even rate our list that highly!

Only my opinion, but based on their b+f results they will get significantly worse before they get any better. Importantly, that type of environment can really stifle player development (see GC). So no matter how high the talent base you bring in is, if you put them in that type of environment then many will struggle. Stars like Cripps are the exception not the rule that way. Weitering is more the prime example.

Cripps, Doc and maybe C.Curnow as the only certainties from that list. The rest either have some massive question marks or are simply unexposed kids who could be absolutely anything (including not much).

For me they are absolutely faaarrrrked …. and I love it!! Seriously, if anyone is feeling down this trade period go and look at their B+F results. You will feel soooo much better about our list!

Last edited:
Is there a Carlton player you'd give next year's second for? Not that we want to be helping them out here, the timing of Setterfields announcement is quite awkward for them.

I would give a future second for Harry McKay and develop him as a swingman / utility a la Gilbo but that's about it looking at their list, and they wouldn't do that trade.

Weitering

Just to help out and all

So I've been thinking about the Lynch move and wondering why GC wouldn't match and force Richmond to trade because you'd think they could get more for him, at least I would. But it seems like they had something planned with their trade of 2 players and a future 3rd for a future 3rd.

That gets me thinking about it's not really fair then that Richmond don't pay market value for someone that helps their list materially, but the rest of the clubs, aside from Carlton, get penalised for the trade and access to the next best talent.

To me it would make more sense if for RFA's, the club acquiring the player has to pay the club losing the player compensation which could be a mixture of picks and/or players up to the an equivalent player, so the losing team is still compensated but not at the expense of the rest of the competition - it would also make some of the bigger clubs think twice before they raid smaller club talent or players will stay at their club longer until they're no longer restricted or they look to trade before contracts are out to open the market up and leverage their position to get an even better deal.

It may turn the tables with the smaller clubs then hunting talent from bigger clubs as they maybe more likely to throw a kitchen sink at some of these guys.
Better than pick 3? I highly doubt it

You'd think impossible they get setterfield McGovern and shiel and keep pick 1 now.
Setterfield - Second rounder.
Gov - Second rounder and McAdams.
Shiel (If he chooses the Blues) - Future first.

Keep pick 1 for Walsh.

in no particular order: Mcgovern, Dow, SPS, Cripps, Mckay, Docherty, Plowman, Marchbank, Weitering, Fisher, Charlie Curnow, o'brien, (you'd think walsh) and then maybe setterfield.
In my opinion thats a core that takes you to the top. Loaded with top end talent and players who have serious potential.
Their top end talent is by far better then ours and the sad thing is, they have half butchered their rebuild themselves.
Just my opinion but i like where the blues are headed.

Very generous to include about half those blokes

Keep pick 1 for Walsh.

Just my opinion, but if I'm GWS I'm not giving you shiel for a future 1st.

Include setterfield and gov jnr with doc back and that first could be in the 8-10 range. I'm not taking that risk.

Let's start with pick 1 and work out eveners from there shall we.

Just my opinion, but if I'm GWS I'm not giving you shiel for a future 1st.

Include setterfield and gov jnr with doc back and that first could be in the 8-10 range. I'm not taking that risk.

Let's start with pick 1 and work out eveners from there shall we.
Beat me to it Kegs.
Agree totally, with the injection of talent and Doc back Carlton will improve.
Our pick 4 this year may be about 4 to 6 places higher in the draft order than Carlton 2019 1st rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep pick 1 for Walsh.
Why would Adelaide do that trade? Gov is contracted ur going to have to pay overs to get him, likely a top 15 pick. Also don't think GWS would do that Shiel trade, they're in the premiership window so adding future pick and losing one of their best midfielders sets them back.

giphy.gif
images
giphy.gif
images
giphy.gif
images
giphy.gif
images

Jeez George!!
Unlocked my phone on the runway immediately after landing after a four hour flight and this was the first post I saw!

WTH you do that for????? :eek:

It's our board Georgie boy. Just announce us as winners now! :p
Lol

Well if you look at it logically, then there's just no way that Carlton can bring over McGovern, Setterfield and Shiel in one trade period without using their first pick. If I am GWS I would demand this years first. It's a strong draft and they would be silly not to push for it.

If they decide that pick 1 is going to GWS for Shiel, then what will it take to bring over McGovern? He is worth a first rounder isn't he? Just too difficult to make all three moves without being compromised somewhat.

I honestly think it's between us and Hawthorn. Gut says he'll go to Hawthorn but he would be a silly, silly boy to do that. We are offering the most money and there is no guarantee on winning a premiership wherever you go so he would be risking a lot of money going to anyone other than us.

I mentioned last week that some of our boys spoke with him and then days later we find out the situation has changed.

I hope whatever was said to him has made him seriously re-evaluate his future.

I think we find out tomorrow afternoon.

wtf did carlton do to make you so upset? you've made 2 post that are probably over 500 words + into why carlton are going to be soooo terrible, are you mad that a washed up 28+ year old is the only significant signing you're going to get this trade period?

Didnt realise that Karl Mofoing Amon was 28??

Seriously, only 3 of their top 10 in the B+F will even be there in 2 years. They have Cripps, Curnow, Docherty and then a bunch of high draft picks with potential that have realistically shown SFA. They are absolutely faarrrkkked
Great post there Enclosed...…...after reading yr post....I suddenly have an extra spring in my step.

Jeez George!!
Unlocked my phone on the runway immediately after landing after a four hour flight and this was the first post I saw!

WTH you do that for????? :eek:
Trade period summed up in one post!

Followed by 10,000 posts s**t canning the club when it doesn't happen :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back