List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
throw the sink at lynch. 1.5 p.a if needed as we don't have a key forward.

Then give our 2019 first plus someone expendable like newnes for degoey and draft the best mid we can with a top 3 pick this year.

If we have enough left over try and snag gaff aswell.

Finally sort out our coaching panel and have another crack at this so called rebuild
By all reports GC have the cash to match whatever offer Lynch gets. Would you be comfortable giving up two first round picks for him?

It’s been worse. Much worse. It will get better. Always does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well when you are at the bottom the only way is up I guess.

rubbish ... its only us crusty old fellas who are getting frustrated ... the next gen of kids are as pasionate as ever

My kids are losing interest and the same with the Saints kids at school and his junior footy. Most aren't interested in going to games any more. At the end of last year i was taking some of my sons St Kilda mates with him to games, the first few games this year they were still coming. Now they are all wanting to stay home and play Fortnight together instead. I literally can't even bribe him to games any more. My daughter is more fair weather so hasn't been keen for a while.

By all reports GC have the cash to match whatever offer Lynch gets. Would you be comfortable giving up two first round picks for him?
Personally I think they can match everyone apart from us and north. But that would mean we would have to spend very big. Is he worth that much? Probably not... but who do we spend the money on if not him?
at this stage it looks very likely that we will lose our 105% cap unless we get a big name or front load even more money on players contracts who clearly aren't worth that much and it can be quite risky

No way , we need to bring as many top end picks in not hand them off .

Ive heard the magic number for Lynch is currently 1.8mill per year , thats massive coin , it will be the most lucrative deal in the AFL when he signs .

My kids are losing interest and the same with the Saints kids at school and his junior footy. Most aren't interested in going to games any more. At the end of last year i was taking some of my sons St Kilda mates with him to games, the first few games this year they were still coming. Now they are all wanting to stay home and play Fortnight together instead. I literally can't even bribe him to games any more. My daughter is more fair weather so hasn't been keen for a while.
I blame the parents...

One question with due respect:

Do you carry on like you do here when the Saints aren't going well? Maybe your kids' reluctance to go to games isn't solely about the team.

What the hell is Fortnight? The world's most boring agenda planning-based game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One question with due respect:

Do you carry on like you do here when the Saints aren't going well? Maybe your kids' reluctance to go to games isn't solely about the team.

What the hell is Fortnight? The world's most boring agenda planning-based game?

No the opposite, I try to convince them that its all rainbows and lollypops. I save my s**t cracking for you guys. I'm very mild mannered and positive in real life.....I just bluff it when there is really a raging, depressive, misanthrope under the surface just waiting to jump out. I come on here and unload it on you campaigners.

Fortnight is like Minecraft for budding serial killers or sociopaths, all the kids are on it now.

Personally I think they can match everyone apart from us and north. But that would mean we would have to spend very big. Is he worth that much? Probably not... but who do we spend the money on if not him?
at this stage it looks very likely that we will lose our 105% cap unless we get a big name or front load even more money on players contracts who clearly aren't worth that much and it can be quite risky
I agree with you about the money, I have no problem spending that on him if it meant getting him as a FA. As you said, the money needs to go somewhere.

However, GC will find the cash to match anything IMO. They can't afford to lose him and if they do, they will move heaven and earth to make sure they get what's fair for him.

I agree with you about the money, I have no problem spending that on him if it meant getting him as a FA. As you said, the money needs to go somewhere.

However, GC will find the cash to match anything IMO. They can't afford to lose him and if they do, they will move heaven and earth to make sure they get what's fair for him.

The AFL are very keen to keep him there they can pay him outside their cap even. He will probably stay but otherwise he goes to Richmond or Pies for success and opportunity post footy.

No way , we need to bring as many top end picks in not hand them off .

Ive heard the magic number for Lynch is currently 1.8mill per year , thats massive coin , it will be the most lucrative deal in the AFL when he signs .
This is why I get so angry at our stingey little offer to Kelly last year.. in 3 years time the sort of money he'll be worth is laughable compared to what we could have given

I think our best bet this year is to turn our high 1st round pick in to two lower first round picks. Then, we need to convince 2 contracted or non-FA players to tell their club that they want to go 'home' by offering them a deal they can't refuse. Examples might be Luke Parker & Dylan Shiel, Ollie Wines. This would achieve:

Two ready made guns (versus 1 speculative high draft pick)

Uses our TPP position (rather than drafting a kid)

Can't rely on FA, as the mids on offer are seriously underwhelming and probably won't come anyway.

Gives the other club a 1st rounder in the super draft + cap relief. They will still want more, but if we can get the player to strongly nominate us then we are a chance - maybe with something extra thrown in.

I just seriously underwhlemed at the list of FA mids, and they are unlikely to pick us anyway. A gun kid might be ok, but is speculate and almost always takes time. We need leadership asap.

Last edited:

Yeah you're right definitely not worth the money and the draft picks in my opinion... he's simply not worth that

I think our best bet this year is to turn our high 1st round pick in to two lower first round picks. Then, we need to convince 2 contracted or non-FA players to tell their club that they want to go 'home' by offering them a deal they can't refuse. Examples might be Luke Parker & Dylan Shiel, Ollie Wines. This would achieve:

Two ready made guns (versus 1 speculative high draft pick)

Uses our TPP position (rather than drafting a kid)

Can't rely on FA, as the mids on offer are seriously underwhelming and probably won't come anyway.

Gives the other club a 1st rounder in the super draft + cap relief. They will still want more, but if we can get the player to strongly nominate us then we are a chance - maybe with something extra thrown in.

I just seriously underwhlemed at the list of FA mids, and they are unlikely to pick us anyway. A fun kid might be ok, but is speculate and almost always takes time. We need leadership asap.

Except we have got no better at drafting for that very reason. We burnt all our high picks to get access to multiple later picks. I know this is a deep draft but when you have access to the top end of a very high quality draft you don't go watering down your picks. Just keep Trout's hand away from anything to do with it except stamping the paper work. He'd probably still poke himself in the eye with the stamp first but it might be the most useful he's ever been at the club.

Out of the FA's i believe that Adelaide are clearly the least likely to match any offer. Their cap is tight and Sloane will be 29 and coming off an injury riddled season.

I think West Coast will have money for Gaff, although if McGovern signs a huge deal it might make it a bit tighter. The fact they will finish a lot higher than predicted also means they’ll be more desperate to force to a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back