List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need as many A-Grade midfielders as we can get and I think Sloane and Kelly provide that, Gaff to an extent (although would be predominantly on a wing) and I don't think there's a spot for Dahlhaus in the side but again just IMO. I much prefer Wellers aggression around the ball and ball carrier.
I dunno how much you have watched of Dahl and maybe I have it wrong, but I find he is very aggressive.

And I love Weller. I don't think he would take his spot in our side, fitness pending he would get a lot of mid/wing time in our side.

Isn't Aaron Hall eligible for FA, or is he just OOC?

From that list, be going hard at Sloane, Gaff and Dollhouse, but wouldn't want to spend our first rounder on Gaff, if the draft still looks as good as it does now and our pick is top 10.
I think Hall is available next year, was picked up in the 2011 preseason draft I think

Don't know why you wouldn't play both Dollhouse and Mav (if back in form). LD would be taking the place of a Lonie/Minch/Wright and be a monstrous upgrade on them.

Alternatively, he could take the place of an Armo/Koby, giving us a better balance to our midfield and more versatility, being genuinely able to rotate through the forwardline and be a threat there. You could have him, Stuv and Gresh all rotating between there and the midfield.

Like with Gaff, I wouldn't want to have to give up our 2018 first for him, but if he came for just cap space? Giddy-up.

2018 Free Agent List

Adelaide

Richard Douglas
David Mackay
Andy Otten
Rory Sloane
Brodie Smith

Brisbane Lions

Rohan Bewick
Ryan Lester

Carlton

Marc Murphy
Kade Simpson

Collingwood

Jarryd Blair
Alex Fasolo
Tyson Goldsack
Ben Reid
Josh Thomas

Essendon

Tom Bellchambers

Fremantle

Hayden Ballantyne
Michael Johnson
David Mundy
Aaron Sandilands

Geelong
Cameron Guthrie
George Horlin-Smith
Harry Taylor

Gold Coast

Jarrod Harbrow
Tom Lynch
Tom Nicholls

Hawthorn
Shaun Burgoyne
Taylor Duryea
Paul Puopolo
Ryan Schoenmakers
Brendan Whitecross

Melbourne
Max Gawn
Neville Jetta
Tom McDonald

North Melbourne
Shaun Atley
Andrew Swallow
Lindsay Thomas
Scott Thompson
Sam Wright

Port Adelaide
Justin Westhoff

Richmond

Reece Conca
Ben Griffiths
Shaun Grigg
Dylan Grimes
Bachar Houli

Swans
Heath Grundy
Jarrad McVeigh
Nick Smith

West Coast
Andrew Gaff
Shannon Hurn
Mark LeCras
Scott Lycett
Eric Mackenzie
Jeremy McGovern

Western Bulldogs
Luke Dahlhaus
Tom Liberatore
Dale Morris
Jordan Roughead
Mitch Wallis

Putrid list.

War room is very quiet, but things can change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree on this. We've been to the draft over the past 5 years. Time to complete the list with ready made, A grade class.
If we're not ready now we never will be.
There are not many players available that interest me. Maybe Sloan and Hall. Pity Sloan was'nt a bit younger though.

And why do you suggest we will have a top ten pick? I certainly hope not.

Because we didn't do anything to address our midfield depth in the off season which will have an impact next year. So can't see us improving too much unfortunately. Just the vibe I have really
I'm hoping hickey gets an op to prove himself again and gives us trade value.

I don't really get why anyone would be opposed to Sloane if all he cost was money/cap space.

So wot if he only lasts say 4 years? At the end of that time he frees up a chunk of cap space and you can go after the next Sloane if need be.

And if he helps us win a flag in the meantime I'm sure none of us will care.

If he's open to it and we don't have to trade for him, bloody get it done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back