2nds 2018 Stand Alone VFL - Inaugural season over. Time for reviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moving well?!

He moved like a recently retired player in an EJ Whitten game playing against fat old men.

Always looks a cut above in his cameos by golly we need his body to hold up short and long term.

The fact he was captured moving at all was a highlight for me.

0 tackles by Narrier, by a small forward, hmm...

I'm surprised how much leeway he's been given by contributors here in relation to other VFL players.

He has tricks but plays like a lair at times. Looks like a player that needs a mental switch flicked to really become a genuine prospect.

I'm surprised how much leeway he's been given by contributors here in relation to other VFL players.

He has tricks but plays like a lair at times. Looks like a player that needs a mental switch flicked to really become a genuine prospect.
There's a lot to like attribute wise, but for some reason, he just doesn't put in consistent efforts, particularly defensively.

I've always quite liked Jackson Thurlow as a versatile defender, has had a wretched run with injury but could be worth a look as a DFA this year? Isn't cracking the Cats lineup atm

Disposals vs Geelong. Hibberd 29 @ 76%, Clarke 27 @ 67%, Williams 27 @ 63%, Hrovat 15 @ 80%, Xerri 15 @ 80%, Larkey 14 @ 64%, Hayden 13 @ 69%, Narrier 13 @ 38%, Durdin 12 @ 83%, Nielson 12 @ 42%, McKay 10 @ 60%, Walker 10 @ 50%, Junker 9 @ 89%, Preuss 6 @ 83%, Garner 6 @ 67%, Davies-Uniacke 5 @ 80%. Champion Data.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFFECTIVE disposals vs Geelong. HIbberd 22, Clarke 18, Williams 17, Hrovat 12, Xerri 12, Durdin 10, Hayden 9, Larkey 9, Junker 8, McKay 6, Narrier 5, Nielson 5, Preuss 5, Walker 5, Garner 4, Davies-Uniacke 4. Champion Data.

EFFECTIVE disposals vs Geelong. HIbberd 22, Clarke 18, Williams 17, Hrovat 12, Xerri 12, Durdin 10, Hayden 9, Larkey 9, Junker 8, McKay 6, Narrier 5, Nielson 5, Preuss 5, Walker 5, Garner 4, Davies-Uniacke 4. Champion Data.

That's my boy.

Coming along nicely.

Gee I hope people keep posting this for the rest of the week, just for those who might have missed it all the other times it's been posted.

Sorry mate, I haven't come across it as yet. Mustn't be looking in the right places since Stephenson played yesterday... & Grimlock posted the stats in this thread about 7 hours ago.

Gee I hope people keep posting this for the rest of the week, just for those who might have missed it all the other times it's been posted.

I mean, it's the definitive statement on LDU's career.
Bit snarky.

Look I've got plenty of patience. I've also got plenty of faith that LDU is going to end up a super player.

But i don't believe it is acceptable for anyone to play basically 4 quarters of VFL football for a statistical return that low.

I don't care if you are a 2nd string 18 year old beanpole ruckman coming off multiple ACLs. You simply must find a way to be more involved than that.

He'll learn from it. And he'd never want to fail to produce like that again.

Bit snarky.

Look I've got plenty of patience. I've also got plenty of faith that LDU is going to end up a super player.

But i don't believe it is acceptable for anyone to play basically 4 quarters of VFL football for a statistical return that low.

I don't care if you are a 2nd string 18 year old beanpole ruckman coming off multiple ACLs. You simply must find a way to be more involved than that.

Ah ha!!! The problem is he didn't play 4 quarters, he was off from the beginning of the 3rd quarter after a heavy tackle. Did no one notice him missing? That's something to add to the stats sheet "minutes played" makes a difference!

Bit snarky.

He went off in the 3rd quarter with a head knock.

Ah ha!!! The problem is he didn't play 4 quarters, he was off from the beginning of the 3rd quarter after a heavy tackle. Did no one notice him missing? That's something to add to the stats sheet "minutes played" makes a difference!

He went off in the 3rd quarter with a head knock.

I actually didn't know that when I made my "snarky" post. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference to my reaction, frankly.

It is funny, though, that those who were continually referencing LDUs low possessions (the reason for my "snarky" post) obviously didn't know it either.

All snark aside, I just think it's ridiculous that anyone would be whining about a down game of a 19yo. I realise I'm not in the minority here.

Only have to go back one match to see that Davies-Uniacke was going fine. EFFECTIVE disposals vs. Sandringham. Hibberd 23, Clarke 21, Morgan 17, Hrovat 15, McKay 14, Walker 14, Davies-Uniacke 12, Hayden 12, Durdin 9, Nielson 9, Preuss 9, Larkey 7, Zurhaar 5, Narrier 4, Xerri 4, Junker 3.

Isn’t this BF where the truth is only beneficial if it suits the narrative.

I actually didn't know that when I made my "snarky" post. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference to my reaction, frankly.

It is funny, though, that those who were continually referencing LDUs low possessions (the reason for my "snarky" post) obviously didn't know it either.

All snark aside, I just think it's ridiculous that anyone would be whining about a down game of a 19yo. I realise I'm not in the minority here.

I wasn't whining & it wasn't even an inference on the future of the 3 players... It was more a comment on the coincidence (or whatever word you want to label it) that in the week where LDU gets 5 possies at VFL level, the 2 players drafted immediately after him had arguably their best games at AFL level.

I wasn't whining & it wasn't even an inference on the future of the 3 players... It was more a comment on the coincidence (or whatever word you want to label it) that in the week where LDU gets 5 possies at VFL level, the 2 players drafted immediately after him had arguably their best games at AFL level.

Sorry mate, shouldn't have been aimed at you - there were others whining and reading more into the coincidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back