2nds 2018 Stand Alone VFL - Inaugural season over. Time for reviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

They literally have NOTHING that they could trade that we would want.
Wasnt saying they did. I just take it as a nice compliment.

Its nice being able to have such dominating games against them in the 1s and 2s.

So do some of their board on BF
Off to the hawks board i go!!

Wasnt saying they did. I just take it as a nice compliment.

Its nice being able to have such dominating games against them in the 1s and 2s.

Off to the hawks board i go!!

I dropped in their VFL thread and made a comment, but was quickly reminded of the complete ******* mongoloids that pollute that place.

I really enjoyed the comments on their board admitting we have better depth than they do.

Their VFL side was basically ghosttown, I took zero notice of their players. Meanwhile you can't miss big Preussy, Hayden's intensity, Cameron Zurhaars grunt, Gordon Narrier's speed etc.

We've got genuine personalities with skill on the field. Hawks had nuffin except a few key players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really enjoyed the comments on their board admitting we have better depth than they do.
Surprised they admitted that. Though they do like to talk down to opposition supporters as if they are the grand oracle of football...a bit like how Lolmond supporters have been doing only after one good year.

Never said he wasn't, he just wasn't the quickest bloke (except for his first 5-10 metres bursting out of a clearance area pre-achilles) and was never the longest kick of the ball, which wasn't his go anyway. His kicking on the outside was never great, wasn't terrible by any means though.
I reckon off the mark Kyron isn't quick but has a solid top end. Beautiful finish with his kicks and great hands. He's very footy smart according to his coaches. Loved watching Walker today after being off for a couple of weeks, he's coming along. LDU had a quiet one but that's going to happen to all of them, he'll come back. Narrier impressed, has been known to be a bit last in defence, but didn't show any of that today. Don't see what Neilson did today that got him into the best, but who knows!

I reckon off the mark Kyron isn't quick but has a solid top end. Beautiful finish with his kicks and great hands. He's very footy smart according to his coaches. Loved watching Walker today after being off for a couple of weeks, he's coming along. LDU had a quiet one but that's going to happen to all of them, he'll come back. Narrier impressed, has been known to be a bit last in defence, but didn't show any of that today. Don't see what Neilson did today that got him into the best, but who knows!
I was talking about Swallow and their differences.

Preuss, Larkey and Zurhaar are officially ....knocking the door down....That was as dominant a first half against supposedly good opposition that you could see. Pretty much a replica of the Hawthorn v North seniors game.

Ahern and BMac also playing well enough to be promoted if required.

These last 2 wins have been important - if we are to be a solid contender we need the reserves to be winning - this is what the Dogs had 2 years ago and Richmond last year. The start to the year by our reserves was very poor - but today they looked fast, cohesive and of course had some excellent individual performances.

That game just about showcased every player on our list.

The scores don’t actively reflect how much we dominated them.

Pruess, Zurhaar and Holmes set the tone Very early. Their defensive effort and pressure was off the charts. Zurhaar showed today why he is an AFL footballer. His kicking has improved out of sight, and really makes the most of every possession he gets.

Ahern’s class really shone through today I thought. He was a step ahead of everyone. He isn’t the most flashy footballer, but he has elite vision, elite side step and beautiful skills. He absolutely nailed some kicks today. When he gets in the seniors he is going to provide a big point of difference in our midfield.

Really like Nielsons game. Thought he played the %’s well and had an influence. Very rarely got beaten 1 v 1. Took the responsibility with durdin out of the side.

Larkey’s workrate is off the charts for a young KP forward. He is one pre-season away from being a consistent AFL footballer I reckon.

Morgan and Walker showed a lot more today than I had seen in previous games. Walker can turn on a dime and has a presence for a guy who is skinny! Not sure if he becomes a genuine mid at AFL level. Morgan showed a bit today, few neat kicks and some solid defending.

With Hayden it’s not just the physicality and ball winning ability that has me exciting. It’s the same things, bumps, blocks, continual pressure. He is a real natural footballer. Wait until next year when he has had a full pre-season under his belt.

Thought Mountford showed a bit in the 2nd half too, good skill, tenacious and kicked a really neat roving goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back